Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Thread: H.I.T. Training

Diabolik Guest

Default H.I.T. Training

Ok, so I want to gain strength without a lot of fat gain. I was all set to start my new program, and then learned of this HIT training. 2 days a week doing weights, 2 days a week cardio. Definitely a different approach.

Here is the program I was going to do:

Exercise, Caloric intake (Protein/ Fat/ Carbs)

Day 1: Chest/abs, BMR * 1.3 (40/30/30)
    Day 2: Back/traps, BMR * 1.3 (40/30/30)
    Day 3: Shoulders, BMR * 1.3 (40/30/30)
    Day 4: Morning Cardio (30 - 45 mins), BMR * 0.8 (33/33/33)
    Day 5: Arms, BMR * 1.3 (40/30/30)
    Day 6: Legs, BMR * 1.3 (40/30/30)
    Day 7: Morning Cardio (30 - 45 mins), BMR * 0.8 (33/33/33)

Because of the breakup of the muscle groups, I usually only spend 45min to 1 hr in the gym anyway. And intensity is not an issue.

If I did do something like HIT, would I need to change my caloric intake from what I was planning? Can someone post a sample HIT program? I saw one on MuscleTalk:

Day 1
    Bench press or weighted dips 2x8
    Squats 1x20
    Bent over rows 2x8

Day 2
    Overhead press 2x8
    Deadlifts or straight leg deadlifts 1x15
    Chins 2x8

Let me know any thoughts on HIT training, if it works well, if you've tried it, and the program you used. I am really curious.

Thanks

-Diabolik

bigkraut Guest

Default This is an article I did on HIT. It sums up my views on it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As you begin to log more and more hours of gym time, you begin to notice that there
    are a ton of different training systems out there. One system (which you have
    undoubtedly encountered if you have any experience at all) is H.I.T. (High Intensity
    Training). H.I.T. (sometimes called Heavy Duty, Beyond Failure Training, etc.) is
    probably the most controversial of all training systems. Sometimes it seems that
    there are as many styles of H.I.T. as there are practioners of the system. However,
    whether you're a Hitter of the Mentzer, Jones, Yates, Smith, or whoever mold, you
    all share basically the same core beliefs. These are:

1. That training should be intense.

2. Training should be brief.

3. Training should be infrequent.

The main difference seems to be in how extreme you are with the interpretation of
    these principals. For instance, towards the end, Mike Mentzer would have had you in
    the gym so infrequently, that you would have saved money buying day passes to the
    gym as opposed to a regular membership.

Advocates of higher volume training believe that H.I.T. isn't a sufficient training
    system. They claim there is too little volume to do much good. H.I.T. advocates
    contend that high volume promotes an over-trained state. Especially in natural
    athletes. The volume advocates will claim that their physiques speak to the
    effectiveness of their system. Hitters will counter by saying that the physiques of
    the high volume guys speaks to the effectiveness of their drugs. Hitters like to use
    Dorian Yates as an example of the effectiveness of H.I.T. The volume people will
    counter that Yates wasn't a true hitter and that he was on drugs too. I say what
    constitutes too much or too little training depends on the recovery ability of the
    individual. Many think the extreme elements on both sides of the spectrum take
    things beyond the "middle" ground that would be ideal for the average person.

Who is right? Who is wrong? Hey, who the hell knows? But, I have my own take on the
    issue.

First, as many have heard me say, everything works, but, nothing works forever. This
    is why I change programs every 12 weeks or so. Do I use H.I.T.? Well, I guess that
    depends on how you define hit. By my definition, I employ a H.I.T. system every so
    often. Sometimes I throw H.I.T. techniques into my other training systems for a
    shock. How do I define H.I.T.? For me, this is H.I.T.:

I train intensly. Taking each work set past failure. I use forced reps, drop sets,
    and negatives pretty liberally.

I train briefly. Each session lasting 35 to 45 minutes.

I train infrequently. I always take at least 3, and sometimes, 4 days off each week.
    I often put a day off between each session and 2 days off back to back at the end of
    the training week.

