Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Thread: Cutting fat and gaining strength/muscle

Default Cutting fat and gaining strength/muscle

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if trying to cut body fat and gain strength/size is possible at the same time. Any type of info on diet or lifting methods to do this would really help

Muscle is 5x more metabolically active than any other tissue, therefore gaining muscle is the best way to increase your resting metabolic rate, that is, the calories you burn while doing nothing. So losing fat and gaining muscle go hand in hand.. It's not that easy but if you are planning to do it without Tren and GH and Clen and T3 I'd suggest you Google Dr. Mauro D'Pasquale's Anabolic Diet.

If you want to maintain muscle while dropping fat rather quickly you might want to check out my Carnivore Diet. It's pretty hardcore though. you have to be mentally tough. here's a link...

http://forums.isteroids.com/strappin...vore-diet.html
    Last edited by StrappingYoungLad; 12-21-2009 at 08:59 PM.

that diet seems legit there is only one thing i dont really understand.. all my time lifting i have been told that carbs and fat are what provides our body with fuel and if your under-nourish your body from carbs and fat , muscle will then be used as a fuel source, can u expand on that idea or whether or not it is true?

There are two metabolic pathways energy production can take. Carbs> glucose> glycogen> pyruvic acid> Krebs cycle. Or, fats> free fatty acids> ketones> Krebs cycle. One or the other, but never both simultaneously. Carbs are easier to break down and since the body is always interested in minimum energy expenditure as a survival mechanism, It will preferentially burn carbs.

The presence of insulin inhibits the L-Carnitine Chain which is necessary for the mobilization of free fatty acids for fuel. This is why aerobics are recommended on an empty stomach. Once the glycogen is used the body theoretically will burn fat for fuel. The problem is that most peoples' fat metabolism is "lazy", due to never being used and it's likely some muscle will be sacrificed as the protein is glycolized ( turned to glucose).

Once you are in ketosis and the body is well ensconced in fat metabolism mode, then the body will burn dietary fat as well as bodyfat stores. So even if you go all day without eating, so what? We are all carrying plenty of fuel, believe me. One pound of fat is like 3500 calories worth of fuel. But you have to be in fat metabolism mode to have access to it. Otherwise you are correct. The body will be forced to turn to muscle. This is the way the body is designed. When food is plentiful the body stores fat for later. Then Winter comes, snow is on the ground and you might kill some game once in awhile. Now you burn the stored bodyfat. That's what I used to not understand. Why does the body store fat but never use it? Because these days, "later" never comes! We have access to carbs 24/7/365.

You have to eat fat to stimulate the fat burning mechanism. You're telling the body, "Look, we have plenty of fat. Let's use that for fuel." Which it is well capable of doing. Under the proper circumstances.

Now there is no reason to burn muscle. Whereas most people are in carb burning mode so when they workout and their muscle glycogen is used up they will start using muscle to fuel their workout! And so then any muscle they build is used to replace what they already had. Both the Anabolic diet and the Carnivore diet manipulate endogenous hormone levels as well. They allow increased GH release,improved insulin sensitivity, and if you follow the recommendation of red meat, then increased testosterone production as well.

That's the basic idea.
    Last edited by StrappingYoungLad; 12-22-2009 at 12:30 AM.

Can someone tell me what is the best way to check your BMI?
    The real Way of a Warrior is the Art of Peace, the power of love ~ Morihei Ueshiba

there in your doctors office, it displays on a green and red color chart you just graph your weight and height. and cross your fingers to where they meet.

Quote Originally Posted by dedloc View Post
    Can someone tell me what is the best way to check your BMI?
    Body mass index is defined as the individual's body weight divided by the square of his or her height.

For a given height, BMI is proportional to weight. However, for a given weight, BMI is inversely proportional to the square of the height. So, if all body dimensions double, and weight scales naturally with the cube of the height, then BMI doubles instead of remaining the same. This results in taller people having a reported BMI that is uncharacteristically high compared to their actual body fat levels.

Though it does not actually measure the percentage of body fat
    , it is used to estimate a healthy body weight based on a person's height. Due to its ease of measurement and calculation, it is the most widely used diagnostic tool to identify weight problems within a population, usually whether individuals are underweight, overweight or obese. It was invented between 1830 and 1850 by the Belgian polymath Adolphe Quetelet during the course of developing "social physics"

I think it's useless personally. I could be 6' tall and weigh 200lbs @ 3% bodyfat or be the same height and weight @ 20% bodyfat. It tells you nothing useful IMO.

Well I guess I should rephrase my question! What is the best way to check MY actual BMI? Is there a special kit somewhere or is there a technique?
    Ive seen these caliper looking things but I don't know if that is the best way!
    The real Way of a Warrior is the Art of Peace, the power of love ~ Morihei Ueshiba

The most accurate method to estimate bodyfat percentage is underwater weighing. Skinfold calipers require readings in multiple sites by an experienced person to be reasonably accurate. Though for relative change, ie: if you are dieting and just want an idea of progress, a single reading taken by one's self on the abdomen about 2" above the hipbone is a helpful tool.

Default Thanks

Very good information