Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Thread: Calorie Surplus to GAIN!!!

Default Calorie Surplus to GAIN!!!

I'm running my first cycle, but need to write diet. I'm currently 218lbs, around 16-18% bodyfat. I currently consume around 3800-4500 cals/day. I'm looking to gain as much mass as possible without increase in bodyfat. My macronutrient breakdown is looking to be 40/40/20. Now what I'm inquiring about is now being on cycle should I consume as much as possible within reason (around 7000-8000)??? Or should I start around (4500-5000) and play with that? I need to learn my own body and how it reacts to such a surplus, but I'm just wonderin how I would benefit most while on cycle.

While on cycle I will be running 500mg/week test blend, and 300mg/week deca, along with a-dex, and nolva pct.

Quote Originally Posted by SoooRaging View Post
    I'm running my first cycle, but need to write diet. I'm currently 218lbs, around 16-18% bodyfat. I currently consume around 3800-4500 cals/day. I'm looking to gain as much mass as possible without increase in bodyfat. My macronutrient breakdown is looking to be 40/40/20. Now what I'm inquiring about is now being on cycle should I consume as much as possible within reason (around 7000-8000)??? Or should I start around (4500-5000) and play with that? I need to learn my own body and how it reacts to such a surplus, but I'm just wonderin how I would benefit most while on cycle.

While on cycle I will be running 500mg/week test blend, and 300mg/week deca, along with a-dex, and nolva pct.
    I don't know mate, if you are consuming 3800-4500 cals/day and you are carrying that much bf, either your macro nutrient breakdown and timing is off or you aren't doing any cardio. Unless you are going for wrestling or heavyweight powerlifting, I'd personally diet and do cardio for 6-8 weeks b4 going on cycle.

7-8k cals per day is wayyyyy too much for someone with your bodytype (an endomorph assumption from the bf to height ratio). Your body can only add so much muscle even on cycle and as long as it has the required nutrients it will do it. Anything extra past protein requirements and glycogen storage will just make you fat. Ex: if your protein and energy expenditure requirements are met, you will make no greater MUSCLE gains on 4k or 7k per day. You will just store or waste the extra calories.

Unless you are doing large amounts of cardio, in simple terms, I would take your bodyweight * 15 and add 500-700 cals for a cleaner bulk which would put you around 3800-4k/day. Start from there and work your way up. Your caloric breakdown 40 40 20 seems ok for your bodytype as well. If you want to maintain your current bf% for sport reason or some other reason then you'll obviously have to eat more.

-VO
    Height: 5'9
    Weight: 225
    BF%:12-15%

Well my original plan was to eat a certain number of calories per pound bodyweight a day with my 40/40/20 write up, but depending on the type of workout day, I would modify my numbers. On off day I plan on dropping to 16 calories per pound.

Now I'm planning on hitting the gym twice a day. My split would look as follows. Followed by calorie intake.

1 Chest, Quads 20 cals/lb
    2 Back, Cardio 18 cals/lb
    3 Off 16 cals/lb
    4 Shoulders, Hams 20 cals/lb
    5 Arms, Cardio 18 cals/lb
    6 Off 16 cals/lb
    7 Repeat (Chest, Quads)
    *Cardio is 45 minutes uphill walking. (2.7-2.8mph, full incline

Around diet time I would cut my calorie count by 1 calorie/lb every other week, with of course a change of workout and increase in cardio...

BUT Vienna Oak, would you still recommend I drop bodyfat NOW, instead of waiting till end of cycle? Would this benefit me health wise? Or is this just personal preference? I appreciate your input!

Quote Originally Posted by SoooRaging View Post
    Well my original plan was to eat a certain number of calories per pound bodyweight a day with my 40/40/20 write up, but depending on the type of workout day, I would modify my numbers. On off day I plan on dropping to 16 calories per pound.

Now I'm planning on hitting the gym twice a day. My split would look as follows. Followed by calorie intake.

1 Chest, Quads 20 cals/lb
    2 Back, Cardio 18 cals/lb
    3 Off 16 cals/lb
    4 Shoulders, Hams 20 cals/lb
    5 Arms, Cardio 18 cals/lb
    6 Off 16 cals/lb
    7 Repeat (Chest, Quads)
    *Cardio is 45 minutes uphill walking. (2.7-2.8mph, full incline

Around diet time I would cut my calorie count by 1 calorie/lb every other week, with of course a change of workout and increase in cardio...

BUT Vienna Oak, would you still recommend I drop bodyfat NOW, instead of waiting till end of cycle? Would this benefit me health wise? Or is this just personal preference? I appreciate your input!
    I personally don't have a problem with people of your bf level cycling. The consensus on the board seems to be under 15% b4 cycling bc if you are carrying more fat, you have a chance of getting more estrogenic sides through the Aromatase Enzyme. It's been my experience that most people underestimate their bf% anyways.

I just think you'll look better if you diet now and then cycle eating a more moderate amount of calories. In the end, you should be able to reach your goals either way, but I'd personally want to look better now and during cycle than later.

-VO
    Height: 5'9
    Weight: 225
    BF%:12-15%