Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Thread: Sodium intake

Default Sodium intake

O.k.... I've had someone strategically help plan my menu and I'm starting on a totally different carb cycle. Used to do 4 low days then a refeed and now I'm switching to doing 2 low/1 high. Sweet Jesus... let the insanity begin! :argh One of the things I'm now going to have to do is increase my sodium intake with 4 of my 7 meals and was sorta just wondering what the reasoning may be behind this. I never had to do this before in my carb cycles... so it has me guessing. Anyone have an idea? Btw... I cant wait till the morning to ask the person who structured my plan. Patience is not one of my best virtrues. Any input would be appreciated.

Is this a contest prep diet? If so, they could have you doing sodium loading. That way when you stop adding sodium to your diet, it will help you lose water. They may have you start taking potassium at that time to help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Onerepmaximum
    Is this a contest prep diet?
    Yes, I'm starting all over again. My first attempt to do it failed miserably. Your explanation makes sense. Thank-you.

So is the sodium loading in effect mostly used for diuretic purposes? I've heard of sodium depletion happening in the weeks closer to a the actual contest. How would sodium loading help someone who is say 16weeks out and just beginning prep?

Quote Originally Posted by Onerepmaximum
    The sodium loading phase makes the sodium depletion phase more effective.
    This is a simple enough explanation. Thank-you.

What is a typical time frame for running the loading phase prior to doing the depletion phase?

Well, in my experience, it hasn't been necessary to start depleting more than 3 days out from the show. The loading phase to me just meant adding sodium where I wouldn't normally. Or at least not limiting it. I'm not a salt user, so I do have to add it intentionally. The trick is to make your body not miss sodium, then cut it off altogether. That way your body will feel no reason to retain it. I liken it to driving in your car full speed then slamming on the brakes. The stuff you want to get rid of will still be going forward and you will have stopped. Ok, I'm gonna stop not making sense now. I hope this mumbo jumbo helped a little.

It makes better sense now. Thanks for the analogy.

Sodium loading is used by bodybuilders to manipulate electrolyte levels which in turn reduces subcutaneous fluids and increases muscle fluid uptake giving the overall appearance of a fuller, harder more ripped physique. Adding potassium during the loading phase actually helps push out the excess water your holding at that point.

Sodium depletion for me starts 3 days before competition,This simply involves dramatically decreasing your sodium intake to less than 500mg per day. This will cause your muscles to hold more water.