Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Thread: Clueless - need help with weight loss

Default Clueless - need help with weight loss

Hi everyone,

I would like to get more toned and shed some body fat. Unfortunately, I don't know where to begin. I have adjusted my diet slightly, but have a feeling I am not doing it quite right. Also, as far as working out goes, I haven't ever really frequented the gym. I rode and worked with horses for about 15 years but sadly, had to sell my horse this past winter and that was my main form of exercise. I joined LA Fitness and am raring to go...but how should I start? I have been mainly doing cardio, but I know I need to have some kind of lifting in my workout for it to be effective. My cardio is 25 minutes of invervals.

5 minutes - warm up
    2 minutes - level 2
    2 minutes - level 1
    2 minutes - level 3
    2 minutes - level 2
    2 minutes - level 4
    2 minutes - level 3
    etc.

Please feel free to critique this plan.

What kind of exercises would be good to start out with, for a lifting newbie like me? I'm thinking freeweights but correct me if I'm wrong. How many reps? How heavy should I start with?

My boyfriend will be switching gyms to come to mine also, so we can work out together, but he suggested I log onto his account here and ask a few questions about working out for women.

Thanks in advance!

Oh...stats:
    Age 23
    5'1"
    120 lbs
    BF: Not sure..

Hello there, first i'd ask you to post your complete diet, ie, what you ate or eat on a normal day, include water intake, alcohol, anything that enters your mouth.
    Secondly, as far as cardio goes and interval training, its not set in books to do 1 minute ... 2 minutes ..., Its relative to your heart rate and how you feel, thus, level 1 or level 2 dont mean anything, you could do the same warmup for 5 minutes, then start jogging at a decent level, then a faster jog or run for 30-45 seconds , the level is determined by you reaching the 45th second fatigued a bit, then go back to a jog. So post up your diet, and then we will work on the exercises.

PS having a gym partner = awesome, but not someone who will chat more than workout :}
    Me no take the Cookies, me Eat them. NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM, CookieMonster (CM) :]

Hi Cookie Monster

My diet is alcohol free, and here is my typical day:

Breakfast - Fiber One cereral or one serving of oatmeal, no sugar added
    -- Cut my morning coffee out as of last week

Snack - Fiber One bar or wheat thins

Lunch - Some kind of "diet" frozen dinner (ek, bad, I know)

Dinner - Varies but typically something with eggs, chicken, fish, etc. Not a big red meat person.

I keep water with me at my desk at work and try to drink constantly during the day, although I don't actually measure it out, which I should.

Ha ha, well he won't be joining my gym for a month or two, but trust me, I'm going to be the one begging him to give me a breather!

Hi again =D

I went to the gym today and used the eliptical machine. I monitored my heart rate and it was around an average of 160 for about 20 mins..

what do you think?

Default Sounds good to me

145 -170 depending on age weight and size is normaly a great cardio range...
    you need to try to work this up to about 30 -45 min and depending on how fast and much you wana loose you should do it 2-4 times a week...

I've been working with a personal trainer since October 8th 2008 and Im down 43lbs. he had me do any cardio for 15min. warm up. then a 2 set 15 rep routine on the major muscle groups (hammer strength machines) upper then lower upper then lower etc. then back to 30 min of cardio. for a complete full body workout that only lasts just under an hour. I did that for 3 nights a week and have since added a half an hour more to the cardio and uppd the intensity of the weights. i started with low weights high reps for a resistance cardio workout with weights. it has helped me maintain what muscle I had going in and even helped me build since starting. I went from 43% bf to 20%. Im probly less now. i stopped weighing myself after I lost 30lbs. its all about bf% now. nothing more.
    I eat 5 small 200 cal meals per day. I do good carbs in the am & afternoon and only protein after lunch. keeps the body always burning something healthy. I work out at midnight so I dont worry thus far about having a post workout meal. altho that might change as I get more serious into this.

work out like that & eat super clean and you'll shed the fat like crazy. I did and Im loving it more and more every day. I want MORE now. I want to be super fit. Im addicted!

remember this...for food...if it comes from a box bag or can dont eat it. if you just add water to it, dont eat it. if it can rott sitting on the counter in 4 days THATS what you need to eat. low shelf life means no preservatives. if it comes from the ground or an animal eat it.

hope my 2 cents helps you. I feel fantastic. & I am here now to step it up a notch.

cheers! all the best!

Quote Originally Posted by foxgirl26 View Post
    I've been working with a personal trainer since October 8th 2008 and Im down 43lbs. he had me do any cardio for 15min. warm up. then a 2 set 15 rep routine on the major muscle groups (hammer strength machines) upper then lower upper then lower etc. then back to 30 min of cardio. for a complete full body workout that only lasts just under an hour. I did that for 3 nights a week and have since added a half an hour more to the cardio and uppd the intensity of the weights. i started with low weights high reps for a resistance cardio workout with weights. it has helped me maintain what muscle I had going in and even helped me build since starting. I went from 43% bf to 20%. Im probly less now. i stopped weighing myself after I lost 30lbs. its all about bf% now. nothing more.
    I eat 5 small 200 cal meals per day. I do good carbs in the am & afternoon and only protein after lunch. keeps the body always burning something healthy. I work out at midnight so I dont worry thus far about having a post workout meal. altho that might change as I get more serious into this.

work out like that & eat super clean and you'll shed the fat like crazy. I did and Im loving it more and more every day. I want MORE now. I want to be super fit. Im addicted!

remember this...for food...if it comes from a box bag or can dont eat it. if you just add water to it, dont eat it. if it can rott sitting on the counter in 4 days THATS what you need to eat. low shelf life means no preservatives. if it comes from the ground or an animal eat it.

hope my 2 cents helps you. I feel fantastic. & I am here now to step it up a notch.

cheers! all the best!
    Nice post hope this post gives ladies some motivation.