Now, my way of going about H.I.T. is vastly different from many hitters. Especially
    where work load, duration and frequency is concerned. I prefer 2 work sets per
    exercise, whereas many hitters use just one. Alot of hitters never spend more than
    20 minutes on any one training sessions. Also, many hitters believe in training the
    whole body each session. I believe in splitting body parts up a bit. Generally, I
    train no more than 2 body parts per session. As for frequency, I know one hitter
    that trains where I do that trains only once every 10 days.

My personal view on H.I.T. is that it has it's uses. My belief is that the more
    extreme versions of H.I.T. should be avoided by most of us on the boards. I believe
    our goals cannot be achieved with one total body workout every 10 days. We have
    goals that are more lofty than those of the average person. I honestly believe that
    my version of H.I.T. is the "happy medium". You get muscle overload that triggers
    the adaptive response that we look to stimulate with our training. And you get the
    necessary recovery time required by the muscles to repair, rebuild and grow in
    response to the stimulation you provided them in the gym. Imo, more than a week of
    recovery time is unnecessary for most. I believe a muscle needs time to recover.
    But, they also need to be worked before they begin to atrophy. With my system, the
    body parts get split up, but each part is allowed a week to recover. By splitting
    the parts up, I can work each part a little more when I train it. In this way, I can
    be confident that the muscle is completely broke down. Then I leave it alone as I
    train other body parts throughout the week and let the previously trained part
    recover. Imo, a maximum of 3 hours a week in the gym will not impeed recovery of the
    muscles or the CNS.

As is the case with any other system, I don't think H.I.T. should be used year
    around. Variety is the spice of life. Plus, imo, the insane intensity of H.I.T.
    workouts can't be maintained year around without consquences.

I like to use H.I.T. when I've hit a rut in my other training. H.I.T. has helped me
    break through sticking points many times in the past. Who knows? I may have been
    over trained. If you're over training, H.I.T. can help set you right. Less is often
    more!

I think H.I.T. is more suited to bulking then cutting. I know I burn fewer calories
    training H.I.T. style.

A final word here. I think H.I.T. can be a good choice for advanced trainers.
    However, newer lifters need to work on mastering the basics. H.I.T. will best serve
    those who have the years of training necessary to have developed the mind/muscle
    connection. This is vitally important with H.I.T. You have to know how to really
    make the muscle work. You also have to know how to take that muscle to absolute
    failure and beyond. And, you have to be prepared for the rigors of this style of
    training. You only have a scant handful of sets to get the job done, so you have to
    really know your body and how to make it work to have success with H.I.T.

That's all for this piece. Here's reminding all of you to stay safe, be strong, and
    train smart!

Now, the above represents MY opinion. You'll find quite a few differing opinions on this subject. It's a controversial issue.

www.killdevill.com

"...the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the force".

Default ...

I'm workin up a new program for myself thats kind of a modified H.I.T., let me feel it out and I'll post what i'm doing, i like it so far, 2 days in..

I'm gonna run this and then the super squats type routien...
    Mega

www.killdevill.com

Future resident of the KillDevillHill retirment home community and power gym
    ~STK BLOODLINE~

~www.killdevill.com~

Diabolik Guest

Sounds good. Yeah, post your program, I am actually thinking of doing a modified HIT as well. I don't think that 2 days a week is up my alley, I am thinking 3 or 4 days a week is good.

Thanks

-Diabolik

yea mega i'm anticipating your posts too. i'm getting really pumped to add some more thickness this cycle so any advice you have ill take it.

btw, good post BK.

"go big or go home"
    "Only plants grow naturally"- vitor rage

BIG GP
    -RIP STK-

BIG GP

Default When do you start.....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by big gp:
    yea mega i'm anticipating your posts too. i'm getting really pumped to add some more thickness this cycle so any advice you have ill take it.

btw, good post BK.

"go big or go home"

BIG GP[/quote]
    Or have you?
    Mega

www.killdevill.com

~STK BLOODLINE~

~www.killdevill.com~

Default BTW...

only plants grow naturally.... I love that...lol.
    Mega

www.killdevill.com

~STK BLOODLINE~

~www.killdevill.com~