Current setup is a typical 4-day split:
    Mon - Chest + Tri
    Tues - Back/Bi
    Weds - Off
    Thurs - Legs, Traps, Abs
    Fri - Shoulders
    Sat - off, or jog
    Sun - off, or jog

Considering doing a full body workout, 3-days per week, like below. I would do Workout A on M/W/F one week, then do workout B on M/W/F the next week, then A the next week, then B the next, etc .........

The goal would be to do a quick, light warmup set for the mass building exercises (squat, dead, bench, rows, etc) .. and do ONE WORKING SET of 6-10 reps for each exercise. After I can do 10 reps at a given weight, i increase the weight a bit. For each Workout Day, i have 14 exercises. So that would be 14 sets, plus a warmup set for the compound movements.

FullBody Workout (A-Weeks)

Squat
    Decline Bench
    Leg Ext.
    Leg Curl
    Cable Fly's
    Upright Row
    Military Press
    Dead Lift (Straight Leg)
    Cable Row
    Side Raises
    Barbell Curl
    SkullCrusher
    ChinUps (lats)
    Standing Calf Raises
    Heels to Heavens (abs) + Side Bend

FullBody Workout (B-weeks)

Squat
    Dips (45lb on belt)
    Behind Back Shoulder Press
    Standing Bent Over Row
    Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
    PullUps (bi's)
    Leg Press
    Dead Lift (Sumo)
    Overhead Tri Ext.
    Shrug
    Conc. Curls
    Lunge
    Reverse Fly's
    Front Raise
    Decline Crunch + Hanging Leg Raise

I tried to divvy things up so i didnt have too much shoulder during A, and not enough during B, etc, etc.

WHAT DO YOU THINK? Is this OK for mass building? Is 3 days per week too little?? Looking to start this up soon and work it for about 1/2 of my next cycle - - then possibly switch to a 5x5 routine, 3 or 4 days per week.

Thanks bro's.......

I wouldn't just do 1 set and I would at do at least 2 sets for the main exercise and then you could do 1 for the other exercises. Here is just an example

A
    Squat 2x8-10
    Romanian dead 1x8-10
    Barbell rows 2x8-10
    Close grip pull downs 1x8-10
    Incline Barbell or dumbell 2x8-10
    Weighted dips 1x8-10

B.
    Front Squat 2x8-10
    Lunges 1x8-10
    Pullups 2x8-10
    seated rows 1x8-10
    Flat bench 2x8-10
    Standing military press 2x8-10
    lateral raises 1x8-10
    Bicep exercise (dumbbell or barbell curl) 2x8-10
    Tricep exercise 2x8-10

HIT, as envisioned by its originator Aurthur Jones, involved going to negative failure. This was also advocated by Mentzer. You have too many exercises. And I agree with gman that you need at least 2 working sets. I believe you could get better results with an upper/lower split, the upper emphasizing chest/back one workout, arms/shoulders the next. The lower workout with quad focus one workout, posterior chain focus the next. The 4 workouts could be cycled over a 3 day/wk plan or a 4 day/wk plan.

Example:
    A. Lower body, quad focus
    Front squat, 3x12-15 (quads)
    Stiff legged deadlifts 3x10-12 (posterior chain)
    Bulgarian (split) squats 3x12-15 (quads)
    Seated calf raise 2x20 (soleus)

B: Upper body, back/chest focus
    Yates row 3x8-10 (back)
    Decline bench 3 x 8-10 (chest)
    Wide-grip pulldowns to sternum 3x12-15 (back)
    Incline dumbell 3x8-10 (chest)
    Close-grip palms facing pull-ups 2x AMAP (as many as possible, biceps)
    Dips 2x AMAP (triceps)
    Lateral raises 2x15 (side delts)

C: Lower body, posterior chain focus
    Deadlifts 2x3, 2x2 (posterior chain)
    Barbell lunges 3x12 (quads)
    Good mornings 3x6-8 (posterior chain)
    Standing calf raise 2x20 (gastrocs)

D: Upper body, arms/shoulder focus
    Reverse grip bench 3x8-12 (triceps)
    Drag curls 3x8-12 (biceps)
    Skull crushers 3x8-12 (triceps)
    Hammer curls 3x8-12 (biceps)
    One arm barbell (javelin) press 3x8-10 (shoulders)
    Face pulls 3x12 (rear delts)
    Pec dec 2x15 (chest)
    Seated row 2x10-12 (back)

You get the idea. Each set should be taken to at least positive failure theoretically, so the rep ranges are merely guidelines to weight selection, as there is no way of knowing a priori how many reps you can do. You can vary the exercises for each focus each time if you like, but notice my exercise selections are all relatively difficult ones. Forget leg extensions and such.

If you want to do a full body each time, then I agree with what gman has laid out.

Thanks guys for your feedback .. i basically copied that routine off another site, and just swapped a few exercises here and there which i normally do (like, instead of "bench dips" i swapped in parallel bar dips w 45lb plate). They had 11 exercises in theirs, plus an abs exercise, and i just added about 2 exercises to each day.

