Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flat, decline, and incline bench number differences

Default Flat, decline, and incline bench number differences

Is there a drastic difference between your strength moving from one bench to another? I can't figure out why, but my decline bench max is a good 60lbs heavier than my flat bench. Anyone else? I can't incline shit as it puts too much strain on my shoulders. So, my incline max is probably 125-150lbs less than my flat bench is. (especially sad considering I saw a 175lb kid today on the incline repping 315).
    6'3"
    274lbs
    17% BF
    32yrs old

"You'r training your MIND more than your body dude. Get that self discipline Iron hard and the body simply must follow. The mind gives out BEFORE the body ever does." -Danno

I'm currently working out with 275 flat, 225 incline and 325 decline. I don't do much decline benching though and there's a big difference in the weight I can move too. Kinda sucks putting THESE numbers up, I was stronger 3 months ago
    5' 8"
    186lbs
    TRT of 125mg/wk

Quote Originally Posted by 2Rhodesians View Post
    I'm currently working out with 275 flat, 225 incline and 325 decline. I don't do much decline benching though and there's a big difference in the weight I can move too. Kinda sucks putting THESE numbers up, I was stronger 3 months ago
    Hey, I can barely move 225 on the incline... and I'm 80lbs heavier than you, lol. I love the decline bench. I work it everytime I do chest as I've heard it hits more parts of the pec than any other bench does. I do need to start doing more traditional inclines tho... I'm really weak at it.
    6'3"
    274lbs
    17% BF
    32yrs old

"You'r training your MIND more than your body dude. Get that self discipline Iron hard and the body simply must follow. The mind gives out BEFORE the body ever does." -Danno

Decline doesnt do a damn thing for me, so I dont do em. My Incline and flat is the same weight. My "incline" is about 4" above horizontal, thats where I found my "sweet spot" for upper chest growth is. I was doing the usual steep incline angles for years and years and my upper chest was always my weakest bp, however since adjusting the angle waaaaay down, my upper chest has really started to grow like a mofo!
    With regards to the weight that your pushing, dont lose sight of the fact that weight is just a means to an end, its not the end in and of itself, unless your a powerlifter. The end is, for most of us, increased growth rates and that comes by taking the muscle to complete and utter failure on both the positive AND negative part of the movement. You can just as easily grow muscle doing 100lb bench press as you can 500 lb bench......providint you take the muscle to complete failure each session
    I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, natural, wholesome things that money can buy

My ratio is similar to 2R's
    Im of to the gym now training chest in going to try out your technique Danno I got to get the separation happening on my upper!!
    I'd rather be riding my motorbike thinking about god than sitting in church thinking of my motorbike. Amen to that!

I never do incline or decline. Always flat or incline db's. Max bench is 520. Incline 315 and decline about 365. But I do decline and incline once evey blue moon. Flat press is where all the power is ime

Declines use more back arms.
    The information given is for entertainment purposes only. I do not use steroids nor condone their use. I am not a trained health professional and therefore any answer given is strictly an intellectual exercise, not advice on how to use steroids.
    Muscle Forged In Pain!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Juju View Post
    I never do incline or decline. Always flat or incline db's. Max bench is 520. Incline 315 and decline about 365. But I do decline and incline once evey blue moon. Flat press is where all the power is ime
    I really didn't start this thread to get into a jack off fest over bench numbers... but fuck dude. 520? How much do you weigh? The avatar doesn't look like a frame moving 520lbs. Thats a good amount a damn weight.

anyone else feel inadequate? lol... shit....
    6'3"
    274lbs
    17% BF
    32yrs old

520....you're a beast!
    Agree with Danno though. It's not about the weight as much as taking the muscel to complete failure and then hitting it from different angels.
    decline does use alot of front delt as well.
    For an old guy, I think I have pretty developed pecs and I do incline/decline more than flat, but I do alot of different movements and do them correctly.

I'm not trying to impress anyone. I just found for power flat press is it. I've always just done flat bench and that's what it got me. I don't have the huge rounded chest. Just huge. I just put the numbers to show that by just doing bench you can get great results. Buff is pushing 5+ easy now as well. All he ever does is regular bench like I do

I've cut down from 260-230 presently. Don't know if I could hit 520 again but I did hit 225 for 50 reps hehe. The loss in weight does effect how much I press. Probably cause of the lack of calories in my diet.

Back on subject tho. If you want big bench just do bench. I'll post a link to a Russian squat program. Just substitute it for bench. Good routine
    Last edited by Bad Juju; 11-11-2011 at 08:48 PM.