Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: forearm training

Default forearm training

any suggestions on forearm training? I've been trying to work on them and was wondering what would be a good frequency per week and as well what kind of volume I should use for size/strength.

You should be able to do forearms are your normal arm or shoulder days. When doing biceps you will get some forearm work there just as nature, but you can add in dumbbell wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, or even barbell wrist curls with no weights on the barbell. You can throw in 2-3 sets of wrist curls and 2-3 sets of reverse wrist curls. There is another you might try which will work fairly well, but for the life of me, I can't remember the name of the exercise; you basically grasp the dumbbells and with your elbows on you knees while sitting on the bench, you essentially rotate the weight back and forth in a controlled movement with your wrists. Trust me, you will feel a nice burn and it is great for stabilizers and connective tissues.
    I'm a sex object. When I ask women for sex, they object.

Twistdenigma Guest

In addition to the excercises Spook mentioned, I like hammer curls for my forearms too.

thanks, I've really neglected them and I think the reason why is bec. I never thought their would be a need for it, but I'm hoping it will help me out on my other power movement by working on them individually hopefully.

You can also do plate holds:
    Take two 5,10,25 (yeah right) plates and "pinch" them together with the backsides out. Hope I am explaining this so you understand. Hold it for about 60 seconds per arm. Nice burn.

Or do Dumbell holds:
    hold the dumbell by the end with just the first digits of your fingers. Again, for 60 seconds on each arm, as many sets as you feel necessary.

Both of these are a LOT harder than you would think.

another thing is to not use wraps. your weight will drop but will come back up in no time. and your grip and forearms will be awesome. when you can shrugg 405 with no wraps you will know what i mean
    you had me at blood and seamen

Static holds do wonders for your forearms. That and the wrist curls that have already been mentioned.

there's a metal bar with a rope attached to it that you can put weight on and curl your wrists to make the rope go on the bar and then rope off the bar
    It's time to play the game - Triple H

My gym teacher in high school used to make use the cable machine. grab a curling bar palms facing down. Reverse curl as much as you can do for 15 reps. Then drop the weight do 15 more right away. Repeat till you get down to 20 lbs and rep out. This will give an awsome burn on the top of your fourarms.

Love the hammer curls. Not only do they hit the forearm nicely, they also add a great deal to the traditional bicep workout..
    ***Go Big or Go Home***