Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuna fish and poisoning

Default Tuna fish and poisoning

I noticed that a lot of body builders eat tuna fish as a protein source. I was wondering if people are concerned about the levels of poisons that are being reported in tuna? Is it really that big of a deal or are there ways of purging the body of these poisons?

Thanks,
    Mike

Do a liver/gallbladder flush.

I remember you said you have IBS. Doing a colon cleanse would be the first start. I would recomend doing it this way.

http://www.ghchealth.com/liver-and-g...der-flush.html

Quote Originally Posted by mle_ii
    I noticed that a lot of body builders eat tuna fish as a protein source. I was wondering if people are concerned about the levels of poisons that are being reported in tuna? Is it really that big of a deal or are there ways of purging the body of these poisons?

Thanks,
    Mike
    The problem with heavy metals is that they build up in the tissues of the entire body,not just the liver.This planet is becoming so toxic that you can hardly eat anything,anymore.Chipvideo's advice is good,but it's best to keep your self-poisoning to a minimum.Tuna doesn't even have a good amino acid profile.Tuna protein is good for building tunas,but not necessarily bodybuilders.The main reason is that it's relatively cheap,as proteins go.I would recommend ground turkey over tuna,as it is also relatively inexpensive.

SYL, yeah, I suppose I don't want to turn into a tuna. LOL So what would you consider keeping tuna to a minimum? None? Guess I should have asked before I made the Costco run. LOL

So beyond ground turkey and without price being an option (well within reason), what would be the best "real food" protein source for building muscles?

Finally, how in the world do people who are trying to limit their sodium intake find food? I looked at a lot of different food sources and companies sure do put a lot of sodium in them. I can't imagine how people who have to do it for health reasons can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by chipvideo
    Do a liver/gallbladder flush.

I remember you said you have IBS. Doing a colon cleanse would be the first start. I would recomend doing it this way.

http://www.ghchealth.com/liver-and-g...der-flush.html
    Thanks for the info. I plan on doing a liver/gall bladder flush sometime soon.

I've done a bunch of research on the colon cleanse, and it doesn't look like its really doing anything. That is to my limited medical knowlege. The liver/gall bladder flush at least looks like the real thing.

Also, since I just had a colonoscopy, my colon is pretty clear. LOL And I'm in the clear by the way, the dr saw absolotely nothing, but then I don't have the biopsy reports back. The good news. The bad news, is now I'm pretty much diagnosed with IBS and now have to figure out the best way to make it not affect my life as much as it does now.

Quote Originally Posted by mle_ii
    SYL, yeah, I suppose I don't want to turn into a tuna. LOL So what would you consider keeping tuna to a minimum? None? Guess I should have asked before I made the Costco run. LOL

So beyond ground turkey and without price being an option (well within reason), what would be the best "real food" protein source for building muscles?

Finally, how in the world do people who are trying to limit their sodium intake find food? I looked at a lot of different food sources and companies sure do put a lot of sodium in them. I can't imagine how people who have to do it for health reasons can do it.
    Red meat has a very desirable amino acid balance.The problem is that if you are not in ketosis,too much cholesterol will build up.Your body needs cholesterol for hormone production and will also burn it for fuel in the absence of glucose.So if you're eating carbs,go for the low-fat cuts.WHOLE eggs are also very good,and don't worry about the yolk as it contains lecithin,a fat emulsifyer.I believe you could eat 6 whole eggs 5 days a week with no worries.Milk protein is also good,but milk that's been homogenized is not healthy,IMO.So again,go for non-fat,as it won't contain this "homogenized "fat.If you've read my liver cleanse,you know there is very little in a conventional grocery store that I would eat.I don't care to have the state of being that the people I see shopping there seem to have.Foods that are laden with sodium and unpronounceable chemicals are not going into my body.Period.I don't do the things I do because I "have" to,for health reasons.By then it's too late.I enjoy the health I do because of what I do.I buy organic foods and rely mainly on my milk and egg protein blend,sweetened with acesulfame,not aspartame.On a side note,I believe that negative emotions such as worry,fear,jealousy and hatred poison the emotional body just as surely as chemicals poison the physical body,and I avoid these as well.

Quote Originally Posted by StrappingYoungLad
    Red meat has a very desirable amino acid balance.The problem is that if you are not in ketosis,too much cholesterol will build up.Your body needs cholesterol for hormone production and will also burn it for fuel in the absence of glucose.So if you're eating carbs,go for the low-fat cuts.
    Well lucky for me I eat low carb, and since I've done low carb I've never concerned myself with cholesterol. From what I've read thus far the studies don't seem to put cholesterol found in foods as bad for the body. But who knows.

WHOLE eggs are also very good,and don't worry about the yolk as it contains lecithin,a fat emulsifyer.I believe you could eat 6 whole eggs 5 days a week with no worries.
    I agree on the yoke, again nothing I've concerned myself with.

Milk protein is also good,but milk that's been homogenized is not healthy,IMO.So again,go for non-fat,as it won't contain this "homogenized "fat.
    I've stopped drinking milk. I do eat cheeses though.

If you've read my liver cleanse,you know there is very little in a conventional grocery store that I would eat.I don't care to have the state of being that the people I see shopping there seem to have.Foods that are laden with sodium and unpronounceable chemicals are not going into my body.Period.I don't do the things I do because I "have" to,for health reasons.By then it's too late.I enjoy the health I do because of what I do.I buy organic foods and rely mainly on my milk and egg protein blend,sweetened with acesulfame,not aspartame.
    Good points, I guess I'm too lazy. At least I'm aware of the sodium issue now and try to find sources of food that don't contain as many chemicals. There are some local stores here that carry more organic and natural foods, I'll have to check them out. I was more just curious, as I imagine those with hypertension or other heart problems find it very difficult to eat healthy with so many products poisoning us.

On a side note,I believe that negative emotions such as worry,fear,jealousy and hatred poison the emotional body just as surely as chemicals poison the physical body,and I avoid these as well.
    Heh! This is my problem I think. Most of the time I'm a pretty easy going guy. But get me in a situation I find stressfull and watch out. I'm leaning more and more towards this being the source of my IBS issues. I need to figure out better ways of handling stress, feer and worry. I thought that lifting weights would help a lot, it has helped, but not to the point that I was hoping it would.

Hmmm... guess I better stop rambling. LOL

Thanks again SYL. Oh and thanks for the shoulder training post.

Do you take digestive enzymes with every meal. I think this could also help your IBS. When your food doesn't digest it causes diahrea and comes out fast. Many people who have IBS can cure it with simple things. I do agree though that stress can make it much worse as well. You need to relax and just eat healthy and take your enzymes.

No, I don't take digestive enzymes. What are they? Is that the probiotics thing I've heard of or is this something else. Why is it that my body would need these digestive enzymes, shouldn't my body handle this on its own?

Also, my IBS isn't diahrea since I've been low carbing. It's mainly been a feeling of anxiety along with an urgent feeling of having to go, and when I do go feeling like I haven't gone enough and need to go more, or even having to go many more times a day than normal. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does happen it's pretty damn inconvienient. Boy what a lovely topic. LOL

SYL, Forgot to ask does cooking the egg make it any less of a protein source? Like say hard boiling it?