Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Thread: Carb before Workout

Default Carb before Workout

Does anyone know of a good Carb to eat before my cardio workouts. Over the weekend during my full Cardio day, I ran 8 miles and my sweat smelt like ammonia real bad. I did some research and found out I am using Amino Acids for energy because lack of carbs. I workout at 5-6:30am on weekdays and 7-8:30am on weekends. I found out that I need to eat a small carb food before workout. Was just wonder if anybody know of something I can eat.

My pre-workout drink is Jack3d and I take 1000mg of Taurine before and after workouts.
    Bench 285x5
    Squat 400x5
    Dead 450x5
    Leg Press 1000x8

Start Weight: 296 dn to 179
    Current Weight: 202
    Current Cycle: EQ, Test E, 20 weeks
    Previous Cycles: Test P-11 Weeks

have half a banana or apple. then the other half when you are done (with some protien of course).

also- unless you are hoping to hit ketosis i would not work out on an empty stomach at all, becuse all you will be burning is protien (mostly)

whole meal bread is good,with all natural penut butter.

Many people mistakenly believe that ammonia sweat means that their protein intake is not high enough. The body will only utilize protein for energy when it does not have a sufficient supply of fats and carbohydrates. Muscles can use glucose and fat for energy, but your brain requires glucose. Since there is no direct metabolic pathway from fat to glucose, your body will use amino acids instead. If your protein intake is high, there is a chance that the amino acids that supply energy will come from ingested food and not your hard-earned muscle tissue - but why take that chance?

Let's look at an oil lamp. If you fill that lamp with Citronella oil, it will have a distinct odor when you light it. To eliminate that odor, do you add more Citronella? No! That's just fanning the flames. You'd use a different type of oil instead. The same goes for the ammonia smell - this is just the smell of amino acids being "burned" in your body. You don't solve that by adding more amino acids. Instead, you need to supply the fuel that your body prefers - the fuel that can be easily broken down to glucose in order to supply energy to your muscles and your brain - carbohydrates!
    Bench 285x5
    Squat 400x5
    Dead 450x5
    Leg Press 1000x8

Start Weight: 296 dn to 179
    Current Weight: 202
    Current Cycle: EQ, Test E, 20 weeks
    Previous Cycles: Test P-11 Weeks

My question is how much carbs in day or week or month is needed for the brain to function properly? And if that hard to figure out how could one know that their using the carbs properly or just storing fat? And also what kind of carb would be best if you are on a Ketosis diet? Would you still be on a ketosis diet if your ingesting carbs to feed the brain? And I was under the impression that carbs for brains was for younger minds and that once a certain age is reached carbs are barely needed for proper brain function. Is this correct? Just curious. Im on Ketosis and have very few carbs per day. Like in salsa and whatnot but Im wondering if this awesome weightloss is sacrificing my smarts? I guess being all cock and muscle couldn't be that bad .... lol Peace out. Steve Nice post. Got me thinking.

If your on a low carb diet then you should be using fat/oil for energy, otherwise pre workout you need some low GI carbs like oatmeal or brown rice. Post workout you need some high GI carbs with protein, such as fruit, white rice, cornflakes etc. Whatever you have just make sure that there is no sugar, with the exception of the post workout meal. Post WO you need some sugars (high GI carbs) to get that insulin spike happening and drive the carbs and protein into the muscles.