Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Thread: lower back swollenness/stiffness after deads???

Default lower back swollenness/stiffness after deads???

Hello,

I get lower back stiffness/swollenness after I do deads. The swollenness lasts for about 30 minutes or so after doing them. My lower back muscles don't bulge out or anything, they just feel all stiff. If I push my hips forward at this time, its like everything is swollen and I can't go forward all the way? I use a tight-lifting belt and use good form, so is this normal? It doesn't hurt, and quickly goes away. Doesn't even feel sore the next day. I don't really feel any major strain in my back during the deads, and normally feel it in my legs more than back while I'm doing them. It's just this stiffness afterwards concerns me.

Is this just normal swelling like you get if you do bicep curls or tricep exercises? Should I be alarmed? Should I loosen up the lifting belt?

Any advice is appreciated.

I´m no doc , so ... How about deads WITHOUT belt? as u lift , you´re ofcourse keeping a nice tension in your core muscles. That is my babe , the core. See over the 20+ yrs in this game I´ve had more than my share of low back soreness during and after training. At one point I was unable to do bb curls because of the pain on low back. Everything got better once I started to train abs properly and also started to do seated good mornings. The edge with seated version of this old standby is it don´t go all on butt which can easily happen with the standing version.
    About the belt again, even the powerlifting champs are not using it all the time. No they use it only for the HEAVIEST weights to protect the spine. When u are lifting without belt your lowback actually gets stronger.
    If u use belt at all sets (meaning light sets) you´re actually making the back getting used to such aid and weaker. Try and see. Personally I do not use belt in any movement these days.
    want explode your head? smoke dynamite

I agree with hanuri. I never use a belt. You say that you feel it in your legs more than your back? It sounds to me like your form is off. There are a couple of recent posts in the training section on proper dead form. You may want to check them out.
    [QUOTE=mac83]ya hesitate ya, mastubate[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter1014
    I agree with hanuri. I never use a belt. You say that you feel it in your legs more than your back? It sounds to me like your form is off. There are a couple of recent posts in the training section on proper dead form. You may want to check them out.

Sounds good, I'll try without a belt and go down in weight a little bit just to be safe. I didn't mean I feel it more in my legs, just that my legs do feel it a little bit and my back doesn't hurt badly after each set, and I have to keel over like it did when I had REALLY bad form.

Comming on a bodybuilding board and convincing someone that Deads and squats are horrible on your back isnt likely to happen, but it is. I just had back surgery 3 weeks ago. I was on the first set of bent over barbell rows and broke L5, ruptured a disk, tore a disk and displaced my sciatic nerve in my left leg. My feet went numb and I had to go to the ER. I was at the end of a cycle at about 230 lbs. Im now about 210 if that. It has been a horrible experience and since then I have found that I have 3 degenerative disks that is probably a result of 10 years of juicing and lifting. Heavy squats Im sure have not helped any. I would just not try any stiff leg deads or bent over rows if I were you, or at least without a good belt. I was warming up and NOT straining when my injury happened. It only takes a small amount of weight to cause some pretty serious back injuries. I dont know if you guys know MR. B, but this guy has had like 10 back surgeries from various injuries and repairs. Just be safe.
    CO-ADMIN@Musclescience
    SUPERMOD@Musclemorpheus (RIP)
    MOD@SBI
    MOD@Cuttingedgemuscle
    MOD@*************
    MOD@AnabolicEvolution
    MOD@Musclezone (RIP)
    MEDICALSUPERMOD@AtomicalMuscle
    VET@Anabolic-Support
    VET@IXM
    VET@QualityMuscle
    VET@TheIronCorps
    VET@BeyondMass
    VET@IRONFORLIFE

R.I.P MassWithClass 06/03/05

-----------------------------------
    "If you never attempt anything other then that which you have mastered you shall never grow". -Emerson

I usually get a pretty intense pump in my lower back too. To the point that is almost painful. I can tell that it's muscle and not my spine that hurts though. Sometimes when I train arms, my bi's get so full that it hurts to let my arms just hang there. Sometimes it just come with training. It depends what kind of supplements I'm on too. Dbol and anadrol makes it worse.

I don't use a belt but if you are prone to back injury than maybe you need to re-evalulate doing SLDLs. It seems to me that if you use proper form and don't overload yourself you should still be able to do squats and regular deads. With SLDLs there isn't much you can do to get the strain off of your lower back.

Yeah, it is a lower back pump that you are feeling if it is swollen and sore for 30 minutes or so after doing deads. There are alternatives to doing deads, but also relearning form is a must.
    I'm a sex object. When I ask women for sex, they object.