Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: birthcontrol and bodybuilding??

Default birthcontrol and bodybuilding??

Im a 34 year old female, 5'4" 122 lb and working on building muscle. I was anorexic through teenage years and young adult and almost died a few times so never had my menstral cyle on my own. My doc wanted me to do birth control pills to give me some estrogen since mine is like none. Ive heard different things- that estrogen can help so wieght does not go to your middle yet also that birth control pills can cause you to gain more fat cells plus lots of articles on birthcontrol pills tying up free testosterone. Anyone have any feedback on benifits vs negatives on building muscle in taking birth control pills and how a woman can increase test without actually taking testosterone steroids-too many sides for that. I am taking a low dose of hgh now.

BCP's are going to affect your hormones....they primarily manipulate your estrogen and progestin and not for increasing testosterone. I don't have much experience with oral contraceptives as I have only used them for a very brief time in my early twenties and since then have steered clear from use primarily because of the high incidence of horrible side effects that are associated with them like pulmonary embolism, weight/water gain, cancer, strokes. In addition to the potential risks many women report that birth control hormones can decrease their sexual desire and arousal and can decrease their sexual lubrication, and can cause pain during sex....... that fact alone should send you running away from b.c. pills (imho).

To work on gaining muscle focus some attention to detail and manipulate your diet for some better results.

Default A few reads for you to review.

Birth control PILLS increase cortisol levels
    Effects of the Oral Contraceptive Pill Cycle on Physiological Responses to Hypoxic Exercise
    To cite this paper:
    Darleen A. Sandoval, Kathleen S. Matt. High Altitude Medicine & Biology. 2003, 4(1): 61-72. doi:10.1089/152702903321488997.

Darleen A. Sandoval
    Exercise Science Department, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ.
    Kathleen S. Matt
    Exercise Science Department, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ.

To test whether the oral contraceptive pill cycle affects endocrine and metabolic responses to hypoxic (fraction of inspired oxygen = 13%, PIO2: 95 mmHg; H) versus normoxic (PIO2:153 mmHg; N) exercise, we examined eight women (28 1.2 yr) during the third (PILL) and placebo (PLA) weeks of their monthly oral contraceptive pill cycle. Cardiopulmonary, metabolic, and neuroendocrine measurements were taken before, during, and after three 5-min consecutive workloads at 30%, 45%, and 60% of normoxic VO2peak in H and N trials. Heart rate response to exercise was greater in H versus N, but was not different between PILL and PLA. Lactate levels were significantly greater during exercise, and both lactate and glucose levels were significantly greater for 30 min after exercise in H versus N (p < 0.0001). When expressed relative to baseline, lactate levels were lower in PILL versus PLA, but glucose was greater in PILL versus PLA (p < 0.001). Cortisol levels were also significantly greater in PILL versus PLA (p < 0.001). Norepinephrine levels were significantly increased during exercise (p < 0.0001) and in H versus N (p < 0.0001). However, epinephrine levels were not different over time or with trial. Thus, the presence of circulating estradiol and progesterone during the PILL phase reduces glucose and lactate responses to hypoxic exercise.

BUT, there is good news. Estrogen is also responsible for a healthy lipid profile in men. Don't be without it.

The estrogen in birth control pills causes an increase in high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol levels (the "good" cholesterol), a decrease in low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol levels (the "bad" cholesterol) and an increase in your total cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Progestin in birth control pills has the opposite effect.

Bad thing is, all Oral birth control pills increase Triglycerides.

Is birth control hormone control? Does taking the pill make it harder to lose fat and gain muscle?

Article Abstract:

Three types of oral contraceptives are available to women: combination pills, minipills and triphasic pills. The low doses of estrogen in the pills currently being used do not have negative effects on bodybuilding and seem to have anabolic benefits.
    author: Krumm, Jo Ellen, Lefave, Bob
    Publisher: Weider Publications LLC
    Publication Name: Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness
    Subject: Health
    ISSN: 0744-5105
    Year: 1992

Default that helps thanks

Seems like a lot of sides but some benifits here and there... thanks for all the info that helps me understand. Think I'll hold off on it

Nice info ChiQ~!!

Stay Strong~~!!!
    IPL

ajshjahsajhsasas
    Last edited by mzcoolcakes; 06-17-2012 at 09:25 PM.

No infection... right? thats a very low dose of win, but more than likely thats the problem, unless you have an infection. what's the BC you are on? How long have you taken it, and have you ever had any probs?

Stay Strong~~!!!
    IPL

dscsddsddddddd
    Last edited by mzcoolcakes; 06-17-2012 at 09:24 PM.

I had orignally started this thread. I had been on trinessa before and didnt put a connecton with it back then but stopped it after reading these threads that BC can tie up free test. THen my doc put me on the nuva ring. My liver enzymes shot up, I felt like crap, no energy, no libido, water gain- took it out and 2 weeks later feel great and liver enzymes back down. Noted my liver enzymes were up after the triness too---- BC can screw up my liver and other sides.