When i started lifting a few years ago, i made the mistake of not sticking to just compounds - - i did the rookie error of doing tons of curls, tri pushdowns, front raises, etc, because that's what i saw everyone else doing. The first cycle i did, about a year ago, i did a 5x5 and it seemed to work well - - so i'm interested in going back to that at some point, but one of my buds who is a genetic no-juice freak of nature only does full body workouts. So i want to give that a whirl ..

Thanks gents for your feedback, most appreciated - - I will reduce the # of exercises and do two working sets for the heavy compounds. Thanks again

I like fullbody routines and go back to them from time to time. Beside the one I listed another fullbody routine I liked doing and will go back to is the Texas Method. When I did this routine I was on Test C (for TRT) I gained some strength and some size. Here is a general break down of the routine.
    Monday (volume day)
    Squats 5x5 Use a weight that you can complete 5 reps for all 5 sets. Its better to underestimate the weight.
    Bench 5x5
    Incline dumbbell or flat dumbbell 3x8
    barbell row 3x5
    Dead Lift 1x5.
    You can do a couple sets of accessory exercises such as barbell curls or close grip bench.
    Wed (active recovery)
    Front Squat or hack squat 2x5 (use a weight that you can easily do 10 reps)
    Military press 3x5
    pullups or chin 4xmax (bw)
    hyper ext

Fri (intensity)
    Squats
    Bench
    on both of these do sets of triples, doubles and even singles.
    power clean or barbell row 3x8

Each week try to add 5 LBS to your squat, dead and bench.

Quote Originally Posted by gmantheman View Post
    I like fullbody routines and go back to them from time to time. Beside the one I listed another fullbody routine I liked doing and will go back to is the Texas Method. When I did this routine I was on Test C (for TRT) I gained some strength and some size. Here is a general break down of the routine.
    Monday (volume day)
    Squats 5x5 Use a weight that you can complete 5 reps for all 5 sets. Its better to underestimate the weight.
    Bench 5x5
    Incline dumbbell or flat dumbbell 3x8
    barbell row 3x5
    Dead Lift 1x5.
    You can do a couple sets of accessory exercises such as barbell curls or close grip bench.
    Wed (active recovery)
    Front Squat or hack squat 2x5 (use a weight that you can easily do 10 reps)
    Military press 3x5
    pullups or chin 4xmax (bw)
    hyper ext

Fri (intensity)
    Squats
    Bench
    on both of these do sets of triples, doubles and even singles.
    power clean or barbell row 3x8

Each week try to add 5 LBS to your squat, dead and bench.
    Bro thanks for this input - - not sure why i didnt see your reply till now - - thanks !

Dudes thanks for this input - - i shaved some stuff off of here, and made it into a 4-day breakdown. Not necessarily working out 4 days/wk, but an A, B, C, and D workout. I've been working out M, W, and F each week and doing some walking/jogging here and there. Just trying to maintain at the moment, and "gear up" for end of Aug when my cycle starts.

Here is what I plan to do until around the time when my gear starts jamming, which i'm guessing will be around mid October-ish. At that time, i might bust into a 5x5, focusing of course on the compounds, and probably doing about 4-6 total sets of "fringe" stuff at the end of each 5x5 workout.

I do 4 compound exercises first (a warmup, and then two working sets, making sure to get at least 10 reps). For the rest, i do one (sometimes two) sets without warmup, typically supersetting with the next exercise, making sure to get 10-12 reps before fail.

Workout A
    (2)Squat
    (2)Dead Lift (Straight Leg)
    (2)Decline Bench
    (2)Dumbbell Shoulder Press

Cable Seated Row
    Cable Curls

Leg Ext.
    Leg Curl

Heels to Heavens + Side Bend

Workout B
    (2)Hack Squat (difficult with large ass!)
    (2)Dead Lift (Sumo)
    (2)Incline Dumbbell Press
    (2)Dips (45lb on belt)

OneArm standing cable row
    ChinUps (bi's)

Lunge
    Front Raise

Decline Crunch + Hanging Leg Raise

Workout C
    (2)Squat
    (2)Behind Back Shoulder Press (Smith)
    (2)Barbell Curl
    (2)Leg Press

Standing Calf Raises

Cable Fly's
    PullUps (lats)

Reverse Fly's
    Overhead Tri Ext.

Heels to Heavens + Cable Crunch

Workout D
    (2) Deadlift-Traditional
    (2) T-Bar Rows
    (2) 45 Deg. Squat (smith)
    (2) Incline Bench (Smith)

Dumbbell Side Raises
    Dumbbell SkullCrusher

Upright Row

BarbellShrug
    RearDelt Cable Fly

Mason Twist

So far this seems to be working well. I don't feel i'm over-training, and I actually feel like i'm growing a bit even though i'm only eating appx. a maintenance level of calories.

Thoughts on the above ? Thx bro's