Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ckd

You're certainly welcome.

I'm down a total of 8 pounds so far and I'm 12 days in. I'm going to start carbing up tonight through Saturday night, then hit some serious cardio on Sunday morning along with a low carb "day 1" again.

My concern is that my BF (per the hand held impedence method) isn't moving. I hope that I haven't burned a lot of muscle mass in the last 2 weeks trynig to figure this out. Generally I THINK that I'm getting leaner, I look like I have less fat in my mid section, pants getting a little looser, etc... Really worried that I'm not doing this right and losing muscle. A few times I detected small to moderate amounts of ketones in my urine. I think that I may be teetering in and out based on some food choices. The next 2 weeks I'm only going to eat meat, eggs and my new protein blend.

Any thoughts? Am I just paranoid? I know the hand held meters aren't the most accurate thing in the world, but they should show a declining pattern if I were losing
    5' 8"
    186lbs
    TRT of 125mg/wk

Relax. Impedance is based upon water in your muscles which you don't have. Have faith my friend. All is well.

I'm obviously not too content right now. I just started my carb up ~ 2 hours ago and thought I'd see more on the keto stix by now, just showing trace amounts, same as I was all week long. I know that SYL doesn't like them, but I THINK that when carb intake starts, you should excrete any ketones, which should be easy to detect on the stix.

I know myself well (duh!, hope so) and patience is not one of my strengths. I believe that this process works, is effective, etc... I just want some indication that I'm in keto and doing it properly, at least when not carbing up.
    5' 8"
    186lbs
    TRT of 125mg/wk

Quote Originally Posted by 2Rhodesians View Post
    I'm obviously not too content right now. I just started my carb up ~ 2 hours ago and thought I'd see more on the keto stix by now, just showing trace amounts, same as I was all week long. I know that SYL doesn't like them, but I THINK that when carb intake starts, you should excrete any ketones, which should be easy to detect on the stix.

I know myself well (duh!, hope so) and patience is not one of my strengths. I believe that this process works, is effective, etc... I just want some indication that I'm in keto and doing it properly, at least when not carbing up.
    hey pal here is something from one of my threads, i found this on a atkins board and it helped me to understand the stix better maybe it will rest your mind as well, the stix are only a tool and dont rule you...

Lots of newbies panic over ketostix colors or worship ketostix color and allow it to dictate their eating. You can be purple and not lose and beige and be a big loser. Don't let the stix upset you.

The stix don't tell you all about ketosis and are only a tool you should be using if you have made a change in the foods you are eating and want to see if it has knocked you out of ketosis. There are physical indicators of Ketosis you will experience that are much more reliable. The taste in your mouth, smell of your pee, your breath, the loss of appetite, the craving control, and of course the weight and inches lost eating all the food.

Note: If your ketostix do not turn purple despite the fact that you are doing everything correctly, you may still show a decrease in appetite, an improvement in well-being, a loosening of your clothes and a slow but steady weight loss and reduction in inches. This simply means that you are not producing enough ketones to register on the strips but enough to burn fat. Remember, the strips are tools; making them change color is not the sole object of the game. (Taken from page 138 of the DANDR.)

Moreover, in most cases the LTS (lipylosis testing strips) will no longer turn pink or purple once you are taking in 50 or more grams of carbs a day, so they are of no use as people get above that level of carb intake. [DANDR,Lipolysis Testing Strips: Proof Positive,
    Chapter 11}

Hint: Take these things into consideration if you think you are in ketosis but the stix are not showing positive results:

Check the expiration on the bottle to be sure the strips are still good. The seal on a new bottle should not be broken.

Partially used bottles can possibly be defective if they have been stored for any length of time and exposed to moisture or high temperatures.

The color of your ketone testing stix isn't important to your weight loss. All the stix measure is the amount of excess ketones your body created from your fats both dietary and storage left over after you have burned up all the ones you are using for energy at that time.

For both of the following examples all numbers are made up:

You can alter the amount in your urine by drinking more water and eliminating them more frequently in smaller concentration. If you pee 200 ounces of water you will have a lower concentration on your stix then if you pee 50 ounces of water for the same total amount of ketones eliminated from your system. Say 8,000 ketones "peed" out. The 50 ozer would show 160 dark purple and the 200 ozer would show 40 and be moderate. Same ketone total amount but 2 different colors on the stix. For this example stix are measured in ounces of pee not dL

Another is exercise:

Every one in this example eats the same amount of the exact same foods, is in the same metabolic category, and has the same height and weight, and drinks the same amount of water.

