Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timing supplement intake

Default Timing supplement intake

I'm curious to see if taking CLA will affect the bodies ability to absorb omega 3's if taken at the same time?

Additionally, if I were to take Creatine Ethyl Ester, CLA, ECA stack, Green Tea Extract, MM/MV, Chromium Picolinate, CoQ10, L-Carnitine and flax oil, what would a weight training and non-weight training day look like in terms of supplementation? (There is one rest day with a refeed, but 3 non-training days out of the week include more intense cardio with ab workout and stretching.)
    "Everything should be made a simple as possible, but no simpler." - Albert Einstein

I got a quesiton for you, where is your potassium intake? have you seen SYL's article?

I think you mean green tea extract. CLA will interfere with absorbtion of EFA's if taken at the same time. CLA does little or nothing in the way of fat loss and some studies show that cla has a negative impact on HDL's. Waste of money imo.

Here is an interesting recent article: The results appear in the current issue of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.

Supplement CLA May Not Help Dieters Lose Weight and Keep It Off
    By Jennifer Warner
    WebMD Medical News
    Reviewed By Louise Chang, MD

March 10, 2006 -- The supplement CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) may not live up to its claims in helping dieters lose weight or burn fat, according to new study.

Researchers found that obese people who took the supplement for one year did not lose any more weight than those who took a placebo.

In addition, the study showed taking CLA did not prevent weight or fat regain after weight loss.

The results appear in the current issue of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.

CLA May Not Speed Weight Loss

Researchers say CLA is often sold as a dietary supplement to promote weight and fat loss. However, previous studies have not clearly determined its ability for weight loss or decrease in body fat.

In this study, researchers examined the effects of one year of supplementation with CLA on body weight and body fat regain in a group of 101 obese men and women who lost more than 8% of their body weight through a calorie-restriction diet. Half of the participants took 3.4 grams per day of CLA and the other half took a placebo.

The results showed that there were no significant differences in body weight or body fat regain between the two groups. Both groups gained an average of about 9 pounds in body weight and more than 4 pounds in body fat during the study.

No significant side effects were associated with CLA supplementation, but those who took the supplement had an increased number of white blood cells. Elevated white blood cells may mean increased inflammation, but the researchers write that "the clinical relevance of this finding is still unclear."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. X
    I got a quesiton for you, where is your potassium intake? have you seen SYL's article?
    I have KCL on the way. It should be here on Saturday or Sunday then I will begin taking it. I believe he said 3g 2-3x day... is this correct? Also, does KCL impact training effectiveness that greatly? I know it was good, but it seems like this stuff is the missing link.

Quote Originally Posted by liftsiron
    I think you mean green tea extract. CLA will interfere with absorbtion of EFA's if taken at the same time. CLA does little or nothing in the way of fat loss and some studies show that cla has a negative impact on HDL's. Waste of money imo.
    Yeah, green tea is right. Oops - will edit thread. Tnx. About CLA, I've heard both sides of the story. I'm gonna try it out considering I can get about a months worth for about $12.00 - it's worth a shot.

Considering Potassium will also be in the mix in a couple days, what should the supplement timing look like if I am eating 6 meals/day, waking up about 7am and training about 7pm. Thanks.
    "Everything should be made a simple as possible, but no simpler." - Albert Einstein

Random sidenote - where is SYL? Haven't seen that guy in a minute... is he ok?

I like GT in the morning and brfore training cla should be taken a short time before meals the other things can just be worked in. BTW fish oils are much more effective than flax oil.

Stuff like this (supplement timing) gets so overly complicated to me to the point where I try not to take too many supplements anymore. I shoot for proetein/carbs in the morning, switching to more protein/fat at night. I used to supplement fiber in the evening too, until I read in interferes in the absorbiton of EFA's.

I'm more specifically looking at the differences between my weight training days and non-weight (cardio/abs/stretching) days? Should creatine/bcaas/post-workout shakes still be taken on these non-weight days? If so... is there a change in the dosage or timing? I would assume the CLA/ECA/CoQ10/Chromium/MMMV/etc would stay the same. Thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by Yo Daddy
    Should creatine/bcaas/post-workout shakes still be taken on these non-weight days?
    Here's what my routine is. I don't use creatine, but I'll pretend I do. CEE to be specific. And I'll assume you're taking 3 servings of creatine per day.

Workout days:
    AM with breakfast:
    5g of BCAA
    creatine

30min before training:
    10g BCAA
    20g whey
    creatine

PWO:
    10g of BCAA
    creatine
    60g of whey

Bedtime:
    5g BCAA
    creatine

Non workout days I use 3, 5g servings of BCAA (and your creatine). I like to take supplements before training so they are in my system to fuel my through my workout. I would probably double my 5g doses, but I need to stretch my budget as much as possible right now. Obviously, on non training days you don't need a post workout shake, but using BCAA's post cardio couldn't hurt. I know guys that mix gatorade or dextrose drinks with BCAA and sip them during their workout, but I've never tried it.