Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Overtraining possibly?

Default Overtraining possibly?

Hey guys i was wondering if i was overtraing by any chance?
    I am 21, my current weight is 180, i am 5'7'' and my body fat is 11ish give or take a few i train 6 days a week

Mon-chest(7-8 exercise sets of 3-4 reps of 7-10 heavy)
    Tus- Bis and forearms (7-8 exercise sets of 3-4 reps of 7-10 heavy)
    Weds-Shoulders (7-8 exercise sets of 3-4 reps of 7-10 heavy)
    Thurs-Tris and Cafts (7-8 exercise sets of 3-4 reps of 7-10 heavy for tris) one exercise of 5 reps heavy cafts
    Fri-Back-(7-8 exercise sets of 3-4 reps of 7-10 heavy)
    Sat-off Rest day
    Sun-Legs, dead-lifts, traps-(4-5 exercise for legs sets of 4-5 reps of 7-10 heavy) Then deadlifts and traps (1-2 exercise)

Thanxs Guys

So you are basically doing 3 or 4 sets each of 7 or eight exercises with 7-10 heavy reps per bodypart every workout? That's between 21 and 32 sets, 147-320 reps. That's way too much IMO. I pick 3 exercises and do 3 sets each personally. Tops. Sometimes less. If I knew i was going to do 30 sets, I'd be holding back, saving a little in the tank. Giving it everything for 9 sets, that I can do. And that's enough. Once the nail is hammered flush, there's no need to keep pounding it.

yea thxs so any example of a workout routine? i wanna keep it the same to wat i have, but should i just cut out like 3-4 exercise and just focus on goin heavy and rele feeling the contractions on 4 or 5 exercise for each body part each day. Also do u think i should add another rest day in that cycle?

Thaxs all the info is great appreciated

If your goal is to add size, then I would go to a more simplified split. Something like this:

Mon: Chest, tri's
    Tues: Legs, calves
    Wed: off
    Thurs: shoulders, traps
    Fri: Back, bi's
    Sat: off
    Sun: off

I agree with SYL, you are way overtraining now. Keep the total # of reps 60-90 max per body-part. Personally, I do ~ 30 reps/body part
    53yrs old
    5' 8"
    185lbs / 14-15%bf
    TRT of 75mg/wk

If you want to keep it the same as what you have now...

Sun-Legs, dead-lifts, traps-(4-5 exercise for legs sets of 4-5 reps of 7-10 heavy) Then deadlifts and traps (1-2 exercise)

Mon-chest(3-4 exercises, 3-4 sets)

Tues- Rest

Wed- Arms, shoulders, calves (3 exercises for biceps, 3 sets---3 exercises for triceps, 3 sets----3 exercises for shoulders, 3 sets--- 3 exercises for calves, 3 sets---1 exercise forearms, 2 sets)

Thurs- Rest

Fri-Back-(3-4 exercises 3-4 sets)

Sat- Rest

Something like that I feel would be more conducive to growing. Growing takes energy and resources. If you are using all your energy and resources to train, there is nothing left to grow with. The reason I feel you can train all those muscle groups on Wed. is because they are all relatively small. Therefore they require less energy and cause less cortisol release than larger muscle groups. Another option would be perhaps bis, forearms and calves on Wed. and shoulders and tris on Thurs. instead of resting. That's what seems most logical to me at least. It would keep chest separated from shoulders and tris, and back from biceps and forearms..Good luck!
    Last edited by StrappingYoungLad; 04-01-2011 at 12:11 AM.

Monday: Chest & Calves
    4 sets of incline dumbbell press, 8-10 reps
    3 sets of bench press, 8-10 reps
    3 sets of incline flies, 8-10 reps
    3 sets of chest dips until failure
    2 sets of standing calf raises until failure
    2 sets of donkey calf raises until failure

Tuesday: Legs
    4 sets of squats 8-10 reps
    3 sets of leg press
    3 sets of leg extensions
    3 sets of stiff-legged deadlifts suppersetted with leg curls

Wednesday: Biceps & Triceps
    4 sets of chin-ups suppersetted with barbell curls
    3 sets of 21′s
    3 sets of close-grip bench press
    4 sets of pulldowns
    3 sets of skullcrushers

Thursday: Shoulders
    4 sets of miliatary press suppersetted with lateral raises
    3 sets of upright rows
    3 sets of front raises 3 sets of lying rear delt raises

Friday: Back
    3 sets of wide grip chins until failure
    4 sets of deadlifts
    3 sets of bent over rows
    3 sets of T-bar rows

Sat - Off

Sun - Off

That's mine.

Also guys i usually train pretty fast i am in the gym for like 45 min to and hr and 15, no longer then an hr and a half. That is wen i do my normal routine of 7-8 exercise for each body part should i just slow down in between sets and reps a lot and cut it to about 4-5 exercises wat do u think about that?

So if i keep my same tain sch 6 days a week or change it to five days and do arms together and have sat cardio and abs on sat and sun off what do u think about that Also im gunna cut down to 4-5 exercise for each body part 3-4 set of 7-10 reps?

I would say that 80% of people cant take more than 4 days of training. The way SYL lays it out would be ideal. 4 days should be the max you train, i honestly never go over 3. The 5 day routine posted above has so many things wrong with it. You gotta give yourself time to recover. Everyone thinks the more they do the better. But you need to understand how your body works. Hit your muscle hard, then get out and let it RECOVER. Dont exhaust to the point that it takes 2 weeks to recover. Because your next workout will be sooner than 2 weeks. Think of what muscles you use on each lift. Go to exrx . com and look up the lifts you pick and see the muscles that are used. Understand how to work an area then let it rest. You cant grow without proper rest.

Yea i totally understand it is just so hard to not tain 6 days a week idk i guess b/c i love to train and that routine is just SO Drilled into my head lol So on the off days should i just do light cardio or just rest completely, and if so 30-60 mins of light cardio and then just stretch out a bit?

Monday, Wednesday, Friday-Cardio in the am (40 mins low intensity with redline)

Sun-Legs, dead-lifts, traps- (4-5 exercise for legs sets of 4-5 reps of 7-10 heavy) Then deadlifts and traps (1-2 exercise)

Mon- Chest (3-4 exercises, 3-4 sets)

Tues- Rest- Cardio 30-60 mins L.I.

Wed- Bis, Forearms and Calves (3 exercises for biceps 3 sets--- 3 exercises for calves, 3 sets---1 exercise forearms, 2 sets)

Thurs- Shoulders and Tris (3 sets---3 exercises for triceps, 3 sets----3 exercises for shoulders)

Fri-Back- (3-4 exercises 3-4 sets)

Sat- Rest- Cardio 30-60 mins L.I

L.I.=Low intensity
    HOW THIS LOOK THEN?