Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleep, not getting it

Default Sleep, not getting it

Hey, I am new to this site and this is my first post (i hope this doesn't give the wrong idea. I am in college and i train very hard, power-building (thats what i call it), and fight training' however i have alot of trouble getting sleep, i just can't trun off my brain i guess. I have used all the herbal stuff and melatonin, i have used sleeping pills (all kinds) they make me sleep well but they don't put me to sleep, and when i wake up in the AM i am groggy as shit. i have been taking pain killers lately, they make me tired and put me to sleep, i know it is not good to use them alot but i need sleep! I try and regulate them so i don't use them that much (plase don't think me a pharmy head)

i have used up all my pain killers i had from a surgury, now i am back to the problem with sleep. Can anyone help? any one with ideas or connections, please, i invite all responses.

thanks for putting up with me, i think i will like being a member of this site.
    peace

quote:
    [/quote]

Sone only see life and death, they are dead for they no dream.
    Some only see life and death, they are dead for they no have dream.

Not sure if you're referring to legal "herbal" options, but....the non-legal option can be helpful depending on quality. Just a thought.

Finn
    Finn

Default Sorry.....

Welcome to the family. I hope you like it here.

Finn
    Finn

I take it that you tried Ambien? How much sleep do you get a night? Do you give yourself at least two hours before bed to unwind and relax? Just trying to know more bro. Suffered with sleep problems my whole life, so let us know your nightime routine.

***Go Big or Go Home***
    ***Go Big or Go Home***

i have only used "legal" herbals supplements for bed. Like Valerain root or melatonin.
    The hard part for me is just falling asleep, i can usually stay asleep (although alot of time i have that sleep where it is like you just blink your eyes and it is morning). I usually relax and watch tv at night, then i go to bed at like 12 sometimes sooner, but i will not fall asleep till 3 or 4 and i wake up at 7:30.

I have tried Abien before and some other perscription sleep aids, but the problem is they do not make me tired. I have taken them and still haven't fallen asleep till the usual.

Default When you lay in bed

do you do alot of thinking or daydreaming? I used to have an overactive mind prior to falling asleep. It seemed that I would think of nearly everything that I needed to do, what I wanted to do, what I should do, etc..... My mind wondered constantly while I was trying to fall asleep and it would take me at least two hours to fall asleep. I turned my mind off at bedtime and that helped me tremendously. I had to force myself to just stop the thinking and empty my mind so I could fall asleep sooner.

*** 1972-2003...A beloved brother stands watch over us all. He will not be forgotten and we will stand with him again as guardians over others. We will spend eternity feasting on happiness and love that is perfect. All will be happy in the new age where God will be our center and is our strength. *** Spook
    I'm a sex object. When I ask women for sex, they object.

Gutts,
    I feel for you bro, I truly do. I know how agonizing the thought of trying to catch some sleep on what seems a torture rack instead of a bed.

I think at this point you really need to go see a Doc, and I know, you probably already have. Tell him you cannot fall asleep on OTC remedies or meds. Ask your Doc for some xanax as this helped me greatly. It appears now that you are in the mode of your mind having convinced your body that sleep will not happen until far in the night and morning. Taking a small dose of xanax, (short term use only), coupled with ambien may be the mental ticket you need to enable some semblance of sleep. The best way to take ambien is on a completely empty stomach. Don't eat 2-3 hours before taking, and I promise you this med will hit you hard and hopefully put you to sleep

Other recommendations. As Spook stated, turn your mind off, no exercise whatsoever two hours prior to bed time, do not drink caffeine past 6pm, do not do anything that's going to stimulate your mind and body, do not watch TV in your bed for this asociates the bed with wake time. Read if you're having trouble sleeping, warm glass of milk, and go to bed each night at the same time, try to wake up earlier than normal and make yourself tired. If your body is completely exhausted it should go to sleep, barring no other anomalies with your health.

I hope these help Gutts, and most of these recommendations helped me get over the hurdle, so to speak. Keep us posted!

***Go Big or Go Home***
    ***Go Big or Go Home***

Tarzana Guest

If you've tried Ambien, I'm assuming you've already been to a doctor about your problem, to no avail. At this point, I suggest you find a very experienced and competent hypnotherapist. (Should be easy to do on a college campus.) Also, be sure to read "The Promise of Sleep" by William Dement if you haven't already done so.

TARZANA

Macho is not a gender issue.

I have the problem of letting my mind ramble as I'm lay-n in bed. I have to concentrate on a "black wall" to clear my mind at times.

There are some foods that apparently are good for insomnia... Bananas, Figs, Dates, Yogurt.

Are you taking any naps through-out the day? How late do you sleep? What time are you try-n to go to bed?

*RIP Daddy... Forever your little girl*
    *RIP KILLA* You'll be greatly missed

Hey everyone, (you guys are making me feel really welcome, just wanted to say thanks for that).

About the sleep thing. I don't really take naps and i don't drink caffine (well tea but that is during the day). i have also tried the banana and milk trick before bed, all the pills and stuff just make me sleep really good however it is falling asleep that is the problem.

What are some of the ways that you turn off your brain's at night

(i do know how to meditate, and i can do some reiki)

thanks