Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TRT and prostate cancer

Default TRT and prostate cancer

So some of you may have seen my other thread about TRT, etc. I had stated that the Doc would not precribe TRT for me if prostate cancer runs in the family, as the test shots could increase the risk (it does run in my family - a few generations out). Well, I have been reading all over the place, and every article I read says this is a misconception. Any ideas? I also have about a million questions about TRT, cycling, HCG, sperm count, etc and how they all fit together that I can save for another time. I have had so many symptoms of low test for so long (except for the sexual ones which I think is odd - I am good to go in that area) like lethargy, mood swings, depression (attempted treatment with prozac, effexor that did not do much for me), and I just want to be normal! I never knew that low test could be the problem. Drs obviously didn't either 0 I assume due to my age (27), it is not real common.

Thanks guys

Well the doctor is being cautious as steroids can and do cause an enlarged prostate. There are several factors that would remove one from eligibility for TRT. Rather than simply relying on family history he should be testing your PSA levels. If they are normal, especially on the low side of normal then you should be fine. It is something he would need to monitor and should be doing anyway if he believes you are at risk.
    The statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The consumer comments and experiences relayed herein may not be typical. Your experience may vary.

Disclaimer: The advice I provide is based on experience and/or research and should not be considered professional medical advice. It is best to confirm any potential use of a drug or possible medical condition with a licensed doctor.

My other questions that are more straight forward (sorry, I should really talk to the doc more about a lot of these - maybe yall can assist on the AAS ones):

1.) if I get on TRT and get my levels to normal, could I do a cycle? how would I change it up to accomodate the TRT? proposed cycle below

week 1-4 Dbol, 40mg/day (dose 3 times/day - 15, 15, 10)
    week 1-12 Test C, 250mg x2 week (mon morning and thurs evening)
    week 4-12 HCG, 250iu x2 week
    week 1-14 Armidex, .25mg/eod
    week 15 Nolva, 20mg/day; Aromasin 10mg/eod
    week 16 Nolva, 20mg/day; Aromasin 10mg/e3d
    week 17 Nolva, 10mg/day; Aromasin 10mg/e3d
    week 18 Nolva, 10mg/day; Aromasin 10mg/e4d
    week 19 Nolva, 10mg/day; Aromasin 10mg/e5d
    week 20 Aromasin 10mg/e5d
    week 21 Aromasin 10mg/e5d
    week 22 Aromasin 10mg/e5d

2.) would hcg be necessary? pct? or would i just continue the trt after the cycle is over?

3.) what about trt and fertility? i assume to be a baby-maker again, i would discontinue trt or just incorporate hcg to get it goin again.

I have this gear staring me in the face and now i don't know how to use it or even if i can! The life of a bodybuilder with low natural test production is a confusing situation to me for sure!

Thanks Florida - that makes sense. Basically, we will keep an eye on the PSA levels throughout. He definitely said we would need to re-check levels regularly.

Well I am on TRT and do it in cycles that are back to back. I sometimes add in another compound and/or raise the test dose. Some doctors prescribe TRT with no breaks in between but they aren't concerned with future natural test production. I would suggest doing it like mine is prescribed and from time to time run a bigger dose or add another compound.
    This is an idea of how mine works.
    Wk 1-10 200mg test c split in two shots. At the end of the 10 weeks (couple days after last shot) start hcg at 1000iu ED for ten days. After the hcg is done start pct using nolvadex and clomid. Run nolva 20/20/10/10 and clomid 50/50/25/25. Start the process over again.
    What this does is allows a short break so your natural test doesn't get completely shut down. This is only for people on TRT and is a bad bad bad idea for someone who is just running cycles.
    The statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The consumer comments and experiences relayed herein may not be typical. Your experience may vary.

Disclaimer: The advice I provide is based on experience and/or research and should not be considered professional medical advice. It is best to confirm any potential use of a drug or possible medical condition with a licensed doctor.

To answer the fertility question, you could still produce sperm while on TRT but IMO the longer you are one the less you will produce. I strongly suggest storing a couple good batches at your local fertility clinic just in case if you are thinking you would want kids.

