Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Something you REALLY need...

very good article indeed,
    our low salt is 66% potassium & 33% sodium is it ok to use that because there is nothing else i can take to increase my potassium intake ,because i dont take potatoes because they are high glymic index ,here we only have available slow K which you said arent that good.
    could it be thats why even if i eat perfectly good and workout and do cardio i always feel drained all day ,because thats how ive been feeling for a long time and its driving me crazy knowing that all i want is go to sleep .
    drin

Quote Originally Posted by StrappingYoungLad
    I have kept a running list of the best sources of potassium in food:

Beet greens, ****ped, cooked --1 cup 1300 mg
    Avocado --- 6 ounces 1080 mg
    Beans (legumes), cooked --- 1 cup 500 -1200 mg
    Potato, baked, with skin --- 6 ounces 710 mg
    Clams, cooked --- 3 ounces 535 mg
    Yogurt, plain, low-fat --- 1 cup 550 mg
    Fish, most varieties, cooked --- 4 ounces 350-700 mg
    Orange juice --- 1 cup 500 mg
    Banana --- 1 medium 470 mg
    As you can see,fish and avocados are good.As are beans.But potassium is very important for energy production,among other things,so whether you get it from food or supplementation ,just get it.

Thanks for the reply

but if one is on a low carb diet there arent many choices as i can see.

what about the low salt i told you about with 33% sodium & 66% potassium chloride ,i have read that sodium on a low carb diet isnt a bad thing ,its bad only on a high carb diet, do you know something about this??
    drin

Very interesting article. Thanks for posting it.

It got me curious about the amounts of potasium/sodium and their ratios in meat. Since my diet is mainly low carb/high fat/moderate protein.

Food (All in 1 oz sizes raw) - Sodium (mg)- Potassium(mg) - Ratio
    Trout (wild) - 8.78 - 136.28 - 1:15.52
    Trout (farmed) - 9.92 - 127.78 - 1:13.74
    Salmon (chinook) - 13.32 - 111.63 - 1:8.38
    Bison - 15.31 - 97.24 - 1:6.35
    Deer - 14.46 - 90.15 - 1:6.23
    Beef rib eye - 15.88 - 86.47 - 1:5.45
    Elk - 16.44 - 88.45 - 1:5.38
    Pork loin rib - 16.44 - 84.62 - 1:5.21
    Lamb - 12.76 - 44.51 - 1:3.5
    Chicken Breast - 3.38 - 11.94 - 1:3.5
    Chicken Leg - 4.99 - 12.50 - 1:2.51

Numbers taken from fitday.com website.

Potassium is difficult to get on a low carb diet and / or the way most people, in this country at least,eat "normally".Which is why I recommend the potassium chloride.It's only $10 for 5 lbs.Spook told me once that low sodium salt by Mortons was potassium chloride,but I'm not familiar with it.

SYL,

After reading this article I've been trying to eat more potassium and eat less sodium, but cutting the sodium has been extreemly difficult as it's already in most foods that I eat.

I entered what I ate into fiday for a couple of weeks and I was consuming 2000-3000 mg of sodium and 2250-3000 mg of potassium each day.

1) What is the max recommended for sodium intake? Is there a minumum needed for the body?
    2) Given that the ratio in the body should be 1:5 should I consume more potassium on those days where I consume more sodium? Or should I only limit the potassium to a certain amount?
    3) With regards to the Yanomami indians, what was their major sources of potassium? What was their intake of sodium?
    4) Is there a way to estimate the amount of sodium and potassium currently in my body?

Thanks,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mle_ii
    SYL,

After reading this article I've been trying to eat more potassium and eat less sodium, but cutting the sodium has been extreemly difficult as it's already in most foods that I eat.

I entered what I ate into fiday for a couple of weeks and I was consuming 2000-3000 mg of sodium and 2250-3000 mg of potassium each day.

1) What is the max recommended for sodium intake? Is there a minumum needed for the body?
    2) Given that the ratio in the body should be 1:5 should I consume more potassium on those days where I consume more sodium? Or should I only limit the potassium to a certain amount?
    3) With regards to the Yanomami indians, what was their major sources of potassium? What was their intake of sodium?
    4) Is there a way to estimate the amount of sodium and potassium currently in my body?

Thanks,
    Mike
    I would recommend up to a gram a day of sodium,but no more and less is fine.
    I take 3g of potassium chloride,2 or 3 times a day.The only sodium to speak of that I get on a regular basis is whatever's in my sunflower seeds.I would shoot for 4 or 5 g a day of potassium and keep sodium low.The Yanomami Indians' diet is rich in potassium,but other than barbequed frog I must confess ignorance as to the sources.Their sodium intake is virtually none.Your body is constantly depleting potassium and sodium through sweat and urine,though the potassium is the one you need to be concerned about.So unless you are replenishing it,there may be practically none..

coolgal Guest

I finally had a chance to read this and immediatly ordered a bucket of Potasium....

Great info thank you SYL!

Cutie

just for some quick info... if you click the link to the site selling the potassium chloride make SURE you change it from the crystal(the site it takes you to) to the fine granular!!!.... Lemme say I feel pretty STUPID!

-Moose

Quote Originally Posted by mrmoose
    just for some quick info... if you click the link to the site selling the potassium chloride make SURE you change it from the crystal(the site it takes you to) to the fine granular!!!.... Lemme say I feel pretty STUPID!

-Moose
    how do you switch it, it only listed crystal from what i saw, i want to order some ASAP.

Thank you for this thread syl, i feel its one of the most valuable threads i've ever read on a bb forum.