Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr


buy steroids - roid-shop.com

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: My thoughts so far on boss hog

  1. #1

    Default My thoughts so far on boss hog

    so i did boss hog for 2 weeks straight i ended up getting sick for like 2 weeks after that so ive only been in the gym a couple times during those 2 weeks so i dont have a complete 4 week circuit under my belt yet but heres my thoughts concerns comments so far. remember these are just initial thoughts im not done with this routine yet!

    day 1 and 2 for me were just testing the reps and limits of the lifts finding the weight i could lift and do the 4 sets completely. so after week 1 could feel the routine working slightly, i was a bit concerned as i was recovering quite quickly but since it was more of a trial and fitness test week i stuck with it.

    week2: finally got the reps right where i wanted it got a full week of lifting in and heres my thoughts...i got a good workout on my back and chest i could feel the workout in my pecks and my back quite well and am confident im getting a good workout in those 2 areas. the 2 areas im still slightly concerned about is my legs my calves to be precise the squats do good for my upper legs but my calves seem to be lacking any sort of strain. second point of concerns is my forearms i can feel the strain from the reverse grip pull down in my biceps (although i feel it could be a bit better maybe i could add 5-10 lbs next week and see how that works for my biceps) but my forearms dont seem to get a good workout even with the smith close grip bench.

    anyway i havent given up yet since i was sick im thinking maybe when im 100% i could add some more weight and get a better workout maybe i just didnt have the strength and energy to push my self of even the will power since i was sick, so im gonna hit it hard next couple of weeks and ill update this post on my final thoughts.

  2. #2

    Default

    Just because you don't 'feel' an exercise doesn't mean it's not working. Also lol at the forearms, they get enough just off deadlifts...

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NitrochickensTwin View Post
    Just because you don't 'feel' an exercise doesn't mean it's not working. Also lol at the forearms, they get enough just off deadlifts...
    agreed... your deadies should take care of your forearms... HOWEVER, the smaller muscle groups is a common complaint when it comes to the BossHogg. Im actually doing it myself right now, and have been for about 2 months, and drawing the same conclusion i did the 1st time. My trapz dont grow, my bis and tris stay the same (maybe slight growth in tris), and im not getting what i want out of a leg exercise.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shackles View Post
    agreed... your deadies should take care of your forearms... HOWEVER, the smaller muscle groups is a common complaint when it comes to the BossHogg. Im actually doing it myself right now, and have been for about 2 months, and drawing the same conclusion i did the 1st time. My trapz dont grow, my bis and tris stay the same (maybe slight growth in tris), and im not getting what i want out of a leg exercise.
    Hmm my traps have grown from the deads. The only muscle I find not growing on me is calves, but I've only been on this routine for amonth and a half. My calves never grew from calf raises either though lol.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    396

    Default

    I believe you have to do a routine for a awhile beforw you can really see the benefits from it. Keep at and keep us posted.
    GOD, allow me to except the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference

  6. #6

    Default

    so i took my week off and just started back up today, i must say all the lifts in my routine have increased at a steady rate according to my 1rm chart, i am feeling pretty confident that the boss hog routine is working how ever i still have concerns with a few body parts and i have added some isolations into the routine. (oh no i said isolations) so far i added preacher curls, wrist curls, flys and calf raises. i feel much better about the workout with these in the routine, some days i dont add the isolations it really depends how my muscles are feeling and how i feel at the end of the boss hog routine.

    still trying to gain mass however, im not sure what else i can do im taking in 3600-4000 calories per day with no significant weight gain during that 1 week off i gained 3 lbs but that could just be weight fluctuation i will re weigh my self tomorrow

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AtYaMommasHouse
    Posts
    1,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vertstang95 View Post
    so i took my week off and just started back up today, i must say all the lifts in my routine have increased at a steady rate according to my 1rm chart, i am feeling pretty confident that the boss hog routine is working how ever i still have concerns with a few body parts and i have added some isolations into the routine. (oh no i said isolations) so far i added preacher curls, wrist curls, flys and calf raises. i feel much better about the workout with these in the routine, some days i dont add the isolations it really depends how my muscles are feeling and how i feel at the end of the boss hog routine.

    still trying to gain mass however, im not sure what else i can do im taking in 3600-4000 calories per day with no significant weight gain during that 1 week off i gained 3 lbs but that could just be weight fluctuation i will re weigh my self tomorrow
    Glad to see you are trying to routine. And to address a few things - Calves and Traps are the 2 muscles that i find to be lacking from the routine. I add shrugs after my deadlift set. I use the same weight i deadlift with. And i do barbell calf raise after squats. I use the same weight i squat with. If that much weight wont make your traps and calves grow then you are overtraining.

    I have never had an issue with forearms. Back day will tax your forearms. All your pull movements will use them. And lets be realistic, do you really think a tiny wrist curl will do more for you than deadlifting 300-400 lbs off the floor. Or using 200+ lbs pulled to you in a sitting grow.

