Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Thread: Swollen Calf/Lots of Pain at injection site

Default Swollen Calf/Lots of Pain at injection site

Hello all,

My brother is using Sustanon, and he's been on a cycle for about 6 weeks now I think. He gets injection pain that lasts for a few days, then goes away, but this time something went wrong.

He did it in his right calf (He has before), but this time, on the 3rd day, it started hurting really bad, and has a lot of swelling. He can't even walk on it, and when he pushes on it, it leaves a dent that takes about 20 minutes to fade away. You know how if you push on your skin, it gives a bit, then goes back to it's normal state? Well, it takes about 30 minutes for him.

He says there is no discoloration, just a whole hell of a lot of pain at the injection site mainly. He says he thinks he might have gone too deep, that's the only thing he can think of.

This will be the 5th or 6th day of pain and swelling. I've read up, and this seems like it happens sometimes (at least to some people on these boards), but I just wanted to see if anyone else had anything like this happen to them, and what they did or didn't do?
    "Normal" is just a setting on a washing machine.

well sus would not be my first choice for sticking into a small muscle group like the calf - takes to long for the oils to dissipate - I think as long as he doesnt have any swelling or redness he just has to gut it out

also you should never go over 1/2 cc into the calf or use a pin longer than 1/2 inch

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon
    well sus would not be my first choice for sticking into a small muscle group like the calf - takes to long for the oils to dissipate - I think as long as he doesnt have any swelling or redness he just has to gut it out

also you should never go over 1/2 cc into the calf or use a pin longer than 1/2 inch
    I disagree. I have done lots of calve injections and you can push 2cc's w/ 1" and 1 1/2" 23ga in there no problem however there is a very small sweetspot just about in the center on the outer head. If you put your hand with the heel of your palm on the knee and extend your fingers towards you ankle that's about the spot.

Sound to my like you bro just missed it. Every once in a while I get those in almost every muscle group.

-TAZ

Not sure Vrulle. The gastrocnemius is a fairly thick muscle and I assume a one inch pin was used. If a 1.5 inch pin was used, there could be a possibility that he could have landed between the superficial and deep posterior compartment rather than in the belly of the muscle (assuming the gastrocnemius isn't as big as it should be for a 1.5 inch pin when relaxed). The muscle will use up the oil and hormone but the interfascia could take forever to use it up. Nothing that I can think of would explain the indentation though (except rapid myolosis or rhabdomyolosis which would be a terrible thing).

1. Does the injection sight feel hot to the touch?
    2. Can he take a picture of the sight where he injected ranging from normal non-flexion to flexion and post it so we can see the indentation?
    3. Is there a knot or a raised bump?
    4. Is there a rash or something resembling a rash around the injection sight?
    5. Does the injection site itch?
    I'm a sex object. When I ask women for sex, they object.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ
    I disagree. I have done lots of calve injections and you can push 2cc's w/ 1" and 1 1/2" 23ga in there no problem however there is a very small sweetspot just about in the center on the outer head. If you put your hand with the heel of your palm on the knee and extend your fingers towards you ankle that's about the spot.

Sound to my like you bro just missed it. Every once in a while I get those in almost every muscle group.

-TAZ

but after doing alot of injections it gets much easier and pain free - at least for me

Quote Originally Posted by Spook
    Not sure Vrulle. The gastrocnemius is a fairly thick muscle and I assume a one inch pin was used. If a 1.5 inch pin was used, there could be a possibility that he could have landed between the superficial and deep posterior compartment rather than in the belly of the muscle (assuming the gastrocnemius isn't as big as it should be for a 1.5 inch pin when relaxed). The muscle will use up the oil and hormone but the interfascia could take forever to use it up. Nothing that I can think of would explain the indentation though (except rapid myolosis or rhabdomyolosis which would be a terrible thing).

1. Does the injection sight feel hot to the touch?
    2. Can he take a picture of the sight where he injected ranging from normal non-flexion to flexion and post it so we can see the indentation?
    3. Is there a knot or a raised bump?
    4. Is there a rash or something resembling a rash around the injection sight?
    5. Does the injection site itch?
    1. Nope, no heat
    2. Unfortunately, no
    3. Yes, there is a definite knot in his calf now. He says it feels like a hard lump, but all the swelling has gone away. It still hurts really bad when he tries to do normal calf stretch exercises as well.
    4. Nope, and he feels fine too, no fever or sickness at all
    5. Hmmm, I didn't specifically ask about that, but he didn't mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon
    but after doing alot of injections it gets much easier and pain free - at least for me
    Yeah, he did it in one calf twice, and his righ calf I think this was his second on that one.

He loves doing it there, because he feels no pain at all, at least until this time of course.

he may simply have hit a nerve this time then - I also like calves most of the time

It sounds like the problems he is having is disappearing for now. IMO, for every inject site, the site should be thoroughly massaged deeply after the injection. If the pain has gone awayrather than gotten worse, but he did notice some swelling, my guess is that it was a hematoma or ischemic injury to capillaries from the oil not being pushed out of the injection area. The ischemic injury can rise to a nice hematoma and swelling as well.
    I'm a sex object. When I ask women for sex, they object.