Quote Originally Posted by firstcycler View Post
Right on, no worries. I agree my morning diet needs to improve. Any specific suggestions? I can't stand eggs and usually work out between 10-12 in the morning. What other type of breakfast should I be eating? Chicken breast at 9:00 AM? thanks
i love chicken breast any time of the day.
Let me just say, oatmeal will bloat your stomach. Joe Hammer has a recipe for a protien shake in the AM that has something like 2 cups of oatmeal, 2 scoops of peanut butter added in. For me, at 53 years old, that would just be too much. If you don't like eggs there are many other alternatives. I think you just need to increase the amount of protein, one of your liking, first thing in the AM then post work out you need a good, healthy meal right after you finish. First thing in the AM and immediately (definately within an hour or sooner) after work out are the most crucial meals of your day.
What types ofprotein do you prefer? What would be your AM choice of a protein? I have some lean sausage, home made, killed the hog and made it myself. When you cook it you have to add oil to the pan it is so lean. I love eggs, I might eat 6 eggs nad some grits with whole grain toast ofr breakfast.
Youknow the old saying breakfast is the most important meal of the day? It's especially true for body biuilders and strength athletes.