Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I the strongest living person with Cystic Fibrosis? Talk to me..

Default Am I the strongest living person with Cystic Fibrosis? Talk to me..

I kinda want everyones input on this, the thought came to me the other day...

Backstory is I'm 23 have cystic fibrosis etc etc, bodybuilding is what I attribute every breath I take to, if I hadn't made the effort to stay in shape I think I would be either hospitalized or gone right now.

My question is, after some browsing on the internet, and bodybuilding forums, I honestly feel like I might be the strongest man living with Cystic Fibrosis... I don't know everyone that's out there but I do know there are very few of us battling CF, the few that I found online weren't really close to my stats.. I'm definitely NOT the strongest in my weight class, not even close, not the best at anything really, but I would love to give people living with Cystic Fibrosis hope and inspiration for dealing with this, anyway I guess my question is, should I try and pursue this?... Here are my stats, or what I know of, if you guys can help with my research that would be awesome, I'm going to email the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation over the holidays and see if I can get in touch with someone about maybe doing an article on me or something, who knows..

I'm 23, I weigh 165, I'm 5'11"

As of this week (new routine I'm trying this 5x5 stuff I kinda like it)

Bench: I did 225 for 3 reps after a few other sets, so I think a safe assumption would be I could max around 240.

Squat: Haven't squatted in about a week, nor tried to max, but I do recall getting 315 for 2.

Deadlift: Deadlifted yesterday, had 305 for 2 after doing a lot of other exercises as well...

I would be so ecstatic if I made something become of this..
    Ephesians 6:10
    ~Finally, be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of his might.~

Well, my son.... you've come a long way, yes. Strongest man with CF ..... quite possible.

A body building lifestyle, with the proper food and nutrients will keep you alive a lot longer than if you were sitting on a couch somewhere.

Keep after it, Opi... Your doing well....
    We don't always get what we want.......

But we eventually get what we deserve........

Ditto's to what Rat said. And as long as you do it naturally, you are all the better for it.
    I'm a sex object. When I ask women for sex, they object.

I honestly am a really humble person by both nature and what I believe in, but I always wanted to be able to reach out to people, maybe I can be an inspiration to a few if the foundation would do an article on me or, hell, even let me speak around the nation if it would happen.. I just think it would be awesome if this comes to fruition, and what better motivation this week at the gym Merry Christmas to you guys too!

All i can say is go for it mate!! Merry christmas and i hope it works out for you.

Heres the email i sent them

Hi, my name is :Opi:, I'm 23 years old, I live in Allentown PA. I am a Cystic Fibrosis patient. I may have, in the past, been in contact with someone in the local Northeast Chapter of the CFF, however I've decided to send this over to the general email address for the Foundation. I'm not exactly sure how to start this conversation so I'll dive right into it. My whole life I've struggled with the disease, and up until I was 18 my father worked at Bethlehem Steel and I was covered on his insurance. Sadly, the plant closed down, he lost his job and I lost insurance coverage. I have been back and forth with jobs and schooling and trying to make a living for myself the past few years, and currently don't have health insurance. That is not the reason I am emailing you. I have devoted any and all my spare time to researching nutrition, health, and weight lifting/fitness and I feel that because of my dedication to conquering this disease on my own accord and not allowing IT to run my life has attributed to my current state of well being.

I am 5'11" tall, I weight 160 pounds. The sole reason behind this email is more of an inquiry I feel.. Before I mention my inquiry I want whoever may read this to understand I am by no means a "proud" man, I have no ego. I do however believe in myself, and if there is any record currently or any information that you folks may know of in regards to weight lifting, and strength records for a living Cystic Fibrosis patient I would be ecstatic if you could forward me such information. However, if such a record, or story for that matter, has never been covered by the Foundation, it would be a dream come true to me to be able to hold such a milestone for the CFF. I am not a public speaker, I am no one special, I live in a relatively large town, and as of the present I manage an independently owned beer and soda distributor, with the hopes of one day owning the business. I do not know who will be on the receiving end of this email, or if I will even get a response, but I will get down to the point. In the world of weight lifting and body building there are many different exercises to judge strength, in the world of power lifting there are three main exercises; the bench press, the squat, and the deadlift. At 160 pounds my maximum bench press is 240 pounds, my maximum squat is 315 pounds, and my maximum deadlift is 315 pounds. Not record breaking in the world of power lifting by any means, however there is no one with Cystic Fibrosis (to my knowledge) that has ever competed. As I stated earlier I do not know if such a record exists in your database, or if this topic has even ever been covered. If it has never been covered I would love more than anything to speak with someone more about this, the possibilities in my mind are endless with such a beneficial story of inspiration to my fellow Cystic Fibrosis patients all over this nation, and this world. I appreciate your time, and any response I may get, I also welcome any phone calls or emails, my contact information is below. Happy Holidays!

Sincerely,

Opi good luck in getting a response and fitness endeavors. It would be nice to know who holds the title for strongest CF'er in the nation but you sir are at least ten steps of being ahead of game in being one of the fittest and muscular! Congratulations on the gains you've made up to this point.
    I've come across online at a few bodyspaces with ***************** that has featured a couple of gentlemen who have made tremendous progress despite being stricken with CF... maybe you could coordinate and promote a bodybuilding network/support with some of these members to help the younger less informed cf'ers.

Here are the sites I had referred to earlier.
    ***************** - Shaun McClare - Bodybuilding With Cystic Fibrosis - My Story.
    ***************** - aaronrogers75's BodySpace
    ***************** - awolsystems's BodySpace

Quote Originally Posted by CHIQUITITA View Post
    Opi good luck in getting a response and fitness endeavors. It would be nice to know who holds the title for strongest CF'er in the nation but you sir are at least ten steps of being ahead of game in being one of the fittest and muscular! Congratulations on the gains you've made up to this point.
    I've come across online at a few bodyspaces with ***************** that has featured a couple of gentlemen who have made tremendous progress despite being stricken with CF... maybe you could coordinate and promote a bodybuilding network/support with some of these members to help the younger less informed cf'ers.

Here are the sites I had referred to earlier.
    ***************** - Shaun McClare - Bodybuilding With Cystic Fibrosis - My Story.
    ***************** - aaronrogers75's BodySpace
    ***************** - awolsystems's BodySpace
    Thanks love! I came across Shauns page too in a search, he's made awesome progress as well I love reading his story, he looks great too! I'm registering on bb.com (dont worry it wont take me away from you guys haha youre my 2nd family here) and setting up an account. Offtopic but I like their one rep max calculator based on the reps and at what weight I enter, kinda neat. I hope the CFF gets back to me!

Great email, Opi. I had no idea you had CF. I wish you well my friend. Your lifts are impressive regardless of what condition you have, so thats something even more to be proud of!

Hopefully one day you can make this dream happen! Let us know how everything goes.

Quote Originally Posted by fcpcjc View Post
    Great email, Opi. I had no idea you had CF. I wish you well my friend. Your lifts are impressive regardless of what condition you have, so thats something even more to be proud of!

Hopefully one day you can make this dream happen! Let us know how everything goes.
    Thanks for the compliments man, I try to remain as humble as possible but I am proud of myself sometimes.. I'm also turning down offers to go on stuff all the time haha, anadrol/test/tren/whatever is around, im like no no no haha. i want to so bad but i want to see where this road leads me first