    And i doubt you need bicep work. Are you using the correct grip to hit your bicep? Reverse Grip and Neutral Grip

    I like the way your are fine tuning it to your body, but only one month in the routine is no way near enough time to know that you need to add 4 isolation movements. What did you expect in 4 weeks? I honestly think if you are going to add that many movements than i would drop your wednesday big lift. Drop the squat or dead that day. Try it how you want but think of this - The way this routine works is because of low volume, meaning little to no isolation work. To be able to squat or deadlift every other day is intense. I doubt people actually realize how taxing that is to your body. In order to be able to do that, you have to eliminate the isolation movements. Trust me, with adding 4 movements you will overtrain and then you will think the whole routine sucks because you are not growing.

    If you are not gaining weight than you have a diet problem. This routine or any other routine will yield gains if you eat right. I could do only isolation lifts for a month and gain weight if i eat right. And the fact that you havent gained any weight shows me that you are not getting the required protein for this intense of a routine. You MUST EAT 2g protein per lb. And you MUST GET 8-10 hours of sleep a night. Drinking a gallon of water a day is also a must. If you are not doing 1 of these you will fail at this routine. Are you doing all of these?

    I would suggest going to a 3 day split if you want to add that many movements. I would do something like this --

    Mon -- Back and Bicep
    Rev Grip Lat Pulldown
    Neutral Grip Sitting Row
    Reverse Grip Bent Over Barbell Rows
    Deadlift w/ Shrugs
    Hammer Curls

    Wednesday -- Chest, Shoulders and Tris
    Incline Bench Press
    Close Grip Bench Press
    Flyes
    Military Press

    Friday -- Legs
    Squat
    Leg Curl
    Calf Raise
    Abs


    I would also incorporated "intense stretching" techniques from the DC routine. I have been using the stretching he lays out and its awesome. Let me know what you think..
    Last edited by md45; 04-02-2011 at 03:58 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NitrochickensTwin View Post
    Hmm my traps have grown from the deads. The only muscle I find not growing on me is calves, but I've only been on this routine for amonth and a half. My calves never grew from calf raises either though lol.
    Mine too, I squeeze to emphasize them...

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by md45 View Post
    Glad to see you are trying to routine. And to address a few things - Calves and Traps are the 2 muscles that i find to be lacking from the routine. I add shrugs after my deadlift set. I use the same weight i deadlift with. And i do barbell calf raise after squats. I use the same weight i squat with. If that much weight wont make your traps and calves grow then you are overtraining.

    I have never had an issue with forearms. Back day will tax your forearms. All your pull movements will use them. And lets be realistic, do you really think a tiny wrist curl will do more for you than deadlifting 300-400 lbs off the floor. Or using 200+ lbs pulled to you in a sitting grow.

    And i doubt you need bicep work. Are you using the correct grip to hit your bicep? Reverse Grip and Neutral Grip

    I like the way your are fine tuning it to your body, but only one month in the routine is no way near enough time to know that you need to add 4 isolation movements. What did you expect in 4 weeks? I honestly think if you are going to add that many movements than i would drop your wednesday big lift. Drop the squat or dead that day. Try it how you want but think of this - The way this routine works is because of low volume, meaning little to no isolation work. To be able to squat or deadlift every other day is intense. I doubt people actually realize how taxing that is to your body. In order to be able to do that, you have to eliminate the isolation movements. Trust me, with adding 4 movements you will overtrain and then you will think the whole routine sucks because you are not growing.

    If you are not gaining weight than you have a diet problem. This routine or any other routine will yield gains if you eat right. I could do only isolation lifts for a month and gain weight if i eat right. And the fact that you havent gained any weight shows me that you are not getting the required protein for this intense of a routine. You MUST EAT 2g protein per lb. And you MUST GET 8-10 hours of sleep a night. Drinking a gallon of water a day is also a must. If you are not doing 1 of these you will fail at this routine. Are you doing all of these?
    im doing the same thing with my calfs as you im just adding calf raises at the end of squats with the same weight, i think i might try some shrugs with my deads and drop the wrist curls i see your point with that, i just feel my grip isnt strong enough to do higher weight deads, my back feels good for more, could also be a good time to start bringing chalk to gym my hands could be sweaty. as far as the pull downs go im using the reverse grip pull down, and i never realized the rows worked the forearms but i guess it makes sense with the grip you have, i just dont feel it, so they probably are getting the work the work they need im just not realizing it..

    for my diet i should be pretty dang close to the 2g per lb im going to start tracking my diet again this week to see what it looks like exactly but i know when i was tracking a few weeks ago i was pretty spot on, and i typically get 8.5 hours of sleep so i should be good there, and could probly use a bit more water i drink 2L while at work then a few glasses through out the day so probly 2.5L of water or so a day

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    AtYaMommasHouse
    Posts
    1,820

    Default

    If your protein is in line, the make sure yo are getting enough calories. As i mentioned, you can use this routine or another routine - if you are eating enough food and stimulating your muscles, you are going to gain weight. If you are stimulating your muscle and you are not growing - there is an issue with what you're eating.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •