Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: enought or too much?

Default enought or too much?

I came up with a workout routine and i need to know if its over training.
    tell me what you think

monday- chest( 4 exercise, 4 sets)
    tuesday- back( 4 exercise, 4 sets)
    wednesday-arms( 3 exercise, 3 sets for each tri and bi)
    thursday-legs( 4 exercise, 4 sets)
    friday- shoulders(3 exerise, 4 sets)
    saturday- off
    sunday- resume routine

also i do 4 hours a week of cardio at night

Too much. You are only giving yourself 1 day off a week for recovery and you are hitting your muscle groups more than once in a week when they are supposed to be resting. For example - chest day will use your triceps and shoulders. You then have those split out for their own days. You will be over training

I don't think it's too bad personally. I would suggest starting the rotation again on Monday vs starting again on Sunday. That being said, I wouldn't split like that unless I was doing lower weight / higher reps while cutting. If I am trying to gain, I use a modified push / pull split like this:

Wk 1
    Monday - chest, shoulders, tri's
    Tuesday - OFF
    Wednesday - Back, bi's
    Thursday - OFF
    Friday - Chest Shoulders tri's
    Sat - Legs
    Sunday - OFF

Wk 2
    Monday - Back bi's
    Tuesday - OFF
    Wednesday - chest, shoulders, tri's
    Thursday - OFF
    Friday - Back, bi's
    Sat - Legs
    Sunday - OFF

Sometime do my legs on Thursday, but basically hitting each group 3x in 2 weeks.
    53yrs old
    5' 8"
    185lbs / 14-15%bf
    TRT of 75mg/wk

How 'bout...

monday- chest( 4 exercise, 4 sets)
    tuesday- back( 4 exercise, 4 sets)
    wednesday-off
    thursday-legs( 4 exercise, 4 sets)
    friday- arms( 3 exercise, 3 sets for each tri and bi) shoulders(3 exercise, 4 sets)
    saturday- off
    sunday- off

Days off are good. You can still do something physical on those days if you like. Bike, swim, play ball...

I didn't think it was enough personally but you might all think I over-train. I usually stay 3 hours in the gym (the last is just shooting around in the court for some cardio).

Monday-Chest/Tri's
    Tuesday-Back/Bi's
    Wensday-Hams/Quads/Calfs/Abs
    Thursday-Traps/Delts
    Friday-Off
    Saturday & Sunday - Resume in order

good feedback guys, i think i will take 2 days off as appose to one day

Quote Originally Posted by Drew87jr View Post
    I didn't think it was enough personally but you might all think I over-train. I usually stay 3 hours in the gym (the last is just shooting around in the court for some cardio).

Monday-Chest/Tri's
    Tuesday-Back/Bi's
    Wensday-Hams/Quads/Calfs/Abs
    Thursday-Traps/Delts
    Friday-Off
    Saturday & Sunday - Resume in order

Wow.....I'm stretched, warm and done within 45 min. Couldnt imagine 3 hours. Obviously your intensity is not there. Which i would say is the worst flaw you can have at the gym. No way could you workout intense for 3 hours..hell, you couldnt even do it for 2.

me too even with 25 min of cardio and weights im done in 1hr 15min....

honestly, I can't always get a intense workout but I workout until I can't anymore. Than I usually shoot the basketball around for a while. I can't always get a real intensity going. Caffeine has no effect on me so all those over the counter supplements are useless for me and I try to get a good pump with my music but my hearing is pretty shot from my Marine Corps days. I also go to LA fitness because there's no good gym's around. I do what I can and workout until I can't. As for intensity, I do what I can with what I have.

I think what MD is saying Drew, is that you can either train hard, or you can train long, but not both. Which isn't entirely true. When creatine first came out, I used that along with ephedrine and cordyceps to fuel 2 hour workouts of continuous dropsets. I would do as many reps as I could and then imagine a gun to my head and do 3 more. Drop the weight, repeat. And again. I once squatted 315 for 46 reps without racking the bar. I was 100% natural, used more weight in good form than most of the juicers at the Powerhouse Gym where I trained, and looked and felt good... Then one day I decided that instead of seeing how much exercise I could tolerate, what was the minimum I actually needed to achieve the same results.

You know what? Damned little. I now do about 9 sets per week per bodypart. I haven't juiced in 3 years, I'm now 20 years older, and I still look and feel as good as I did then, if not better.

Some people enjoy training. Some people use it the way others use drugs, alcohol, sex, shopping, eating, etc. It doesn't matter to me how long you wish to train. I'm just saying that if you want to do other things with your time as well, than you could cut back considerably. If intensity is lacking, then don't count reps. Use a weight that you think you might get 8 with. Then get as many as you possibly can. Now imagine a gun to your head and it's 3 more or else. Something tells me you can get 3 more.

It's this mentality which MD is referring to as intensity. How long you can keep it up is an individual matter. Also, if someone or something irritates you or you get angry about something during the day, just hold onto it. Tell yourself you'll save it for the gym. Then when you're coming to those impossible do or die reps, just remember that and feel the anger as fully as possible. Let it fuel your workout and be a positive stress instead of a negative one. Just some thoughts...