Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can people post up chest routines

Default can people post up chest routines

I am looking for a good chest routine. I have alot of trouble gaining in that area and I hit it pretty hard.

You're hitting it too hard then. How many total sets are you doing for chest? Sixteen? Twenty? If it isn't growing, it's likely because you aren't giving it the opportunity to. You blast it into oblivion and then give it just enough time to recover before blasting it again. Time for recovery is very important, but you must also allow time for growth. If you're murdering your chest with fifty sets a week, that's a lot of damage to repair before growth can start. I'd recommend you cut back to two movements, two sets of each. Give that a few weeks and see if you don't make more progress than you have in the last few months. Currently, I do one set of flat bench and one set of flys, each for six to eight reps, once a week. Intensity is key here; not duration.
    "You only have power over people so long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power - he's free again."
    -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

16-20 sets usually. Should I just do like one warmup set then 3 working sets of flat, incline, decline?

Quote Originally Posted by sierraman View Post
    16-20 sets usually. Should I just do like one warmup set then 3 working sets of flat, incline, decline?
    That would likely help. Obviously, the HIT shit I do isn't for everyone, but I think you'll see a lot of progress if you cut the volume back a bit. If you cut it back as you suggest {to three sets of three movements}, that should still be enough to satisfy you psychologically while not totally obliterating your body. Personally, I would do incline BB bench, DB flys and weighted dips instead, but that's just me.

Give it a try for a while and keep track of your progress. As long as the poundages are increasing, your strength is growing. The size will have no choice but to follow.
    "You only have power over people so long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power - he's free again."
    -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

should I be doing the same for my biceps? I usually do about 16 sets with them and am seeing bad results. The weird thing though is with my tri's I will do chect first then do 8 sets for them and I am not seeing good results.

I recommend you do the same for everything. Personally, I do almost zero isolation work; only heavy compound movements. My bi's get enough stimulation from heavy rows on back day. Since I stopped isolation work for the arms about a year ago, my arms have gone from 17" to 17.75" or so. Not one curl was done in that time.

It doesn't take a remarkable amount of volume to stimulate the body to grow either. Your biceps are such a small muscle group and are involved in so many other movements, that it's really not necessary to pulverize them with sixteen sets of their own. Check out this routine. It's a lot less volume than what you're used to, but what you're used to doesn't seem to be working anymore. Let me know what you think.
    -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I just went and knocked out a back and bi workout like this. Did twist curls 40lbs 3 sets, straight curls 30lbs 3 sets, and hammer curls 40lbs 3 sets. Felt pretty good and was nice and quick. Just about to down my cytogainer shake then in an hour or so some peanut butter and egg whites.

this is what i do

flat dbs 5 x5 method (heavy as possible concentrating on the negative phase and power up )
    inc dbs 5x5 method (as above)
    inc cable flys 4 x 12,10,10,8

4 th exercise i always change sometimes wide grip (elbows out)chest dips or pull overs or decline presses or dec cable flys or cable cross overs on your knees (stops cheating this way etc ) even machine presses

morskayas on the right track tho i think regarding volume id give it a break for one whole week then get stuck into the above w/o maybe missing the 4th ex choice and just go heavy 4 what i wrote and see how you go concentrate more on your reps etc .....

my whole w/o is in here as "my version of 5 x5 " in2shape ....

have a look ive had a few pms from ppl who have tried it and they love it !!!!!!

very simple
    4 x flat dbell press
    4 x incline dbell press
    3 x dips super setted with flies

IMPORTANT!!!! I see to many people hitting inclines nowhere near steep enough. I found out by myself a very steep incline is needed to hit upper pecs. steeper than 45 degrees for sure

I have had more succes with less. Try looking at a Westside barbell style, just google it. I think someone had wrote an article called westside for skinny bastard. I have tried a few times, like to switch routine up every few months.
    The plan will seem a lil strange but it will work!
    Give it a shot, but give it 110%
    Don't forget, your body needs time to heal/grow.