Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chest training

This is a reply to a PM I received regarding the cable flyes.I knew I wasn't explaining it very well.-
    Picture the cables as if they were connected together in a straight line.We will call this the "line".Most people have their body on the "line" or even in front of it.When their arms are extended,the resistance isn't on the muscle.It's basically just pulling their arm into their shoulder socket.That's why I say I could stand there all day.Nothing is happening.We want to be behind the "line",so that the weight is trying to pull our hands apart.When the weight is heavy,the arms are bent,but the hands are still on the "line".As the weight gets lighter the arms are straight,which means that the body is basically an arms length behind the "line".I hope this makes sense.
    This is the response I got back-
    I think I might get it now. Is this what it might look like in ascii?

PHP Code:
    /*
    ]----O O----[
         / \
        /   \
       ( (*) )
    */ 

Where the ] and [ are the weight stacks.
    The ---- and ---- are the cables.
    The O and O are your hands.
    The / and \ are your arms
    The outside ( and ) are your shoulders.
    And the (*) is the top of your head.
    Am I close?

Yes,that's it exactly.

I would like to thank mle ii for the wonderfully descriptive ascii art...

Wow, totally awesome information! I always hated benching... now I can go back to my cable flyes, ditch the bench and the push-ups too!:woot

strapping lad that picture of you carrying those to logs is amazing! is it possible to describe that half moon move more in detail?! it sounds good for the girlies staring at ur pecs like you said, but i didnt really understand it... maybe one more time an explanation?

and posing rules!

Cool chest effectiveness would be great.

SYL,
    Can you give a little more detail on that dip variation? With "elbows out" i searched for some video to get it through to me and found the half moon deal and that makes sense, but i'm confused on if you want your hands close to your body and elbows out wide or to try to keep arms in? Is this two moves? one for chest and one for tri's? Excuse the ignorance, but i'm trying to grow up nice a strong, I'm even eating all my vegetables.

Yes. For chest, elbows pointing out to the side, as far away from the body as possible. Get a good stretch at the bottom which you'll feel in the outer edge of your pecs. Then try to "squeeze your way back up, as if you were doing a "most muscular" pose. To train triceps, it's more of a "dip" with the elbows in close to the side, and pointing "back".

If the dipping bar has a "V" shape, you want to be out at the end of it with the most space possible between your hands, ie: a "wide" grip.

that chest movement looks like it would work wonders the description was vague but with the drawing i can see what you mean gonna try this next chest workout

Strapping Lad you remind me of Bruce Lee... Motherfucker knew his body, and did things according to efficiency of motion and had no reverence for "normal" patterns for things. I totally get the not doing "exercises" but rather focusing on working the muscle the best.

I'll take that as a compliment KDB. His Tao of Jeet Kune Do was influential on me, and I found Bruce very inspirational.