Person A is very muscular and produces 10000 Ketones a day from diet and stored fat, burns 10000 in energy expenditure and has 0 excess ketones to pee on those stix hence they never change
    Person B works out like crazy and produces 10050 ketones also from diet and stored fats, burns 10000 in energy expenditures and pees out 50 turning the stix light pink.
    Person C produces 6000 ketones burns 6000 and has no color change
    Person D produces 6000 ketones is an exercise slug and burns 2000 giving her 4000 to pee out making the stix dark purple.

All of them are stix slaves so person A says I'm losing weight but I'm not in ketosis why?
    Person B says my stix are only pink and I'm losing weight what am I doing wrong?
    Person C says I'm not in ketosis and I'm not losing weight what am I doing wrong?
    Person D is doing the whoopee dance and in about 3 weeks will be posting I've been dark purple since day 1 and have stopped losing weight what am I doing wrong?

hope this helps you bro. im watching your thread, we are bolth doing the same thing...

Thanks Mirage, much appreciated. I know that I'm a visual, "let me see" type and not being able to visually see an indicator, I'm having a hard time knowing/not knowing if I'm in. I have been messing around with certain foods and am not sure what impact they're having.

For example, when I first started I was still taking in ~40g whey PWO. SYL educated me on protein hydrolysis with whey and the resulting sugars. That was one mistake and there have been others. All in all my experience hasnt been bad, I learned a lot so far and have a lot more to learn, that I do know.

My biggest concern is that I'm just out of ketosis and burning muscle for fuel. That was one of the main reasons for me trying this, to preserve muscle mass while dropping fat. I thoght that I'd torch the fat off in 3-4 weeks since I was around 15.5% to start.

Again, appreciate the guidance and encouragement. This board is awesome and so are the guys in here (most of 'em )
    5' 8"
    186lbs
    TRT of 125mg/wk

Thanks Mirage, much appreciated. I know that I'm a visual, "let me see" type and not being able to visually see an indicator, I'm having a hard time knowing/not knowing if I'm in. I have been messing around with certain foods and am not sure what impact they're having.

For example, when I first started I was still taking in ~40g whey PWO. SYL educated me on protein hydrolysis with whey and the resulting sugars. That was one mistake and there have been others. All in all my experience hasnt been bad, I learned a lot so far and have a lot more to learn, that I do know.

My biggest concern is that I'm just out of ketosis and burning muscle for fuel. That was one of the main reasons for me trying this, to preserve muscle mass while dropping fat. I thoght that I'd torch the fat off in 3-4 weeks since I was around 15.5% to start.

Again, appreciate the guidance and encouragement. This board is awesome and so are the guys in here (most of 'em )
    I think your in. The weight loss is probley water. I feel your pain im dieing for some results too. hang in there. Im eating like a machine. The same Damm meal six times a day so i don't have to worry too much about different foods. When i see some action ill start messing round with variety...

sweet! Do you have any pics up?

I'm going on cycle in a couple of weeks and will be posting up pics on a weekly basis. I'm also taking melotan-II, so the pic sequence should be pretty cool (if all goes as planned). GL on your diet and getting to your goals.

Look for my cycle log in the next couple of weeks...
    5' 8"
    186lbs
    TRT of 125mg/wk

sweet! Do you have any pics up?

I'm going on cycle in a couple of weeks and will be posting up pics on a weekly basis. I'm also taking melotan-II, so the pic sequence should be pretty cool (if all goes as planned). GL on your diet and getting to your goals.

Look for my cycle log in the next couple of weeks...
    no pics as im far from satisfied with myself, but trying...

Here are the results:

Pre CKD - 183lbs @ 16.6% BF

I ran back to back 14 day Warrior progams for a total of 28 days. I modified Warrior's plan targeting 0g carbs and slowly getting my moderate carb up starting on evening 12 through morning of day 14.

Results after carbing back up - 177lbs @ 13.4%. A loss of ~ 6.5lbs in 4 weeks, which I think was almost exclusively fat! I really haven't noticed any strength loss and appear fuller and more pumped now. I have to say this was a bear to start and get used to, but the results are pretty sick. I'll be running again post cycle depending on how I look & feel. Extremely happy with the results. To be honest, I should have/could have done a bunch more cardio during these 28 days.

Important notes:
    1. Avoid whey while on
    2. target zero carbs except on carb up days
    3. Don't use Keto stix, they'll drive you crazy
    4. Be patient
    5. Think "carnivore"
    6. Big thanks to SYL, JHammer, Mirage, MD45 and everyone else who helped
    me through this
    7. I learned a lot more about nutrition, metabolism, etc.. during this period.
    Last edited by 2Rhodesians; 04-25-2011 at 06:06 PM.
    5' 8"
    186lbs
    TRT of 125mg/wk