Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gauging Progress

Default Gauging Progress

I have read through a number of posts here and I realize that there are a number of questions and concerns regaurding training and developing lean tissue. Im going to post a thread here that I wrote on a different board and hopefully this will help a few people out.

I dont know how often I will be able to post here but those that know me can testify for my love of this sport. I realize my passion comes out a little rough sometimes but its just due to where I have come from in this endevor. It drives me insane to see people waste their time in the gym..........and believe me............90% of people do. I love to help and I love to see people win so I apologize in advance for being a little rough around the edges but like I said........its just because I care. When I see these same mistakes from people EVERY SINGLE DAY and read about them EVERY SINGLE DAY you start to get a little hard nosed about things..........but hey, alot of people need that!!

Anyway..........hope this post helps..........

I've been meaning to write this for awhile but lately there seems to be alot of confusion here regaurding different ways to build muscle. The other day V.O. wrote something that reminded me about this and I think it's time to put this out here so we can all make better progress.

I have read a ton of stuff where people are getting caught up in targeting different parts of your muscle, using different angles, shocking your muscles for growth, changing things up for growth, toning and defining your muscles and gauging progress by how sore you get. I would like to address each one of these ideas and see if I cant simplify a few things to make life much easier on everyone.

Hitting a muscle from different angles.
    Im going to cover hitting your muscles from different angles and targeting different areas of the same muscle in the same breath here because they tie into one another so much. Like I said this was brought up in another post the other day and it was pretty much explained there but your muscle is shaped the way it is and there really is not much you can do other than make it bigger or smaller. You see so many people who want the arms or the chest of their favorite bodybuilder so they mimic all the exercises they do because they think it will make it look like that person. Now dont confuse this with working with lagging bodyparts, this is something very different. What this is, is where people do multiple movements in attempts to change the way that particular muscle looks. You have insertion points and whatever that muscle looks like between those points is what it is. Find a handful of exercises that ''YOU'' respond to the best and stick with those. Obviously the compound movements work best. Stick with the movements that you are able to use the most weight with and become as strong as you possibly can with those movements. Forget that nonsence of trying to get a better biceps peak with concentration curls or any of that stuff. Yes your tri's have three heads and your shoulders have three heads and your back has some different insertion points but you still cannot change that particular muscle head or area. Unless your competing........forget about laterals. Do big presses. Unless your competing........forget about extensions. Do big presses.

Shocking the Muscles and Changing things up.
    Wow.........where do I start with this. How about this.......STOP IT!!!!! Please someone explain to me the logic behind changing things up or ''shocking'' the muscles. You want to know how to shock the muscle..........USE MORE WEIGHT THAN LAST TIME!!! I swear, people think that by doing drop sets or forced reps or a different exercise everytime they train that their muscles will be like ''Whoa!!!! this is so different we better grow!'' Why would they grow??? You havent done anything to make them grow. You see it at every gym you go to, and these guys look the same month after month, year after year. People change things up with no reason other than to change. Change things up when you stop progressing on a certain movement and thats it. Do you not think that if you just took a few different big chest pressing movements and progressed on each one as long as you could then switched it out for the next and just kept hammering away on those few presses and adding a few pounds to the bar each workout you would'nt have a massive chest in 3 years??? Man.........dont make this harder than it has to be. Keep progressing on big compound movements and eat and you will grow.

Toning and defining your muscles.
    This is easy.........lose fat. There is no such thing as toning or defining your muscles. This goes back to the targeting different areas of your muscles and using different angles. You can do two things to your muscles..........make them bigger or make them smaller and thats about it. Doing kickbacks will not ''define'' your triceps............they will only make me laugh at you. Doing concentration curls will not ''bring out that peak''.............they will only make me glad your not taking up room in the power rack. You want nice tone, hard, defined granite like abs???? LOSE FAT!

Muscle Soreness.
    Finally muscle soreness. I love how everyone braggs about how they are sore for 3 and 4 days after a workout and they think because of that one factor alone they actually accomplished something. Yeah, you accomplished something alright..........you made it take that much longer before you can workout again because you caused so much trauma to your muscles it takes a week and a half to freakin heal. Why not just do a few sets for each large muscle group and add weight each time and actually grow a little bit. Muscle soreness in not a direct indicator of growth..........its an indicator of trauma, and thats it! Why do you want to destroy your muscle??? Just stimulate it enough to have to compensate a little bit so you can hit it again even sooner. There are actually people out there who grow off big volume.......notyou56 is one of them and he is a beast but anyone out there reading this who does high volume, I challange you. Cut your routine in half and forget about being sore the next day and just keep adding weight to those few sets and I gaurentee you will get better results. I know why everyone trains with 10 to 15 to 20 sets perbodypart...........because they dont feel sore if they dont and they feel like if they are not sore they did not get in a good workout. Soreness means nothing. Stop gauging your progress by how sore you are and instead start gauging your progress by your log book and how much more weight you moved for 10 reps today than you did for 10 reps a month ago.

I've mentioned this before........building muscle is very simple. So many people complicate the crap out of this whole thing and just end up wasting months and years jumping around from one thing to the next trying to figure this thing out. Stop over thinking this stuff.........stick with the basic compound movements and just add a little more weight every time you can and your going to grow. I dont care if you do my routine or the latest, greatest thing going in all the magizines.......just add a little more weight each time and it will happen.

I think people think that if the dont get results in the first week or two they do something else thinking that will be the answer to their problems. Let me share a little secret with you............there is no secret. Just keep progressing on the same old basic movements, I dont even care if you get fired up about it, you dont even have to be passionate, just go through the motions and your going to get big wether you want to or not!
    To inquire about training contact
    Bosshogg at ''MASSIVE FITNESS''

I was hoping you would re-post this here, Boss. One of the best posts ever! I'm probably going to link to this thread twice a day. Thanks!
    "You only have power over people so long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power - he's free again."
    -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Excellent read. Thanks.
    Funny thing is I only get roid rage when you speak!

Stickied
    "You only have power over people so long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power - he's free again."
    -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Great read, thank you for taking the time to type this up!

That opened my eyes a little bit.

You never fail us boss. thanks for the great read and advice bro

Quote Originally Posted by FARNEY08 View Post
    You never fail us boss. thanks for the great read and advice bro
    Glad I could help guys, Thank you.
    To inquire about training contact
    Bosshogg at ''MASSIVE FITNESS''

Default music to my ears

Gday from OZ

i have been training close to 30 yrs and reading bosshogg thread was music to my ears i have been drumming this philosophy in to guys in the gym who constantly ask whats best exercise for bicep peak or isolating the delts or this protein versus some new pill on the market. i don't use protein shakes at all any more its whole protein foods regularly keeping a steady amino pool in my system all day works a treat for packing on size, as Boss say people make to much of a science out bodybuilding when its really basic. heavy increasing compound movements lots of rest and lots of quality food has lead to a slow constant growth over the years , once again great thread Boss

good shyt..................................
    Get Grown