Anabolic Steroids - Steroid Forums
Pin it Share on Tumblr

buy steroids - roid-shop.com

Thread: Workout Routine Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Workout Routine Help

Ok guys after 2 years of working out and the local hero's at the gym, I happen to think my routine is so jacked up I am lost in it, LOL I need some solid advice and once again I come to you guys. I am not trying to look like the HULK, just add some size and then define it. I have added some size in the two years, but the last year seems to have slowed down and I think the major reason is my routine is jacked with so much advice from the MONSTER GYM GUYS, don't take offense please at that. So I am posting my routine and need advice on the following: REPS vs SETS, when should I bump my weight up( i try and bump it 5 lbs every other week,is that good ?)and again I want the bulk and then will worry about defining myself later which is mostly diet. Mind you I have a bad lower back which I threw out 6 disc, so I have to tend to stay away from barbell bent rows, free standing squats and deadlifts, all in time once I build my lower back. ZSo with that in mind here is my routine and don't hold back, if you have to get harsh then do, because the only way I can get back on track is with the knowledge in this forum...Thanks in Advance......

Monday: Shoulder and Traps:Seated Arnold Press Dmbbell 45lbs 4 setsx 8
    Side Lateral Raises Dmbbell 20lbs 4 setsx 8
    Front Lateral Raises Dmbbell 25lbs 4 setsx 8
    Reverse Dmbbell Raises 20lbs 4 setsx 8
    Dumbbell Shrugs 50lbs 4 setsx 8
    at end 20 minute aerobic
    (note took your advice on higher reps today, felt good and felt the strain from extra reps and lowered my weight by 10lbs)
    Tuesday: Tricep and Abs
    Close Grip Bench: 100lbs 4 setsx 6
    Skull Crushers 65lbs 4 setsx 6
    French Press Dmbbell 50lbs 4 setsx 6
    Cable Rope 70lbs 4 setsx 6
    Roman Chair 4 setsx 20
    Abs 100 crunches(incudes side crunches also)
    Wednesday Legs
    Stand Squat 100lbs 4 setsx6 reps
    Leg Press 200lbs 4 setsx 6 reps
    Leg Extension 100lbs 4 setsx 6 reps
    Leg Curl 110lbs 4 setsx 6 reps
    Calf Smith Machine 50lbs 4 setsx 6 reps
    Aerobics 20 minutes
    Thursday: Chest and Forearm
    Dumbbell Flat Bench Press 65lbs 4 setsx 6 reps
    Dumbbell Incline Press 50lbs 4 setsx 6 reps
    Incline Flye 25lbs 4 setsx 6 reps
    Flat Bench Fly 25lbs 4 setsx 6
    Barbbell Wrist Curl 40lbs 4 setsx 6 reps
    Reverse Cable Curl 70lbs 4 setsx 6 reps
    Friday: Back and Bicep
    Seated Barbbell Curl 50lbs 4 setsx 6 reps
    Seated Hammer Curl 35lbs 4 setsx 6 reps
    Wide Grip EZ Bar Curl 50lbs 4 setsx 6 reps
    Close Grip Pull Down 135lbs 4 setsx 6 reps
    I have 3 different Lat Smith Machines that I use. They attack you at 3 different angles and I do 150lbs 4 setsx 6 reps.....
    Aerobis 20 minutes

One quick question - whats your age and weight?

Quote Originally Posted by canndav2001 View Post
    Ok guys after 2 years of working out and the local hero's at the gym, I happen to think my routine is so jacked up I am lost in it, LOL I need some solid advice and once again I come to you guys. I am not trying to look like the HULK, just add some size and then define it. I have added some size in the two years, but the last year seems to have slowed down and I think the major reason is my routine is jacked with so much advice from the MONSTER GYM GUYS, don't take offense please at that. So I am posting my routine and need advice on the following: REPS vs SETS, when should I bump my weight up( i try and bump it 5 lbs every other week,is that good ?)and again I want the bulk and then will worry about defining myself later which is mostly diet. Mind you I have a bad lower back which I threw out 6 disc, so I have to tend to stay away from barbell bent rows, free standing squats and deadlifts, all in time once I build my lower back. ZSo with that in mind here is my routine and don't hold back, if you have to get harsh then do, because the only way I can get back on track is with the knowledge in this forum...Thanks in Advance......

Upright rows 3 sets targeting 8 reps
    I'd only do one type of lateral raise during a given workout. you can rotate front, side & rear every 3 weeks or focus on the one area lagging the most.
    Dumbbell Shrugs 50lbs 5 setsx 8
    at end 20 minute aerobic
    (note took your advice on higher reps today, felt good and felt the strain from extra reps and lowered my weight by 10lbs)
    Close Grip Bench: 100lbs 4 setsx 8
    Skull Crushers 65lbs 4 setsx 8
    French Press Dmbbell 50lbs 2 setsx8
    Roman Chair 4 setsx 20
    Wednesday Legs
    Stand Squat 100lbs 5 setsx6 reps
    Leg Press 200lbs 3 setsx 6 reps
    Aerobics 20 minutes
    Incline Flye 25lbs 4 setsx 6 reps pick either flat or incline flies, not both
    Seated Barbbell Curl 50lbs 3 setsx 8 reps
    Seated Hammer Curl 35lbs 3 setsx 8 reps
    Wide Grip EZ Bar Curl 50lbs 3 setsx 8 reps pick this or the barbell curl, not both
    Bent over barbell rows 3 x 8reps
    Pull ups (use weights if you need) 8 reps
    I have 3 different Lat Smith Machines that I use. They attack you at 3 different angles and I do 150lbs 3 setsx 8 reps.....pick one of these per work out
    Aerobis 20 minutes

Hey bro, got your PM and thought this was a better place to reply. You'll get more responses here than just mine. Like I mentioned earlier, you need to try things out for a while & see what works for you, I'm still very much tweaking my routine also for the same reason.

