Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Thread: Help on Shoulders

Talking Help on Shoulders

Hey guys, srry been away for awhile, but back. I have been keeping up on my workouts, but noticed my shoulders are lacking. I will list my routine and tell me where I might be going wrong or maybe switching exercises. I would appreciate the help.

Ok so you know I do most of my workouts with dumbbells. I have a lower back injury inwhich I blew out 6 disc, so shoulder days are spent seated with dumbbells.Now I do normally 4 sets at 6 reps. I use maxium weight and once I achieve 6 reps on all 4 sets, I move up 5 or 10 lbs in weight and repeat process.

I do the following:
    Seated Dumbbell Press: 4 sets max weight 6 reps per set
    Side Lateral Raises: 4 sets max weight 6 reps per set
    Front Lateral Raises: 4 sets max weight 6 reps per set
    Rear Dumbbell Raises: 4 sets max weight 6 reps per set
    Military Press Smith Machine: 4 sets max weight 6 reps per set
    Dumbbell Upright Rows: 4 sets max weight 6 reps per set

Now am I doing to much, or should I delete an exercise, any suggestions will help. I want the barn door knocker shoulders and they are coming along but seem to be lacking. Should I do more reps?

THanks as always in advance and tear it up and let me know. David

looks like your going too heavy with not enough reps....drop the weight and up the reps....try the 8-12 rep range for the next few shoulder workouts and see how it goes....

IMO, you're doing too much and have some redundancy in the movements you're doing. Based on your routine, you're doing a total of 144 reps for your shoulders, way too much for a moderate/small muscle group (unless you've been training for along time and are generally a monster). A lot of times people pick up a routine from MD or some other mag because it's some pros routine or something like that. A pro needs that much stimulation, most of us don't.

1. How often do you train shoulders?
    2. what's your split?
    3. give me an idea... how much are you pressing with your seated dumbells?

Generally, I like the rep range your in for building size and would consider 5x5 training for a while.

As far as redundancy... the seated dumbells and smith are working the same muscles in the same range of motion at the same angle, drop one of them or alternate week to week. Upright rows and front/side laterals are working the same muscles, same angle, generally same range of motion.

Personally, I'd do this:

seated presses (alternate between smith & dumbell) 5 x 5
    upright rows 5 x 5
    depending on your split, you may add in side/rear laterals (alternate) 5 x 5

see what others think, already have 2 responses with 2 different thoughts. You'll obviously have a decision to make, but you do know that what you're currently doing isn't getting you where you want to be.

GL!
    53yrs old
    5' 8"
    185lbs / 14-15%bf
    TRT of 75mg/wk

Yeah thanks so far. I got that work-out from a guy at the gym who is a monster..So from what you two have said so far, is cut down on so many exercises for that body part. I see two different methods from you guys, man it gets hard trying to figure all this out and what works best because I know everyone's body responds differently....

exactly! trial and error. I'd be cautious about routines from huge guys since I'm not one of them (yet), I need a lot less stimulation. a typical routine for someone like Jay Cutler would be wayyyyy overtraining for me.
    53yrs old
    5' 8"
    185lbs / 14-15%bf
    TRT of 75mg/wk

I hear you 2Rhod, I actually now looking at all this know I was over training and just plain over doing everythinhg. I will post my rountine lter for you guys to pick apart also, I really do appreciate all the help you guys bring to this forum. David

Hey just an idea, another one! what worked great for me is to change your normal shoulder workouts where you just do one set and then move on to the other, to doing one superset when beginning your shoulder workout. almost the same principle for building great calves, is to really shock the muscles!

For example i would do side laterals and immediately do shoulder press or upright rows. and then you do the rest of your workout normal.. but alter what you superset each week or 2nd week. I never had side delts but since doing it this way it really shocked my shoulders and i can see a great difference! But still dont over do it!

Hey Buff thanks, I feel more pump since swtiching things around and doing 8 reps and building to 12 reps before I move up in weight feels great. I feel now I am getting more out of my workouts since I changed things on your advice and can already feel the difference and yes with higher reps had to drop my weight 5 lbs and some 10 pounds in some cases, will keep you informed in the gains department and changes as I continue on with the change in schedule, and thanks others for your input and advice , always helpful this forum.....

Quote Originally Posted by canndav2001 View Post
    Hey Buff thanks, I feel more pump since swtiching things around and doing 8 reps and building to 12 reps before I move up in weight feels great. I feel now I am getting more out of my workouts since I changed things on your advice and can already feel the difference and yes with higher reps had to drop my weight 5 lbs and some 10 pounds in some cases, will keep you informed in the gains department and changes as I continue on with the change in schedule, and thanks others for your input and advice , always helpful this forum.....
    Awww shucks. that's what we're here for, to help each other out.
    The information given is for entertainment purposes only. I do not use steroids nor condone their use. I am not a trained health professional and therefore any answer given is strictly an intellectual exercise, not advice on how to use steroids.
    Muscle Forged In Pain!