Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rear delts, light or heavy??

Quote Originally Posted by danilo7559 View Post
    ok then maybe forearms was a bad example but certainly rear delts would benefit from being trained once a week directly.
    I do train them... 1 set to failure on back day. I think for the average trainee, it is a mistake. I am on a decent amount of anabolics at the moment, so my body can handle it. When I stop progressing on that exercise, I will cut out direct rear delt work completely for a few months, then go back to the bent over flyes. It's about feeling out your body, but if a trainee came to me and asked me to design a prgram for them, I'd be hard pressed to include direct rear delt work. That is all.

-VO
    Height: 5'9
    Weight: 225
    BF%:12-15%

Quote Originally Posted by danilo7559 View Post
    ok then maybe forearms was a bad example but certainly rear delts would benefit from being trained once a week directly.
    Dude, for some people, yes; for others, no. There's more than one sound training philosophy out there. No one here has said that the way you do it will not work {though, I said it did not work well for me, personally}. Obviously, since most bodybuilders throughout history have trained the way you do {using a lot of isolation exercises}, it does work. All we're saying is it's not the only way and perhaps not even the most effective way for some people. You seem to be diametrically opposed to any logic other than your own. What you do works for you; what we do works for us.
    "You only have power over people so long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power - he's free again."
    -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by gpack28 View Post
    How do behind the neck presses work the rear delts?
    your supraspinatus the muscle that works in conjunction with all muscles of the rotator cuff ( subscapularis, teres minor and infraspinatus) including rear delt as a synergist (assist muscle ) all help abduct the shoulder blade as you are sitting forward on your bech smith machine etc bar lowers behind the neck forcing the muscles into an abduction position there for using the muscles to push up weight however in the case of a rear delt it is as if the muscle pulls back 1st (although overhead pressing this is the common moveemnt ) then assists in pressing due to the position of the bar behind your head ......

my tip would be watch some 1 with well devloped shoylders do a behind the neck press and you will see it pull oiut (backwardsat lower point of exercise) then round out at the top of your press and you will see exactly what im saying

hope this answers your question

main muscle here is obviously front shoulder , then comes lateral shoulder traps also support then also rear shoulder

i also agree with vo that sometimes less is best and dorian and mp also some things work diff 4 diff ppl , but fact is rear shoulder is used in both a direct and synergist way in behind the neck pressing , fact !!!!!!!!! ive been a personal trainer and s and c coach 4 many athletes and in my 6-7 years i have proven this time and time again in a muscle fibre test .

this is where you put sensitive pads onto the particular area on question here rear dels and you can tell its work load by %'s from memory it went front delt 74%lat delt15.5% and rear 10.5 % it works but the amount of activity in particular area , same as when a cardiologist checks ppls hearts same shit 4 this !!!!!!!! there is no question in my mind at all that albeit the percentage numbers are what they are , whether its directly or not that the rear delt muscle is being trained !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think we can move on ppl quiet a good discussion tho for the training forum lol

"You only have power over people so long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power - he's free again."
    -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I think higher reps are more common on this high-leverage exercises because they're so much more intense. The jumps in resistance mean a lot more. Going from curling 10lbs to curling 15lbs doesn't feel as much as lateral raising 10 to 15 since the lever's twice as long.

So getting up to the reps, the burn and form thing, it lets us really focus on that so that way we can still manage some decent reps when we move up in weight.

It's already been said throughout this thread and I agree with Morskaya P... heavy compound movements are the way to go for mass building, period (IMO). My personal experience is that I was training (probably overtraining) for a year hitting every muscle group on a 4 day split which incorporated a lot (too any) isolation moves. I gained some stength and size, definetly got leaner, but wasn't making the progress that I had hoped to make. My diet was pretty solid and rest was OK, could have gotten more sleep in a ll honesty, but overall had a decent diet/rest.

On Jan 1 this year I wwent to a 3 day split incorporating only compound, muli-joint moves... bench, military, deads, rows, pull ups, squats. I do use isolation for calves, abs, forearms, but that's it. All other things were the same as last year and I've already put on 8 pounds and my strength is ridiculous compared to 2 months ago. This is in a 5 week period which ain't too shabby for someone like me who I always thought was a "hard gainer."

Turns out I was a hard gainer 'cause I was improperly training to reach my goals. Got a little long winded here, but my point is stick with the basics, lift heavy, eat right and you will see results. Good luck!