Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Thread: ON creatine?

Default ON creatine?

Is it best to take this stuff before or after your workout or a scoop before and a scoop after? Also do you really need to take it on non workout days? I havent noticed anything from it yet...

depends if your 'stacking' it for mass, or just using it for extra oomph in workouts and help with recovery after. i use creatine ethyl ester heaped table spoon before, and like a tea spoon after with protein. i dont see much point in stacking the stuff for water weight. as you just end up peeing it all out after a while, and the affects become null. i use it primarily for a stamina boost in workouts, and to aid with recovery. i do not bother taking it on rest days. if your stacking it for weight. then spread the doses out through the day. split one of the doses into a before and after for workouts. and continue taking it on rest days.

On workout days, take it after. If it's just plain creatine {which is what I use}, add it to your post workout shake.

On non workout days I just take it in the morning, though the timing isn't critical there. Just make sure that you take it every day to keep your levels stable.

It usually takes two or three weeks before I notice anything from it. Just be patient.
    "You only have power over people so long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power - he's free again."
    -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

See? Everyone's different. Experiment a bit and see what works best for you personally.
    "You only have power over people so long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power - he's free again."
    -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

mine is the optimum nutrition creatine. Says to take two scoops before work out. I have been splitting it one before and one after on workout days because it has some quick carbs in it. Anybody know if ON creatine is any good?

In my experience, the regular creatine monohydrate works just fine. Some people prefer CEE (ethyl ester) while others go for creatine malate. Taking creatine with some kind of simple carb (e.g. dextrose, vitargo, etc) helps to increase your insulin levels and transport the creatine into your muscles.

Like Morskaya said, everyone's different. I take 5g with my meal about 1 hour before my workout and 5g mixed in GatorAde immediately post workout. I take 5g with breakfast on off days.

It sounds like your ON creatine already has the carbs in it. Find out how much you respond to and go with it.

I ran creatine two times and I had too many sides to keep taking it. Of course it was creatine monohydrate .. I had stomach cramps, bowel problems and as soon as I stopped my cycle, I lost most of the gains.

I used to put the creatine in apple juice and it didn't make any difference whether I was taking it pre- or post-workout.

try a Kre Alk....its in pill form much easier to dose...ive used regular creatine as well and never had strength gains like this

I could be wrong on this but I recall reading something ages ago about Creatine. Basically it is a cell volumizer. Meaning that it enlarges the red blood cells thus allowing each cell to hold more fluid. Hence people look larger when they have been on it for a little while. The idea in this case for taking it post workout is that it will help to transport the other supplements you take post workout (protein) throughout the body when your body is really craving more nutrients.

Honestly, I have never noticed much of a difference but have always taken it post workout. the one thing I have not done is the loading phase as it is just too expensive. your body will start to adjust in about a week or so anyway. I simply stick with the 5g/day post workout. I also do not do it while on a cycle of other "vitamins" if you will as it can lead to unwanted water retention/bloating.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard2Gain View Post
    I could be wrong on this but I recall reading something ages ago about Creatine. Basically it is a cell volumizer. Meaning that it enlarges the red blood cells thus allowing each cell to hold more fluid. Hence people look larger when they have been on it for a little while. The idea in this case for taking it post workout is that it will help to transport the other supplements you take post workout (protein) throughout the body when your body is really craving more nutrients.

Honestly, I have never noticed much of a difference but have always taken it post workout. the one thing I have not done is the loading phase as it is just too expensive. your body will start to adjust in about a week or so anyway. I simply stick with the 5g/day post workout. I also do not do it while on a cycle of other "vitamins" if you will as it can lead to unwanted water retention/bloating.
    thats what it does..supposed to aide in the absorption of vitamins and proteins