Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chest training

I found a video pretty much showing the dip with the elbows out, Vince Gironda style...

YouTube - 45lb Weighted Gironda Dips

Sweet as mate!

Thanks again

hey lad be nice if you could put together a YOUTUBE video :-)

I actually was going to make a training video at one point. This isn't a convenient time for me, but who knows, maybe I still will.

just wondering if a lot of people argue that doing bench isn't the best for chest but on the boss hogg routine it says to do bench because it is a compound exercise, then what exercise is best for chest? all of those isolations put together? Just wondering because I have been reading a lot from people saying bench isn't good for your chest. But its how I have gotten my chest bigger overtime by gradually increasing weight.... or maybe its cuz the boss hogg routine is well put... i dunno i kind of want to try everything you put here in ur article (especially those dips they look hard) but I dunno... I seem like im always switching and need to stick with a solid routine that works and works....

Quote Originally Posted by deathcloud View Post
    just wondering if a lot of people argue that doing bench isn't the best for chest but on the boss hogg routine it says to do bench because it is a compound exercise, then what exercise is best for chest? all of those isolations put together? Just wondering because I have been reading a lot from people saying bench isn't good for your chest. But its how I have gotten my chest bigger overtime by gradually increasing weight.... or maybe its cuz the boss hogg routine is well put... i dunno i kind of want to try everything you put here in ur article (especially those dips they look hard) but I dunno... I seem like im always switching and need to stick with a solid routine that works and works....
    chest is one of those things some people agree with and others dont,i myself have expierienced both.if you have no problems when it comes to bench,then do it

A compound movement is one that uses two or more joints to complete the movement. So Dips are definately a compound movement. Flyes generally are not, depending on how theyre done of course. When you lock your arms and wrists, then the only joint being used is effectively the shoulder, ergo its not a compound movement. However many many people dont lock their elbows, or wrists for that matter, when doing flyes, thus they spread the load over other muscle groups........ Its all subjective really. You just have to find the movement (exercise) that works best for you. Personally I get a lot more out of weighted wide grip chins, than I do from Lat pulldowns, a LOT more. But then again I tend to get more out of Bench than I do with Dips, for chest anyway. I find that most gyms have the same or similar settings on the incline. Its generally too high an angle, thus it puts a lot more work onto the front delts, tri's etc. So (as I train at home), I drilled the bench so I can set the angle close to around 22 degrees. I get a great result with that, maybe others wont but it works for me. I also get a LOT more from weighted tricep dips than I do from close press's or EZ Extensions, byt once again, everyone is different. As has been said by others, its all subjective. You have to find what works best for you