Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Thread: My experience test judging a BB show

Default My experience test judging a BB show

I've decided to start judging with NABBA US, and to get certified as a judge I need to acceptably test judge two shows (acceptable scoring according to the other judges). I test judged my first show this weekend - the NABBA Susquehanna Classic.

Judging was interesting; you really do mentally pick out last place (it’s usually pretty easy for that one), and maybe first and second place, the minute you see them onstage. Then, as they start posing, you start narrowing placement down. I’d make notes ranking them on leanness, symmetry, body parts that stood out, etc. And everything is determined at pre-judging; no scores get changed for the evening show. You give them their placement before they walk off the stage in the morning. Of course, Overalls are done in the evening, as well as Most Muscular, and Best Poser awards.

A couple of the classes were pretty hard; you’d have a guy who was really lean, then a guy with more muscle but not as lean; which do you choose? A couple times, I gave it to the more muscled guy, but I discovered the real judges pretty much always gave it to the leanest guy, unless their symmetry was totally off. Keep in mind, of the nine judges sitting at the table, seven of us were active competitors. We know how hard it is to get lean...

All in all, it was a good experience sitting at the other side of the table. Luckily, this was a fairly small show so I could spend taking detailed notes and taking time with my decisions. The next show I test judge will be much larger though; I'm judging the NABBA Junior Nationals in Philadelphia. This show usually gets pretty high quality competitors, so it should be another interesting experience.

It was also really nice to be able to talk to the other judges; debate the "should the leanner or the more muscled person win" issue, etc. One aspect of NABBA I really love is everyone is friendly and helpful; it's literally like one big family.
    JJ
    NSCA-CSCS
    [URL=http://www.eastcoastgold.org] East Coast Gold Weightlifting Club[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.nabba.com] NABBA USA[/URL]

Sounds like a whole other experience all in its own. But a less stressful one Wink Thanks for sharing JJFigure.
    Do you know the 2nd show you'll judge?

*Work It*
    *Work It*

Default nice...

JJ,

Although I hesitate to mention the name, Warlobo was in the judging business I think NPC or something in that realm. Do you plan to do this as a career maybe?

Mr.X

***Forever STK's Iron Brother***
    ~~~RIP STK 1972-2003~~~
    STK truly was God's greatest creation
    ***May you forever rest in peace***

The second show I'm judging is the Jr. Nationals in Philadelphia on August 23. It should be a great show!

Mr. X - I've really enjoyed competing with NABBA; the federation is like a big family that's made me feel very welcome. I believe by judging I can give a little back, hopefully help influence more women to start competing in BBing and Figure, and better myself as a competitor by sitting in the judge's shoes.

One of the aspects I really appreciate about NABBA is the majority of the judges are active competitors; they fully appreciate how hard it is to do the diet and build the mass, and they judge fairly because they've "walked the walk".
    JJ
    NSCA-CSCS
    [URL=http://www.eastcoastgold.org] East Coast Gold Weightlifting Club[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.nabba.com] NABBA USA[/URL]

quote:
    Originally posted by jjfigure:
    One of the aspects I really appreciate about NABBA is the majority of the judges are active competitors; they fully appreciate how hard it is to do the diet and build the mass, and they judge fairly because they've "walked the walk".[/quote]

See that's why I don't like NPC, most of the judges have no idea what it is to be up on that stage - I really do enjoy NABBA shows Wink

Mr.X

***Forever STK's Iron Brother***
    ~~~RIP STK 1972-2003~~~
    STK truly was God's greatest creation
    ***May you forever rest in peace***

That's impressive. Sounds like a good experience, thanks for sharing. You will have to keep us updated on how things go, and competitions that you could be at, if that is possible for you to do without breaking any rules or anything because I wouldn't want you to get into any sort of trouble.

barnes3

"Real Leaders are ordinary People with Extraordinary Determination"

"The Eyes Have It" -Some Drunk Irishman

"Real Leaders are ordinary People with Extraordinary Determination"
    "The Eyes Have It" -Some Drunk Irishman

quote:
    Originally posted by jjfigure:
    I believe by judging I can give a little back, hopefully help influence more women to start competing in BBing and Figure, and better myself as a competitor by sitting in the judge's shoes.
    [/quote]

Awesome JJ. Smile

*RIP KILLA* You'll be greatly missed