Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Thyroid Info... desperately

Default Need Thyroid Info... desperately

Okay, here's the situation. I f**ing hate Dr.'s right now. It seems like they just want to prescribe one pill after another. Timeline goes as follows:

Age 19-26 - used Hydroxycut, and drank energy drinks off and on for 7 years. Never took the recommended/full dose. Age 23-24 threw up almost everything I ate and used Ipecac frequently to help w/ purging. Took 2 week cycle of clen at age 24 and then O.D.ed on 28 clen and spent several days in ICU. Didn't take anything for a while.

Age 26 - got knocked up, had baby at 27

Age 27 - resumed diet and exercise but was inconsistant and severly depressed. Dr. recommended anti-depressants...would not test my thyroid, said I was too young and that wasn't the prob. Took a cycle of T3. Seemed to help, lost 15 lbs and resumed regular exercise.

Age 28 - still unhappy w/ weight went to a "diet dr." who prescribed phentermine and tested my thyroid. My T3 level was the lowest possible # in the normal range. He gave me Arimour (sp?) Thyroid (natural T3) to take for two months. Started getting heart palpatations two months later, but not at all in the beggining. Chest pains, shortness of breath etc.. Lessened my dose of T3 to one 1/2 grain tab per day and then to none. Saw a Dr. a week later for heart symptoms, fatigue etc. Tested thyroid, it's in the normal range after not taking ANYTHING for 4 days. She still wants to put me on Levoxyl (synthetic T4) and re-test my blood in 1 month. She says it will be something that I have to take for the rest of my life.

If my thyroid tested "normal" after not being on anything for 4 days, is it still necessary for me to take this synthetic T4? What do you guys think? Should I NOT take the Levoxyl and see if my thyroid levels are normal in a month?

Sorry this is soooo lengthy, I knew I could count on you guys to know your shit and give me a straight answer.
    Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body

You should have not been on thyroid medication to begin with, most thyroid problem stem from improper nutritional intake - even potassium intake problems can cause thyroid issues.

right now, I suggest you finish out the treatment and get off thyroid medication forever....

My thyroid levels come in at the very low end of "normal" but I also have PCOS which seems to be the predominant problem. Have you looked into other factors aside from your thyroid? Metabolic Syndrome X is something that comes to mind if you reproductive system isn't failing you.

Try googling Metabolic Syndrome, Syndrome X, and PCOS and see if any of of those seem to fit you. These call all give symptoms of depression and many doctors will prescribe anti-d's which tend to make the weight problems worse.

Val, I know you're unhappy with your weight but just outta curiosity, what is it now and what is your appx. bf%? Have you been truly consistent with your diet and exercise for months at a time?

I was considering some thyroid medication therapy for myself but have decided not to go with it, instead I'm now on progesterone and glucophage with hopes of correcting the hormonal imballances and insulin resistance I have from PCOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.X
    You should have not been on thyroid medication to begin with, most thyroid problem stem from improper nutritional intake
    Thank you Captain Obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddles
    Val, I know you're unhappy with your weight but just outta curiosity, what is it now and what is your appx. bf%? Have you been truly consistent with your diet and exercise for months at a time?
    At the moment, I'm 128lbs and 22%bf at 5'2". I'm still pretty "soft" and would like to be at about 17%. My diet & exercise have been completely erratic over the past yr. We've had 8 deaths in our collective families and have done an unGodly amount of traveling. I'm sure the stress has helped in taking a toll on my body. I've been working for a month and a half and am just now starting to get a somewhat consistant schedule. I had an echocardiogram and a 24hour holtor monitor test done this week b/c of the heart palpatations, chest pains and numbness in my arms and legs. Hopefully that will answer some questions for me.

Thank you for the suggestions. I will DEFINITLEY look up the metabolic disorders you suggested.

Have any of you heard of your melatonin production/absorbtion being disrupted at night due to too much light or flickering light in your bedroom?

The heart palpitations are associated with thyroid trouble and I get those too. Honey, I wouldn't even know where to begin on the thyroid because there are so many factors that can influence it. In all honesty, I would request seeing an endocrinologist if you can do so, especially one that really knows his stuff on the thyroid. I wish I could help you but with the thyroid, I would only recommend medical help (preferably from an endocrinologist). Sweetie, get with an endocrinologist and I hope and pray you start feeling better very soon.

Have you had any changes in your period after the pregnancy?

Go to www.emedicine.com and sign up for a free membership. You can search articles which are much better than what you will find on webMD.
    I'm a sex object. When I ask women for sex, they object.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook
    The heart palpitations are associated with thyroid trouble and I get those too. Honey, I wouldn't even know where to begin on the thyroid because there are so many factors that can influence it. In all honesty, I would request seeing an endocrinologist if you can do so, especially one that really knows his stuff on the thyroid. I wish I could help you but with the thyroid, I would only recommend medical help (preferably from an endocrinologist). Sweetie, get with an endocrinologist and I hope and pray you start feeling better very soon.

I fully concur.
    [font=Kristen ITC][color=red][SIZE=4]Never Underestimate the ULTIMATE ANABOLIC. . . Prayers![/COLO

I know nothing about this except that my dog takes throid meds and it makes her pee a lot.

With the stress you've been experiencing your cortisol levels may also be fairly high. You need to find a good endo. to run some thorough tests.

Hoping things get better for you soon but these things never seem to resolve quickly so try to remain patient as tests are done. Hugggs to ya.

VAL -- how ya feeling? You going to the doc? Keep us posted Hon.
    [font=Kristen ITC][color=red][SIZE=4]Never Underestimate the ULTIMATE ANABOLIC. . . Prayers![/COLO