Excellent advice. Basically, keep the test levels up with trt, take a 10 day break (with hcg), run PCT for 4 weeks (nolva and clomid), then start the 'cycle' over.

During the cycle, after a while to see how I respond, I can consider upping the test or adding in an oral, etc for a boost. Would you change your PCT at all if you added something? Do you do this cycle on a constant basis?

Yes, I have already considered storing some of my 'swimmers' for the future.

Thanks a million

Last question (maybe ). I would assume an AI would be taken on an "as needed" basis in case gyno symptoms arise.

Yes, if you want kids and you're thinking about TRT, you should have your sperm frozen. I did, and encourage everyone to do so. Personally i'm only 27 and while i do not want kids now, one day i'm sure i will, so i decided to give em some sperm and let em freeze it so i could keep that option open. I like the type of TRT florida is talking about. Seems like his Doc really knows his or her thing. My Scenario is completely different. My doc has me on 200mg a week, basically for the rest of my life. He also told me there wasn't really a link between TRT and prostate troubles. He says, (and i too have read this) that it is actually rising progeterone/prolactin levels that causes prostate enlargement, and cancer. He id however say that if prostate cancer ran in my family he would rather try to get my natty levels up with the use of HCG, and Clomid. He does check my prostate(necessary evil) every 4-6 months. and so far he says everything "feels good" F_G how long you been on? I have been on replacement therapy for only a year and 4 months. He put me on the gel at first, and it only raised it by about 90 points, and was very inconvienent. He told me i had one of the lowest numbers he's ever seen. 89! not 189, yep just 89. Now thats terrible considering it should be anywhere from 300-1100. When he saw my number he asked if i was depressed and/or anxious. And yes i was, have battled with depression and anxiety for years. Since he has got my numbers up there, i have actually dropped the anti-depressants i was on. I feel like a different person now. I love it, completly changed my life. I am a recovering addict, and i can honsetly say my cravings for painkillers are minute compared to what they were before i was being treated for low T.
    I actually asked my doc if i could run cycles like FG has explained and he said he'd had more success running it straight like he has me on. I guess that's just difference in doc's. I personally like what FG is doing. Seems healthier that being "on" indefinantley. My Doc said many things can cause this condition, but in my case, i was in a severe car accident 8 years ago, my brain swelled almost to the point that it was gonna cause major irrevesible damage. He beleives that the "jarring" around of the pituatary gland, followed by the severe swelling, caused my pituatary to become damaged.

As for the AI goes, i expressed how worried i was of getting gyno last time i was in to see him. He felt up my nips(uncomfortable) and said nope, no need for that. I went on saying maybe we should look into a small dose, and he said why would i give you a drug for breast cancer, then went onto say "i think i know where you're going with this, and i don't like it" So needless to say, i changed my tone, and the subject.lol

But i have heard of some HRT clinics and even some endo's wirting arimadex. Then again i've heard of some HRT clinics dosing their patients really high on test, and running it in cycles, combining it with things like anavar. Even heard one guy say his doc had him on a cycle of deca! don't know if i bleive that, but i hear if you have the money, some of these"clinics" will write just about anything for ya.

It's late, sorry if i have rambled, just wanted to share my experience with TRT.

Quote Originally Posted by nikko View Post
    Excellent advice. Basically, keep the test levels up with trt, take a 10 day break (with hcg), run PCT for 4 weeks (nolva and clomid), then start the 'cycle' over.

During the cycle, after a while to see how I respond, I can consider upping the test or adding in an oral, etc for a boost. Would you change your PCT at all if you added something? Do you do this cycle on a constant basis?

Yes, I have already considered storing some of my 'swimmers' for the future.

Thanks a million
    I don't "cycle" much at this point, maybe once a year. The pct stays the same though no need to change it IMO. It is a good idea to run an AI during TRT at a low dose. I don't always do it but I will run adex when I'm cycling in another compound and from time to time I will run clomid during my TRT. Even with running the test for TRT my libido sometimes fades due probably as a result of increased estrogen. The adex or clomid help with that for me. You can take the AI if you feel the need.