Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much protein can I handle?

Default How much protein can I handle?

I need some guidance on my protein intake if I cycle (or even if I don't).How much protein can I digest in one sitting? (per meal). I see that a lot of guys here are trying to take in about 400 grams of protein daily.Evenly spread out through 6 meals that's about 70 grams.

Can the body actually digest and absorb this constant supply of protein? It seems like slamming down protein on top of undigested protein in a constant fashion. Is this making the protein less efficiently taken up in the body? And what happens with the protein that just can't be absorbed?

I see that some guys have the opinion that meat protein, compared to other sources, is better because it takes longer to break down and is longer acting,but how long is long acting? And if something is long acting,does it need more protein on top of it in 2 or 3 hours?
    Last edited by Sir Teabag; 11-04-2010 at 08:50 PM.

If your carb deprived the body will use it for fuel, it treats them the same for the most part, if you lack one it uses the other.

Contest diet all i eat is 20 oz of chicken a day and all the fibrous veggies i can handle + 2 tbl spoons MCT oil.
    SO.....

Eating an excess aint going to hurt your body (well perhaps your ass and your pocket book)
    You are asking some questions that not many people know the answer too.

I eat 8 ounces of chicken in every meal. 7 oz is about 60 grams, and i eat that 8 times a day. Give or take.
    My double shakes are 90 grams, thats twice a day. (about 600 a day)

As long as your not over what your body needs to maintain itself your ok.

Quite often when bulking I finish a meal, while cooking my next meal

If the body needs it, it will use it. If it dosent need it, for building muscles or fuel it will flush and or store it.

NOW>......

If your on steroids, your workouts are bigger, heavier and harder, your body needs more fuel, needs more protein to repair the damage you have done.

Steroids don't make you big, they are a mechanism to shuttle nutrients around the body, everything from ATP, to protein synthesis, to water.

Only excess carbs will be stored as fat correct? Excess protein is just flushed out?

Quote Originally Posted by darkrid3r View Post
    If your carb deprived the body will use it for fuel, it treats them the same for the most part, if you lack one it uses the other.

Contest diet all i eat is 20 oz of chicken a day and all the fibrous veggies i can handle + 2 tbl spoons MCT oil.
    SO.....

Eating an excess aint going to hurt your body (well perhaps your ass and your pocket book)
    You are asking some questions that not many people know the answer too.

I eat 8 ounces of chicken in every meal. 7 oz is about 60 grams, and i eat that 8 times a day. Give or take.
    My double shakes are 90 grams, thats twice a day. (about 600 a day)

As long as your not over what your body needs to maintain itself your ok.

Quite often when bulking I finish a meal, while cooking my next meal

If the body needs it, it will use it. If it dosent need it, for building muscles or fuel it will flush and or store it.

NOW>......

If your on steroids, your workouts are bigger, heavier and harder, your body needs more fuel, needs more protein to repair the damage you have done.

Steroids don't make you big, they are a mechanism to shuttle nutrients around the body, everything from ATP, to protein synthesis, to water.
    29 Years Old
    6'8"
    261 lbs
    9.78% BF (Parillo Caliper Method)
    ON Cycle Week 4 of 11
    Start Cycle Stats: 246 lbs & 8.67% BF

Quote Originally Posted by JabsDD View Post
    Only excess carbs will be stored as fat correct? Excess protein is just flushed out?
    I think so yes, and I have eaten protein only for 3-5 days in a row before, around 1800 calories a day. works out to 45 ish ounces of chicken

This reduces the body's glycogen and ATP, cause you to "look flat"
    Contest diet is about the same, but you get fibrous veggies, this helps flush out the protein and keep your regular, and gives you a TINY but of carbs. Usually 8-16 weeks depending on how much fat you have to loose.
    If you combined this with stupid cardio 1-3 hours a day you loose lots of body fat, and maintain as much lean mass as possible, cardio in this state should not go over 65% target heart rate in my experience....
    Last edited by darkrid3r; 11-04-2010 at 09:04 PM.

50-60 grams per sitting is about the most you can take without wasting. Try for 2-3 grams per lb of body weight ed.

Hazcat Guest

2 grams per lb of body weight is a good upper range goal. Protein is actually tough on the kidneys and I see literature that there are no documented cases of excess protein harming healthy kidneys but that doesn't mean there aren't any cases out there. Your body can convert excess protein into carbs through gluconeogenesis. In fact that takes energy so it's a good way to stay lean and get your carbs through the protein.

Hazcat Guest

Sir Teabag.....where do you guys come up with these names.....

Quote Originally Posted by hazcat View Post
    I like it!! One of the better ones...

Quote Originally Posted by hazcat View Post
    Sorry...is it a bit too formal?
    ( I descend from royalty)

lol... Sir Teabag wants to know how much protein he can get down... Most homosexual thread I have seen.