Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Thread: Finasteride for acne

Default Finasteride for acne

Has anyone used finasteride for acne before? I know it's meant for thinning hair and your prostate, but I've read it may help with DHT acne during or PCT.
    6'3
    28y/o
    11%

Hazcat Guest

In theory is sounds good but I doubt you'll see much difference.

Has anyone actually used it themselves? Also, is taking accutane during a cycle any worse than any other time?
    6'3
    28y/o
    11%

Hazcat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by biggTdogg View Post
    Has anyone actually used it themselves? Also, is taking accutane during a cycle any worse than any other time?
    If you're taking an oral steroid or winstrol oral or injectable it would be harder on the liver.....too much harder on the liver because accutane is very hard on the liver in itself.

Hazcat Guest

I read an article by Anthony Roberts on using like nizoral for acne while on cycle. His theory made some sense but it just doesn't work. That's what I base my advice on with finasteride. There's some real wild ideas people post up for acne but the bottom line is the flucuating hormones cause it and that's why acne is worse or just rears it's head during pct and after. On stronger cycles it shows during the cycle as well. Nothing will compete with it better than clean sheets or pillow case depending on the area every night and several showers a day. particularly before bed. Clean shirts several times a day if possible and an antibiotic. The B-5 treatment works for some and there's something else that's pretty effective for some. Cleanliness and an antibiotic are the gold standard. There are mild antibiotics that work for normal acne and should be used first and hopefully that's all. For those that the mild first line antibiotic doesn't work there's always accutane which is last resort. It can be a life saver for some people. It can make things worse for the first few weeks so don't get discouraged if you're using it and don't think it's working. Give it time and it will do it's job. Please don't just use accutane for small acne just because it's easy to order along with the rest of your gear from a sponsor. Make sure you need something as strong as accutane prior to using it.

I have just started acutane cycle 10mg a day (which is not a lot) does wonders for me I will run cycle soon while being on acutane . I don't have sever acne but some spots from time to time anoy me. I can say for sure accutane does wonders and I recomend it for everyone, all those side effects are well overstated, yes you get dry lips which isn't bad at all and dry skin which is definitely better that oily skin. I was on accutane 2 years ago and loved it.

...have to agree with haz though if you are running orals I would stay on extremely low doses or wouldn't use it at all.

second everything haz has said...in addition, you need to realise that finasteride will basically prevent all testesterone from converting into DHT on cycle which may inhibit your strength and size gains and which may also may you more susceptible to estrogen related side effects, such as Gyno and bloating, if you not using an AI. So by using finadsteride as a potential solution to a problem you may be opening yourself to several others...
    Adversity causes some people to break, and some people to break records - Henry Rollins

So, if your using an oral (Tbol) to jump start a cycle, how long after you finish the oral would it be okay to start the accutane?

I've used it before as a teenager, and it's looking like it might be necessary again. I can deal with the dry skin and chapped lips.

What's the lowest dose and shortest duration anyone has seen good results with?
    6'3
    28y/o
    11%

IM not certain but ive heard the guys say you have to run it like 2 weeks after the symptoms go away to prevent rebound, but should see results fairly quickly.

IMO, best drug for acne is accutane but it does have side effects.