Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming off cycle (mental aspect)

Default Coming off cycle (mental aspect)

How do you guys deal with the mental part of coming off of a cycle? I always immediatly, the next day even, think I'm getting smaller and weaker lol.

I crash pretty hard mentally also not so much gain wise but other issues
    37 yr old
    92kg
    202.5 pounds
    17%BF
    on cycle

bRO,

I just wanna stop training until i get on again . . .

Even though steroids are not addictive, your body gets used to their effects. You're stronger, you recover more quickly, your muscles are pumped, you're euphoric, you think that there is no weight too heavy for you to push. Then, at the end of the cycle, you start thinking .. and there come the problems. You don't lose that strength from one day to the other, you are still strong, you can still push heavy but in your mind, it's dfferent.

Let me share my experience with you. I ran a cycle months ago before my holiday in Louisiana: I wanted to look ripped and muscular, in a word, I wanted to be at my best. I trained hard, ate well, focused on every aspect of that cycle but didn't get the results that I had expected. I realized that maybe I didn't need the steroids and when I got back home after 3 weeks without training, I went back to the gym with a new motivation and ... guess what? After a couple of weeks, I was back where I left. I don't take anything and I'm still as strong as I was when on cycle. Nothing has changed.

I'm depressed but only b/c my life is a big mess, not b/c I need those chemicals in my body.

Hang in there, keep working out, you're still just as strong as before and you still look just as great as a few days ago. nothing will change the way you train, the way you look, as long as you keep hitting the iron!

While I have not experienced this yet, I can say that I am really focused on my goal. I know what I want to look like. I don't care how much I can lift really. I mean, it is cool to be pushing up more weight here and there but in the end, if I look the way I want then I can care less how much I can squat...I say that now of course.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood09 View Post
    How do you guys deal with the mental part of coming off of a cycle? I always immediatly, the next day even, think I'm getting smaller and weaker lol.
    A good pct helps.

you gottta eat better and train harder
    Me no take the Cookies, me Eat them. NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM, CookieMonster (CM) :]

I try to put the head down and train with even more intensity. I train my way out of the dip in mental vigour the same as when you just don't feel like training you just tell yourself "it will be better on the other side"

Also a good PCT and focussing on retaining the gains helps

Anytime you lose something you identify with, whether it's being big and strong, or your gf, or whatever... It's tough. Cuz you think that thing is who or what you are. It's like you die a little death in a way. All I can say is to realize that's there's more to life, and to who you are. The main thing to gain from training is discipline, and the challenge of doing your absolute best and pushing beyond your limits. Juice is a tool, but it's not the only one. It's not even really the main one. I consider my Death to be my wisest adviser and when i feel that my life is falling apart, I turn to my Death and ask if this is so. My Death has always answered, "No. Nothing matters outside my touch, and I haven't touched you yet." Helps me put things in their proper perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by StrappingYoungLad View Post
    Anytime you lose something you identify with, whether it's being big and strong, or your gf, or whatever... It's tough. Cuz you think that thing is who or what you are. It's like you die a little death in a way. All I can say is to realize that's there's more to life, and to who you are. The main thing to gain from training is discipline, and the challenge of doing your absolute best and pushing beyond your limits. Juice is a tool, but it's not the only one. It's not even really the main one. I consider my Death to be my wisest adviser and when i feel that my life is falling apart, I turn to my Death and ask if this is so. My Death has always answered, "No. Nothing matters outside my touch, and I haven't touched you yet." Helps me put things in their proper perspective.
    That's some high quality philosophy SYL. I did a thesis on the philosophy of death back in my college days and you just summarised it in one line.