Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ckd

Default Ckd

There are a few threads here talking about CKD, both for cutting and gaining. I have a few basic questions and didn't want to highjack another thread, so....

I'm on day 1 of SYL's 14 day CKD, trying to cut right now. I just switched my routine to higher reps/lower weight and will continue that through the 14 days. Also incorporating a shitload of cardio 30min/day of low intensity on non lifting days, 15-20min of HIIT on weight lifting days.

5'8"
    184lbs (83.6Kg)
    15.7% BF
    43 yrs old

1. Is there a recommended protein / fat split on CKD? I was on a 40/40/20 macro split prior to today

2. I eat a lot of plain greek yogurt which has ~9g sugar per serving, is this OK once per day on CKD?

3. How much carb should I eat post workout (if any) and should it be high GI?

Thanks for any input.
    53yrs old
    5' 8"
    185lbs / 14-15%bf
    TRT of 75mg/wk

I would say dont go above 60-70g of carbs and most of these should be taken postworkout mainly from a protien source.

As far as the split, i wouldnt worry too much about it, just eat tons of meat and eggs and you will end up around the 50/50 mark as far as calories goes .(remember protien only has 4 cals per gram, fat has 9cals per gram.) 300g protien and 150g fat is a good ratio

Thanks JoeHammer. I understand what you mean, but I should have asked what's the protein / fat split in terms of percent. Understand the 4 cal/g for carbs & protein, 9cal/g fat.

I'm probably going to target 300g P & 125g F to hit my target calorie intake of ~2400cal
    53yrs old
    5' 8"
    185lbs / 14-15%bf
    TRT of 75mg/wk

60% Fat, 40% Protein. So for 300g Protein, more like 200g fat. Forget about calories. None of that really means anything. Insulin makes you fat, not calories. That's just another bill of goods that people have been sold. No basis in scientific reality. If fat loss starts to slow after a while, you should increase cardio that's all. Starving is not the answer.

The only intentional carbs should be post workout. High GI. I wouldn't go more than 25g or so. Even meat has some carbs and they can creep up. I aim for "zero" except for post workout. Not possible but that's my mindset. People who say, "Well, I can have 40g, so I can have this and this and that." Those people fail every time, mark my words. It's just the wrong mental attitude, like you're being deprived or something. A couple servings of your yoghurt mixed with some whey, creatine and BCAA would be a good choice post workout. Good luck and congratulations on your decision!
    Last edited by StrappingYoungLad; 03-28-2011 at 09:52 PM.

i'd like to add from the cardio from 30minutes to 1hour, i see much better results,
    when i did 1hour of cardio a day, doesn't have to be intense.
    Light moderate walking, getting your HR above 130 would be great.

Thanks!

SYL,
    "I aim for "zero" except for post workout. Not possible but that's my mindset. People who say, "Well, I can have 40g, so I can have this and this and that." Those people fail every time, mark my words. It's just the wrong mental attitude, like you're being deprived or something."

I agree 100%, that's exactly why I'm trying this 14 day CKD. I can ALWAYS justify one extra piece of bread or ice cream or this or that because it's "just a little" more than I'm typically allowing myself. With this 14 day cycle, there's what I'm thinking of as a "zero tolerance", no chance to justify any of the foods that cause me problems, it's all or nothing and I think I can handle that and be more successful thinking about it in this way.

So the yogurt... no good as an afternoon snack with 9g sugar?

I've kept track of everything in a lot of detail over the last couple of days. Kind of surprised... today I actually had 42g carbs so far and I've been targeting zero. So far today I've eated a protein shake, 5 whole eggs, 2 pcs bacon, a 10oz burger (93% lean), salad, peanut butter, 40z chicken breast totaling 2200cal, 260g Protein, 42g Carb and 99g Fat. Still have afternoon snack, dinner and casein/fish oil before bed tonight.
    53yrs old
    5' 8"
    185lbs / 14-15%bf
    TRT of 75mg/wk

Quote Originally Posted by 2Rhodesians View Post
    Thanks!

SYL,
    "I aim for "zero" except for post workout. Not possible but that's my mindset. People who say, "Well, I can have 40g, so I can have this and this and that." Those people fail every time, mark my words. It's just the wrong mental attitude, like you're being deprived or something."

I agree 100%, that's exactly why I'm trying this 14 day CKD. I can ALWAYS justify one extra piece of bread or ice cream or this or that because it's "just a little" more than I'm typically allowing myself. With this 14 day cycle, there's what I'm thinking of as a "zero tolerance", no chance to justify any of the foods that cause me problems, it's all or nothing and I think I can handle that and be more successful thinking about it in this way.

I've kept track of everything in a lot of detail over the last couple of days. Kind of surprised... today I actually had 42g carbs so far and I've been targeting zero. So far today I've eated a protein shake, 5 whole eggs, 2 pcs bacon, a 10oz burger (93% lean), salad, peanut butter, 40z chicken breast totaling 2200cal, 260g Protein, 42g Carb and 99g Fat. Still have afternoon snack, dinner and casein/fish oil before bed tonight.
    its hard at first bro. thats why he says aim for zero because everthing has some in it. a little here and there and before you know it your at 40g. the first ten days were awful but now i dont even care about carbs anymore. im a machine and will eat shit on a stick if i think it will help me lose fat! but during carb ups there have been some donut incidents

Quote Originally Posted by 2Rhodesians View Post

That would be ok post workout. Don't forget, the carbs listed as fiber don't count, which I suspect some of yours might be, from your list.

Also, I've found that if I make day one, low carb instead of moderate, and end carb intake at noon on day 14 instead, it's much easier to get back into ketosis. I haven't changed the original post, just a personal alteration.

sweet! thanks for all of the advice, help and support guys.

FYI... I feel a little hazy in the head, but physically not too bad at all. Started yesterday per the 14 day plan, cut carbs out at noon. I do workout in the morning so my first real carb depletion took place this morning... 60min on the stairmill
    53yrs old
    5' 8"
    185lbs / 14-15%bf
    TRT of 75mg/wk

I actually started *intentionally taking a small amount of carbs prior to workout also. The carbs acted way better than any pre-workout ever has and I still pissed clean via keto sticks.