Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Thread: need help on fat intake

Default need help on fat intake

Hey guys, been on CKD for a couple of weeks now and I am digging it. I'm not completely disciplined like I need to be, bit I'm getting there.. now my question is what is the right amount of fat to intake and what is the best fat to intake? I'm 200 lbs with 15% bf, I try to go zero carbs but always end up around 20 g a day. But just wanted to see if I'm completely getting the most out of the ckd. I can't find the ketosis strips anywhere, but I live in Mississippi, we are the fattest state and have nothing as far as health and fitness paces beyond the normal stuff Walmart would carry so.......h ha I look forward to hearing yallls input.

Roughly 1g fat for every 2g protein is ideal.

Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), an omega-3 fatty acid, and linoleic acid (LA), an omega-6 fatty acid, are considered essential fatty acids because they cannot be synthesized by humans, therefore they must come from dietary sources. Typical Western diets tend to be much higher in omega-6 fatty acids than omega-3 fatty acids.

Food sources of LA (omega 6) include vegetable oils, such as safflower, and corn oil, nuts, seeds, and some vegetables. Most people get enough LA.

Good sources of ALA (omega 3) are flax seed oil/flax seed, walnuts and canola oil. Oily fish are the major dietary source of EPA and DHA. Herring, salmon, etc. So basically a Tbs/day of flax seed oil and fish oil, as well as including walnuts and salmon in the diet is how I handle that.

Approximately 10-15% saturated fat for hormone production is desireable, though cholesterol can be synthesisized in the liver so this isn't "essential'. But your liver has enough to do as it is, and beef is beneficial in other ways so include hamburger, steak, etc.

Other than making sure you include essential and saturated fats, the rest can come from whatever. Some will used along with bodyfat stores for energy.

I think keto diet and the anabolic diet are both pretty similar. I'm pretty sure that one of them is 60% calories from protein, 40% from fat. The other Is 50% calories from fat, 50% from protein.

Assuming you're using the CKD to cut, your protein intake should only be 1 gram of protein per lbs of lean body mass, and the rest of the calories (up to a calorie deficit, that is) should come from fat. It's not a high protein diet, it's a high fat diet. Fat should make up upwards of 60% of total calories. Most often those on the CKD are just trying not to lose muscle, so only the amount of protein needed to maintain muscle mass is consumed (1 g protein per lbs LBM).

On the keto strips, you can order them online easily and have them shipped to you in Mississippi, no matter how rural of an area you live. Any big drugstore chain has them, CVS and Walgreens... CVS sells them cheap, something like 15 dollars for 100 strips. I live in Thai1nd, and they don't have them here, but I ordered them online from Amazon, then had my brother in the States mail them to me.

On the fat issue, there are tons of tasty foods that are good sources of fat and low enough in carbs to be perfect for ketosis.

cheese, cottage cheese, creme cheese (obviously I love cheese), natural peanut butter, peanuts, eggs,

meats are a good source of fat, but when it comes to the CKD, you really want to know exactly how many calories you're getting, and it's hard to determine the exact grams of fat on a marbled-fat slice of pork. I usually just have chicken breasts and get my fat from other sources because it's easier to keep track of. For ease, you can have a tablespoon of grapeseed oil or sunflower seed oil. Ditto for olive oil, but it isn't so tasty on its own, and is also considerably more expensive than other oils. 13 g of fat per tablespoon of most oils.

If you're only eating 20 g of carbs, then you're doing well. That will get you into ketosis and keep you there, no problem. But as you recognized, you definitely have to be careful about carb intake, hidden carbs can sneak in, then you find out you're actually getting 40 g of carbs instead of 20 g like you thought. I had that problem before...
    Last edited by kamonohashi; 07-30-2011 at 03:29 PM.