Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Thread: Suggestions and input wanted

Default Suggestions and input wanted

Im 30 yrs old, 170lbs and have been trying to gain weight and muscle for years. I eat a ton, both protein and carbs, yet cant seem to make any size gains. Strength has never been an issue for me, as I seem to be stronger than my frame and size suggest, but I would really like to be bigger.

I was recently diagnosed as having Narcolepsy, and this condition likely began to manifest itself in my mid teens. Bottom line is that my body' sleep cycles are messed up and this maybe limiting my bodies ability to grow....not certain about this, but my research so far of sleep and muscle leads me to believe that this could be the case.

I am wondering if the use of AAS may allow me to make some gains in size and weight. Any and all help in this area would be of great help.

Rest is a big part of recovery. Without REM sleep the body does not recover natural hormone levels and can cause health issues over time. That is something you need to try and get help with if you aren't getting regular sleep.

I suspect a large part of the problem is your diet. If you will post up exactly what you ate yesterday, when you ate it and when during the day you trained we will have better insight into the problem. Also list what your training looks like.
    The statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The consumer comments and experiences relayed herein may not be typical. Your experience may vary.

Disclaimer: The advice I provide is based on experience and/or research and should not be considered professional medical advice. It is best to confirm any potential use of a drug or possible medical condition with a licensed doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Floridagrowin View Post
    Rest is a big part of recovery. Without REM sleep the body does not recover natural hormone levels and can cause health issues over time. That is something you need to try and get help with if you aren't getting regular sleep.

I suspect a large part of the problem is your diet. If you will post up exactly what you ate yesterday, when you ate it and when during the day you trained we will have better insight into the problem. Also list what your training looks like.
    x2..............good advice..........If u dont get the sleep/rest problem straightened out u will not grow even with the use of AAS.......... first get that straightened out...........and in mean time lets figure out whats wrong with ur diet and training.........that could very well b why ur not growing/gaining weight.......... once we get these straightend out we can give u sum cycle advice if u feel thats what u need...........
    -5'6
    -190lbs an rising
    -8%bf
    -max bench press to date= 390lbs

Unfortunately Narcolepsy isn't something that can be fixed, merely managed with medication. The meds only keep my from sleeping at inappropriate times, they do not set my sleep stages back to what a normal individuals is. They are more or less backwards to what the average persons is. I'll post my meal plans and workout schedule shortly, though I doubt that much will be gleaned from them. Thanks for the suggestions.

I realize that narcolepsy is a lifelong condition that can't be cured. The point we are trying to make is that you need quality sleep. You may need or may already take sleep aids at night to get the type of sleep you need.

I understand sleep cycles quite well and they typically are in 90-100 minute intervals. GH, testosterone and other hormones are released during deep sleep cycles so if you never reach deep sleep then your body is not likely to release the amount of hormones it needs to recover from daily stress and physical activity.

As the sleep cycles proceed throught the night the deep REM sleep cycles increase in length. Most people use an alarm clock to set their waking time. This can cut short the longest of the REM sleep cycles costing you valuable recooperative rest. You should as best as you can get into a routine where you go to bed at a consistant time each night, even on weekends. You should also strive to wake at the same time each day to where eventually you do not need a clock to wake you. This does not mean you need to get up and become active on the days you don't need to but it does help set your "internal clock." I can honestly tell you I wake up every morning at the same time give or take 10 minutes. The alarm does not wake me but it is set just in case. I try to go to sleep at the same time give or take 30 minutes every night so I get a consistant amount of rest. I take medication every morning when I wake so even if I plan to sleep in on the wekend I still get up and take my meds then go back to bed. Routine, routine, routine.

I understand your situation is much different than mine but I believe with some practice you will be able to get a more qualitative sleep even if it is better living through chemistry (sleeping pills).

I strongly suggest you get a full hormone panel done to include free and total testosterone, GH levels, prolactin, progesterone, thyroid and whatever else you can convince your doctor to test. This will help to determine your own personal biology and help determine a proper course of action to take for the long term. You may find that your test levels and GH are low or at the low end of normal. IMO the low end of normal is not acceptable perameters to live under. The mentality of just getting by does not set well with me or many others. This is your life not some doctors so you need to tell them where you want to be and why. If they don't get it then find another doctor that does.

This may end up being an expesnsive venture if you do not have medical insurance or if they don't cover certain things but you need to at least know where you stand as far as hormone levels.
    The statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The consumer comments and experiences relayed herein may not be typical. Your experience may vary.

Disclaimer: The advice I provide is based on experience and/or research and should not be considered professional medical advice. It is best to confirm any potential use of a drug or possible medical condition with a licensed doctor.

Wow...Thanks for the detailed response. I have been using melatonin to help keep things regular and i find it does help a bit. My schedule is quite regular at the moment, but there is always room for improvement. I have another appt. with doc. soon so I will discuss with him my concerns, and what if anything can be done.

The idea of having to take something to bulk up, though appealing in its way...Doesn't really work for me. If I can do it on my own, I would much rather go that route.

Thanks for the help Flo + Nitsu.

You are wise to want to gain naturally if you can. I'm certain we can help you do that but it can take some time. I suggest being honest and insistant with your doctor on what your goals are. Don't let him tell you that your normal, nothing is wrong blah blah blah. Tell him where you want to be and remind him you are asking for help to accomplish this so you don't have to rely of advice from strangers to medicate or treat yourself.

Great advice.