Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forearm Pain

Default Forearm Pain

Hey guys guess I know what I have, guess I am trying to see if anyone else had this happen and if so how did you overcome it.

I have been doing the short straight bar and 21 curls with it. I started to notice a few times my outer forearm muscle would hurt when lift and the area around my elbow. So I am assuming its Tendinitis. I was curling 85lbs on the bar, but as of today, I could only lift a 20lb dumbbell doing hammer curls. I know I should stop curling for a while, but for how long. I can do all my chest , some shoulder and a few other things but curling is out.

Is there something I can do to avoid this from happening again, I am pissed because my gains where coming in nice and upset I will go backwards if there is no way around Tendinitis. Help if you can

Thanks david

I am having the same problem in my right elbow. The pain hasn't been to bad that it effects my lifts, I wear a tight fabric wrap on my elbow while working out and mma training. If I straighten my arm I can really feel it. The worst pain is after mma training with all the pushups and arm bars.
    Bench 285x5
    Squat 400x5
    Dead 450x5
    Leg Press 1000x8

Start Weight: 296 dn to 179
    Current Weight: 202
    Current Cycle: EQ, Test E, 20 weeks
    Previous Cycles: Test P-11 Weeks

I doubt it's from curling, but i bet its from whacking off too much.

j/k

I would rest it for a few weeks...no arm workouts at all. Even though it doesnt hurt on some, your are still putting strain on the area. i would ice it several times a day for 20-25 min a time, and find some stretches for it and start those after a week of full rest. And take ibuprofren.
    Last edited by md45; 01-28-2011 at 08:51 PM.

Sounds like me to forearm splints if the outer forearm is being effected by curling. Basically, your front delt and bicep are stronger than what your forearm can support. Wait a week or two until you are recovered and add in reverse curls and forearm curls.

It used to happen to me when I cheated during barbell curls.

Yes I have got it in both fore arms and have had it for over year, I also get it when I do lat pull downs....

It got so bad I would struggle to lift the barbell or dumb bells,

I rested for a couple of weeks but still had the pain....what really helped me was stretching out the forearm. Basically I fold my palm towards the inside of my forearm and gently push I'd hold it for 20 seconds with a straight arm. I do this after every exercise that creates the pain and a couple of times a day when not working out.

It took a good month or so to start to make a difference but 6 months down the line I still get a niggling pain every now or then but it's so much better.
    Last edited by premier; 01-30-2011 at 07:27 PM.

Straight bar curls are hard on the elbows, forearms and wrists because of the way you have to turn them outward. It really isn't a natural movement. I would drop them from your routine for a while. Using the easy curl bar is ergonomic and causes less stress on the joints.
    The statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The consumer comments and experiences relayed herein may not be typical. Your experience may vary.

Disclaimer: The advice I provide is based on experience and/or research and should not be considered professional medical advice. It is best to confirm any potential use of a drug or possible medical condition with a licensed doctor.

I did exactly what FD is saying and it helped me. Try it and see the difference.

i never was really able to do strait bar curls well. and now i dont even do the ez bar. only dumb bells through this cycle and no more pain. i think it was actually holding me back...

Try stretching your forearms, It may be tennis or golfers elbow.

Also try holding the bar in the middle of your hand and not on the tips of your fingers.

Deads and shrugs hit the forearms alot too.

Hope that may help.
    Last edited by martyrobbins; 02-02-2011 at 11:20 PM.
    Current Cycle : bulk

10 doughnuts, 3 pizzas, 4 liters of Dr P, 2 double quarter pounders, gallon of chocolate ice cream, and 100mgs of test suspension per day.

I Will !!!