Stick with 8 reps per set across the board for now and make sure your failing on the 8th rep. When you get to the point you can do 9 reps with the same weight, then go up by 5 lbs next time. Same for every excersize, when you can get more than 8 reps, add more weight. Make sure you fail on each set. Always start with the largest muscle group and finish with the smallest. So for your routine on Friday, for example, start with your back and finish with bi's. For bulking, incorporate multi-joint, compound moves as much as possible. Squats, deadlifts, bench, bent over rows, upright rows, military (arnold too) presses, etc... Don't really like this spllit, let me know if you want another suggestions there

Equally important to training is diet and rest. You know yourself better than anyone else, push yourself when you can and back-off when you know you should.
    Last edited by 2Rhodesians; 05-16-2011 at 08:26 PM.
    53yrs old
    5' 8"
    185lbs / 14-15%bf
    TRT of 75mg/wk

Quote Originally Posted by canndav2001 View Post
    Dumbbell Shrugs 50lbs 4 setsx 8
    at end 20 minute aerobic
    Close Grip Bench: 100lbs 4 setsx 6
    Skull Crushers 65lbs 4 setsx 6
    French Press Dmbbell 50lbs 4 setsx 6
    Cable Rope 70lbs 4 setsx 6
    Roman Chair 4 setsx 20
    Wednesday Legs
    Stand Squat 100lbs 4 setsx6 reps
    Leg Press 200lbs 4 setsx 6 reps
    Leg Extension 100lbs 4 setsx 6 reps
    Leg Curl 110lbs 4 setsx 6 reps
    Aerobics 20 minutes
    Incline Flye 25lbs 4 setsx 6 reps
    Seated Barbbell Curl 50lbs 4 setsx 6 reps
    Seated Hammer Curl 35lbs 4 setsx 6 reps
    Wide Grip EZ Bar Curl 50lbs 4 setsx 6 reps
    Close Grip Pull Down 135lbs 4 setsx 6 reps
    I have 3 different Lat Smith Machines that I use. They attack you at 3 different angles and I do 150lbs 4 setsx 6 reps.....
    Aerobis 20 minutes
    Monday - You are doing too much. You are overtraining in my opinion.
    Shoulder presses, side lateral aand front raises and call it quits.

Tuesday - Triceps? Didn't we just work upper body yesterday?

Wednesday - Doing aerobics or cardio after legs> How is that even possible? Your leg routine is not very solid. Squats should be done heavy for growth.
    And personally after working out two days in a row i wold be sitting my butt at home to recuperate.

Thursday - your doing chest after hitting shoulders on Monday and triceps on Tuesday? Over training again.

Friday working upper body again? Didn't you just hit upper body yesterday?

Just a critique. Why aren't you growing? You are over training. This is my opinion. I'm running 1200mg of test a week plus other anabolics and I would not do that much so soon.
    The information given is for entertainment purposes only. I do not use steroids nor condone their use. I am not a trained health professional and therefore any answer given is strictly an intellectual exercise, not advice on how to use steroids.
    Muscle Forged In Pain!

Buff then how should I make my routine up to where I am not over-training? The reason my squats are only at 100lbs right now is like I said my lower back has had major problems and I am trying to slowing build up to where I can handle heavier weights in the long run. I am just so dam confused from all the guys at the gym, it gets me mind boggled. I would really appreciate your advice on a proper routine that will spur growth. My weight right now is 206lbs, I would like to get down to 190-195lbs. My age is 40, so not a youngster, but overall in good shape and muscle tone.

I'm 54 so I have to use the time in the gym wisely. I stick with basic compound movements and do as many or as few sets as it takes for my muscles to grow. Yes growth is still possible later in life.
    Not saying this will work for you but taking my criticque of your training split and this schedule maybe you'll understand what I'm saying.
    Monday - chest/shoulders - Flat bench, inclines, Military presses, side laterals and front raises
    Tuesday - Legs - Squats, calf raises
    Wednesday - Rest
    Thursday - Biceps adn triceps - supersets of straight bar curls and lying tricep extensions
    Friday - Rest
    Saturday - Back - dead lifts and bent over rows.
    That's all I do. I have 20" arms, 30" legs and a 34" waist. 5'7" at 225 right now.
    The information given is for entertainment purposes only. I do not use steroids nor condone their use. I am not a trained health professional and therefore any answer given is strictly an intellectual exercise, not advice on how to use steroids.
    Muscle Forged In Pain!

Buff my friend many thanks once again for your help,insight and knowledge on this forum. I have to hit the gym today , but will be going ith a new routine....Thanks Again My friend-david